Windows 10 could ship this summer, and new features keep coming

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
20150121_115316-100564169-large.jpg

I'm getting where this window on Win8 isn't so strange but I still revert to Classic 7 right away. It appears MS is aiming at the China market so I don't know how much if affects American users. Read the story @ Microsoft says Windows 10 could ship this summer and new features keep coming PCWorld

Instead of releasing new OS every other year with what amounts to TInt Control and Go-Faster stripes, MS should try and make an OS that's actually good ya don't then need to upgrade from because it's crap.

Most OS upgrades are because new technology came out. But unless you're doing something with your computer that staying current is actually required like high-tech development and research, if just playing games and using the internet, as I can attest 20 year old tech is just fine. :)

Most OS upgrades are because new technology came out. But unless you're doing something with your computer that staying current is actually required like high-tech development and research, if just playing games and using the internet, as I can attest 20 year old tech is just fine. :)
That depends on the games. One of my favorites runs on Windows 95 to Windows 10: C&C Generals. Well, you need the original setup CDs in order to install it on 95/98/ME.

Oh I forgot: Its so great that it is "indexed" in Germany. That means, no public advertising and sale, sale only to adults. That does not apply for the cut version (usk: 16), that came in consequence of that bullshit. It "features" surreal factions, USA becomes "Western Alliance" for example, "robotized" voices, bots instead of human soldiers and a decrease of displayed violence in the consequence.

But even the original US and German versions lock features (and units´ replies) of the game away that are still there and can be unlocked.

Last edited:
Instead of releasing new OS every other year with what amounts to TInt Control and Go-Faster stripes, MS should try and make an OS that's actually good ya don't then need to upgrade from because it's crap.

Since Windows 7 is the best OS for Microcomputers in existence, that offers little for future sales, Tint control offers a reason for people to 'upgrade."

Forum List

Back