Windows 10 is

It's simple, prove it or not. As for bashing it I'm not, simply asking you to prove your claim for the benefit of all the other readers as I'm already happy with what I've done. If you can't or won't prove it then why should anyone take you at your word? :dunno:
If we discuss in an environment in which everything said is assumingly wrong and has to be proven, then there is no sense at all in discussion. Maybe, other users don´t want to rename processes but simply want to check a box and have a proper start menu. I cannot prove anything about Cortana. I used Enterprise LTSB which neither had Edge nor Cortana. However, here is the original source, the developer is the one with the name of Tihiy:
StartIsBack+
Still missing the point, you made a specific claim about something you obviously know nothing about and that in itself requires proof, proof that doesn't fit you nebulous "wrong assumptions" excuse but proof that should be readily available inline.
As for your linked blog....... I'm not going to read through the whole thing to find "your" proof, that's a deflection on your part, you waste your time not mine or stop making unverifiable claims. It really is that simple.
Don´t pretend to be that stupid.

"- Ability to reduce resource usage by disabling newer Start menu and Cortana processes from prelaunching"

StartIsBack++ 2.0
That's interesting and kinda - sorta all I was asking for the whole time as I could not find it anywhere but a blog? Let's put it in perspective, Cortana is hated by many PC knowledgeable people, nothing on the SIB page makes that claim, a claim that given the hatred for Cortana would be plastered on SIB's page in bold letters and plastered all over the internet by independent imags. Why only in one blog but not anywhere else? See my point now?
The tool is a one man project. It reaches more people on the forum than on a webpage especially made for sib. Most of the established download pages offer it, anyway.
Again, by your own admission you don't have 10 therefore you don't have Cortana and you're making a claim that has only been repeated in a blog not even on the FAQs Startisback official site, no excuse given the popularity of the subject. Until I see confirmed documentation by Startisback or confirmed documentation from an independent PC focused izine then I will not believe it can do what you claim.

Come on now, it's gotta be somewhere in there but it's not, I looked........

startisback articles - Google Search

Last edited:
Okay, I found that same claim made the exact same way on one other site, a claim but no details.
It's from 2015 and refers to it as the Beta version with multiple bugs.

Beta version of StartIsBack for Windows 10 is now available

The blog you posted is from 2015 also........... Nothing since. :dunno:
Why don´t you post your question in the startisback++ thread? The thread is old but still busy. Why don´t you believe the developer´s claim but when it is on some other page you do? I can only tell you that when I checked it out the option to disable was there. And you really get worked over this. You could have tested the option a thousand times.

Okay, I found that same claim made the exact same way on one other site, a claim but no details.

Why don´t you post your question in the startisback++ thread? The thread is old but still busy. Why don´t you believe the developer´s claim but when it is on some other page you do? I can only tell you that when I checked it out the option to disable was there. And you really get worked over this. You could have tested the option a thousand times.
You tested it yet you claim not to have Cortana........ That's interesting......... How would I have tested it if I don't have Startisback (which I don't want and doesn't work for me unless I buy it). :dunno:

You tested it yet you claim not to have Cortana........ That's interesting......... How would I have tested it if I don't have Startisback (which I don't want and doesn't work for me unless I buy it). :dunno:
I tested it because of the start menu. I don´t have a Cortana issue as my Windows version doesn´t have Cortana. And sib has a 30 days trial, so you can test it.

I tested it because of the start menu. I don´t have a Cortana issue as my Windows version doesn´t have Cortana. And sib has a 30 days trial, so you can test it.
You can't test it without Cortana, unless you have superhuman powers none of the rest of us do as for the 30 day trail, yeah I know about that......... used it up over a year ago........

You can't test it without Cortana, unless you have superhuman powers none of the rest of us do as for the 30 day trail, yeah I know about that......... used it up over a year ago........
Yes I can. Primarily, it is a start menu replacing tool. I am going to test the new version now together with aero glass. As for the 30 days trial, try out the download above.

Yes I can. Primarily, it is a start menu replacing tool. I am going to test the new version now together with aero glass. As for the 30 days trial, try out the download above.
You do realize that Cortana is much more than a 'start menu'....... right?

Do you see the entry that includes SearchUI and ShellExperienceHost? SearchUI is Cortana and ShellExperienceHost is the Windows 10 start menu. If the box is checked, both and related processes won´t be loaded on startup.

9kb82nlv.jpg

Do you see the entry that includes SearchUI and ShellExperienceHost? SearchUI is Cortana and ShellExperienceHost is the Windows 10 start menu. If the box is checked, both and related processes won´t be loaded on startup.

9kb82nlv.jpg
If you say so.

After reading all the headaches people have with W8 and W10, I have to laugh when the same people sneer at me for sticking with XP.
lol.gif

W10 is annoying. I'm not a fan. Of course I use it and load it on every computer I build because who has time for Linux.

After reading all the headaches people have with W8 and W10, I have to laugh when the same people sneer at me for sticking with XP.
lol.gif
Lol I have a laptop still running on XP. Problem is if you need your computer to support newer applications you are screwed.

If we discuss in an environment in which everything said is assumingly wrong and has to be proven, then there is no sense at all in discussion. Maybe, other users don´t want to rename processes but simply want to check a box and have a proper start menu. I cannot prove anything about Cortana. I used Enterprise LTSB which neither had Edge nor Cortana. However, here is the original source, the developer is the one with the name of Tihiy:
StartIsBack+
Still missing the point, you made a specific claim about something you obviously know nothing about and that in itself requires proof, proof that doesn't fit you nebulous "wrong assumptions" excuse but proof that should be readily available inline.
As for your linked blog....... I'm not going to read through the whole thing to find "your" proof, that's a deflection on your part, you waste your time not mine or stop making unverifiable claims. It really is that simple.

"- Ability to reduce resource usage by disabling newer Start menu and Cortana processes from prelaunching"

StartIsBack++ 2.0
That's interesting and kinda - sorta all I was asking for the whole time as I could not find it anywhere but a blog? Let's put it in perspective, Cortana is hated by many PC knowledgeable people, nothing on the SIB page makes that claim, a claim that given the hatred for Cortana would be plastered on SIB's page in bold letters and plastered all over the internet by independent imags. Why only in one blog but not anywhere else? See my point now?
The tool is a one man project. It reaches more people on the forum than on a webpage especially made for sib. Most of the established download pages offer it, anyway.
Again, by your own admission you don't have 10 therefore you don't have Cortana and you're making a claim that has only been repeated in a blog not even on the FAQs Startisback official site, no excuse given the popularity of the subject. Until I see confirmed documentation by Startisback or confirmed documentation from an independent PC focused izine then I will not believe it can do what you claim.

I have a program that strips a lot of unnecessary crap out of Win10.

I don't think it's called that, though.

lol.gif
Lol I have a laptop still running on XP. Problem is if you need your computer to support newer applications you are screwed.

I'm fine with what I have now. In fact, after 9 years I just discovered I have a pinball game I'd never played....it's a BLAST too. I've had an ongoing battle with one of the mods in the XP games at "the Zone.com" for years. The prick cheats at backgammon and will at checkers if you don't watch him closely. :eusa_snooty:

StartIsBack++ 2.0

I have a program that strips a lot of unnecessary crap out of Win10.

I don't think it's called that, though.
I have what is possibly the same one

Had WIN 10 for over a year now. I like it. I was a huge XP fan, I am hearing about the ransomeware attacks in Europe and Russia.

Forum List

Back