Will You Be Like Bush And Not Criticize Your Successor?; Obama: I Will If "Necessary"

Grizz

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2015
My favorite pat of this exchange....

"..........Now, some of that is the nature of our system. And geography. As long as Wyoming gets the same number of Senators as California there is going to be some tilt towards Republicans when it comes to Congressional races. The fact that a lot of Democratic voters are bunched up in big cities and a lot of Republican voters are spread out across geography gives them an advantage when it comes to Congressional races. Some of it is just political bad luck. "

Reporter to Obama: Will You Be Like Bush And Not Criticize Your Successor?; Obama: I Will If "Necessary"

So Bammy thinks that because a small State gets two Senators it tilts the "Congressional" playing field.....so much for this man being a "Constitutional" professor.

With each Representative representing nearly 1,000,000 people and congressional districts having to be drawn like Rorchach tests to shoehorn them into districts, it's far passed time to expand the House.

The President is right about political bad luck.

With each Representative representing nearly 1,000,000 people and congressional districts having to be drawn like Rorchach tests to shoehorn them into districts, it's far passed time to expand the House.

So Senate Races affect Congressional Races......

Well the Senate is part of Congress so yes.

If you meant House races; no.

However, giving a small lightly populated state like Arkansas 2 senators and Texas 2 Senators is hardly fair when both territorially and population wise one is quite superior to the other. It represents a flaw in an imperfect system and, as the current politics go...it's bad luck for the Democrats. It's bad luck for the Republicans (currently) that California and Hawaii have the same representation in the Senate. But as we saw with President Reagan, that can change.

I'm pretty sure that is what the President was speaking of.

However, giving a small lightly populated state like Arkansas 2 senators and Texas 2 Senators is hardly fair when both territorially and population wise one is quite superior to the other. It represents a flaw in an imperfect system and, as the current politics go...it's bad luck for the Democrats. It's bad luck for the Republicans (currently) that California and Hawaii have the same representation in the Senate. But as we saw with President Reagan, that can change.

Pathetic.
I know that YOU know that Senate and "Congressional" races re different animals.

I also know that YOU know that they did that on purpose.

Well, for bush... criticizing Obama was kind of difficult, because unfortunately Obama quickly took an approach that made him basically an extension of bush.

Trump though? This is a guy who whines constantly about the smallest, most trivial things. Day after day on twitter... whine whine whine.

Yeah, he deserves criticism... because he's full of bad judgement. You elected a teenager into the white house.

Pathetic.
I know that YOU know that Senate and "Congressional" races re different animals.

That you don't know the Senate is part of Congress...I agree.

Senatorial and House races are, in fact, different however.

My favorite pat of this exchange....

"..........Now, some of that is the nature of our system. And geography. As long as Wyoming gets the same number of Senators as California there is going to be some tilt towards Republicans when it comes to Congressional races. The fact that a lot of Democratic voters are bunched up in big cities and a lot of Republican voters are spread out across geography gives them an advantage when it comes to Congressional races. Some of it is just political bad luck. "

Reporter to Obama: Will You Be Like Bush And Not Criticize Your Successor?; Obama: I Will If "Necessary"

So Bammy thinks that because a small State gets two Senators it tilts the "Congressional" playing field.....so much for this man being a "Constitutional" professor.
Bush left office in disgrace. With no right to criticize anything. Obama will not have that burden.

Pathetic.

Your need to protect the Magic Angry Negro is making you look more stupid than normal honey.

300,000,000 million citizens/435 representatives = 689,655 citizens per rep.

The Obamas are sacks of shit with zero class. Why would anyone expect them to act respectfully under new leadership?

The issue is the Angry Magic Negroe's conflation of the House and Senate elections.

Bush and Cheney left office in disgrace and unable to travel to western Europe for fear of arrest.

Obama, not a good president, at least served as honorably as the conditions permitted.

He correctly reserved the right to chime in on Trump if he thinks it appropriate.

Pathetic.

Your need to protect the Magic Angry Negro is making you look more stupid than normal honey.

he he he....one needn't worry about the opinions of someone using the term "magic angry negro" Shirley.

300,000,000 million citizens/435 representatives = 689,655 citizens per rep.

More like 320,000,000 million citizens.

Hell, 700,000 is still way too many for one person to adequately represent. Could you imagine if everyone eligible voted? We wouldn't know who won for weeks!

Bush and Cheney left office in disgrace and unable to travel to western Europe for fear of arrest.

Obama, not a good president, at least served as honorably as the conditions permitted.

He correctly reserved the right to chime in on Trump if he thinks it appropriate.

Traditionally, ex-Presidents don't criticize their successors. Jimmah is the first one I recall, whining about GWB. Obama will also criticize Trump because he spent 8 years whining about GWB. Two of the sorriest assholes to ever contaminate the Oval Office. Jimmah and Barry.

A rare area of agreement on expanding the house but the Ds have repeatedly failed to do that when in power when they could have as in 93-95 and 09-11 and they have never run on it.

Forum List

Back