Wind Turbines Kill More Birds Than BP Oil Spill

'The White Lady' was a book I read when I was young. It is about an albino bat a man found and nursed back to health. As a game, it would fly through the turning blade of his electric fan at 600rpm, but would not try at 900.
It is impossible to accept this estimate for bat deaths by slow-turning aeolians.

I call bullshit. Noway a bat is going to be able to fly through a fan going at 600rpms.
This is why bats are killed by wind turbines.
Holy haemorrhage Batman Wind turbines burst bat lungs Not Exactly Rocket Science

Cats kill more birds than the BP oil spill

So until we get control of cats, BP should be allowed to dump as much oil as they wish

indeed

the MNDNR has a saying for cats in the wild

3s

shoot em

shovel em

scoot

Yep...once I killed off 23 of the 25 cats infesting my weekend place the wildlife bounced back in an amazing way.
Rabbits,song birds,horned toads,turkeys,roadrunners all came back in astounding numbers.

So until we get control of cats, BP should be allowed to dump as much oil as they wish

indeed

3s

shoot em

shovel em

scoot

Yep...once I killed off 23 of the 25 cats infesting my weekend place the wildlife bounced back in an amazing way.
Rabbits,song birds,horned toads,turkeys,roadrunners all came back in astounding numbers.

stray cats multiply quickly

best to keep em under control

indeed

3s

shoot em

shovel em

scoot

stray cats multiply quickly

best to keep em under control

Yep..and the health of the two cats I kept around for vermin control is much improved.

Not running out of birds.

"Meanwhile, the aptly named book, "How Many Birds Are There?" estimates 200-400 billion birds for the entire world, which is pretty consistent with 10-20 billion in the U.S."

Quit trying to pretend like you care about birds when in actuality, and as everyone understands, you only care about the success of alt energy sources which threatens oil interests.

'The White Lady' was a book I read when I was young. It is about an albino bat a man found and nursed back to health. As a game, it would fly through the turning blade of his electric fan at 600rpm, but would not try at 900.
It is impossible to accept this estimate for bat deaths by slow-turning aeolians.
They only appear to be slow-turning. The ends of the blades on a large windmill move much more rapidly than you would think, and easily kill unwary birds and/or bats.

Not running out of birds.

"Meanwhile, the aptly named book, "How Many Birds Are There?" estimates 200-400 billion birds for the entire world, which is pretty consistent with 10-20 billion in the U.S."

Quit trying to pretend like you care about birds when in actuality, and as everyone understands, you only care about the success of alt energy sources which threatens oil interests.
We could put a bunch of windmills off the New England coast where there are strong, steady winds, but the wealthy liberals don't want them there. Spoils the scenery, don't you know, having windmills 20 miles out to sea and all.

(aside)...Thanks, Stefanie. I used to live in Liberty....
....Maine.

I went through Maine once...never had a hankering to live there. I'm in the Midwest now after leaving Alaska where I lived for 15 years

Wind turbines never destroyed a regional economy.

They dont do anything for it either. But they do a fantastic job of ruining the scenery.

Oil

oil-gas.Par.93747.Image.500.375.1.gif

Coal

Coal-Mine-Rehabilitation-2.jpg

They dont do anything for it either. But they do a fantastic job of ruining the scenery.

Oil

Coal

Oil

Coal

Dams
grand_coulee_dam.jpg

And they are not merely subsidized--most are run directly by governments!

Oil

Coal

Those pumpjacks dont appear to be 328 feet tall.
And not only that the pumpjacks will eventually be gone.

wind-turbine-federal-tax-credit-2012-537x407.jpg

And they'll be there forever..or until the tax subsidies die and they eventually fall down from lack of maintenance.

Forum List

Back