Will the Red Sox season end tonight...

Man, I'm all kinds of butthurt over this.

I'm a little butthurt, but that's about it.

Even if the Sox won the wildcard, they weren't going anywhere. They might've taken one game against Texas, but that's about it.

And no matter what happens to any of my favorite sports teams, I don't think any high will ever match the SB win over the Rams, and no low will ever match the SB loss to the Giants. I've experienced both extremes which actually makes it easier now to just enjoy the competition in the moment.

There's are rumors floating that some Red Sox starters were drinking in the clubhouse on nights they weren't pitching.

I heard it from a guy.

Somebody has to take the fall, and it's not like their going to fire the whole team. Between Tito and Theo I'd say it's about 50/50. Theo's free agent signings haven't exactly panned out for the most part, but still, there is no excuse for Tito not getting this team into the postseason.

Somebody has to take the fall, and it's not like their going to fire the whole team. Between Tito and Theo I'd say it's about 50/50. Theo's free agent signings haven't exactly panned out for the most part, but still, there is no excuse for Tito not getting this team into the postseason.

Imo the biggest thing that hurt the Sox this year were injuries. Buchholz in the rotation from June to September gives the Sox at least a handful more wins most likely. It seems like one of the hardest spots to fill with quality person is manager, and I really have no idea which direction they'll go in. It just seems to add more uncertainty to a situation that doesn't need it.

They must now sacrifice Lackey to appease me.

Absolutely.

I've been wrong right there with Theo on many of his flops, but not this one. When I first heard they signed Lackey I wasn't pleased at all. In fact, I thought it was about the dumbest signing imaginable.

The biggest thing that hurt the Red Sox this year was their inability to play fundamental baseball. Period.

Imo the biggest thing that hurt the Sox this year were injuries. Buchholz in the rotation from June to September gives the Sox at least a handful more wins most likely. It seems like one of the hardest spots to fill with quality person is manager, and I really have no idea which direction they'll go in. It just seems to add more uncertainty to a situation that doesn't need it.

I don't think you can hang going 7-20 in September on injuries.

Absolutely.

I've been wrong right there with Theo on many of his flops, but not this one. When I first heard they signed Lackey I wasn't pleased at all. In fact, I thought it was about the dumbest signing imaginable.

We were all pissed, man. From day one I've yet to meet someone who liked the signing or the man himself.

As usual, they fell apart in September. They have been able to overcome that a few times lately, but always seem to revert.
Think Bucky Dent.

The biggest thing that hurt the Red Sox this year was their inability to play fundamental baseball. Period.

Yup.

I think part of the problem there is that Theo got away from what he was really good at when he first took over as GM, which is building talent in the minors. The lack of fundamentals came mostly from their free agent signings and trades, not their home grown talent like Pedroia, Ellsbury and Youkilis.

Absolutely.

We were all pissed, man. From day one I've yet to meet someone who liked the signing or the man himself.

So did you pee your pants laughing too when Toucher and Rich did their "John Lackey or a muppet" bit?

Absolutely.

So did you pee your pants laughing too when Toucher and Rich did their "John Lackey or a muppet" bit?

Oh fuck yeah.

The McDonald's filet o' fish thing they did was hilarious too.

I wanted that to be my ring tone for a while.

Yup.

I think part of the problem there is that Theo got away from what he was really good at when he first took over as GM, which is building talent in the minors. The lack of fundamentals came mostly from their free agent signings and trades, not their home grown talent like Pedroia, Ellsbury and Youkilis.

They got a lot of holes to fill and all they have coming up to fill them next season is maybe Iglesias. Then who else? Where the eff is our Matt Moore lol

I suppose there's the chance Lavarnway is somehow the real deal and can DH.

Oh fuck yeah.

The McDonald's filet o' fish thing they did was hilarious too.

I wanted that to be my ring tone for a while.

Dang it!

I missed that one.

Oh it's hilarious.

You know the song from the filet of fish commercial with the singing large mouth bass on the wall right?

Well inbetween "gimme back that filet o' fish" and "gimme that fish" line Rich inserts a clip of the garble Lackey spouts when he's trying to spit something out but can't, and it sounds a ton like the quick cheesy synthesizer interlude between the two lines in the commercial.

Forum List

Back