Will the GOP ever be fiscally conservative as the GOP was in the 1990s?

Enough for your side to spazz and shut the government down in 1995.

Funny, the only president to pass tax and spending cuts is Bill Clinton, because the PREZ does not do the budget, the house does.

Newt Gingrich was a fiscal conservative. He was the last republican who can authentically claim that.
So none, thanks for the clarification.

So none, thanks for the clarification.

Most search engines have the

Federal spending by year chart in images

The prosperity of America directly correlates with how much fiscal conservatism is being practiced.

Enough for your side to spazz and shut the government down in 1995.

Funny, the only president to pass tax and spending cuts is Bill Clinton, because the PREZ does not do the budget, the house does.

Newt Gingrich was a fiscal conservative. He was the last republican who can authentically claim that.
Untrue, Oblama had Bush era tax cuts extended during his first term.

Untrue, Oblama had Bush era tax cuts extended during his first term.

Fiscal conservatism is much more about cutting/reducing spending than it is about tax cuts.

W spent more than LBJ and cut taxes, a toxic brew unbalanced which resulted it a trillion dollar deficit, a depression, and a Kenyan cocksucker as president.

No republican in federal office has cut any spending at all.

The Republican Party made an earnest effort to balance the budget in the 1990s.

But for the past 20 years they have paid lip service to fiscal conservatism. Yet the rubes keep falling for the same hoax to this day.

Trump figured this out. That's why he had no qualms about lying right to the voters faces by promising to pay off the debt.

In reality, the GOP Congress and Trump set about immediately skyrocketing the federal deficit, and Trump submitted the largest federal spending budget in the history of the Universe.

And not one of the rube herd or their propaganda outlets uttered so much as a peep in protest.

But now that Democrats are overspending, the right wing outrage machine is shocked, shocked at all the spending.

And, as usual, they are promising to reign in spending once they get back in power. :lol:

The Republican Party made an earnest effort to balance the budget in the 1990s.

But for the past 20 years they have paid lip service to fiscal conservatism. Yet the rubes keep falling for the same hoax to this day.

Trump figured this out. That's why he had no qualms about lying right to the voters faces by promising to pay off the debt.

In reality, the GOP Congress and Trump set about immediately skyrocketing the federal deficit, and Trump submitted the largest federal spending budget in the history of the Universe.

And not one of the rube herd or their propaganda outlets uttered so much as a peep in protest.

But now that Democrats are overspending, the right wing outrage machine is shocked, shocked at all the spending.

And, as usual, they are promising to reign in spending once they get back in power. :lol:
The rubes are the ones who believe Democrats when they attack Republicans for deficit spending.

Tax expenditures are exemptions, credits, and deductions. They cost $1.4 trillion a year. The only tax expenditure which has actually been proven to increase productivity is the EITC. All other tax expenditures negatively impact growth and productivity. For instance, the mortgage interest deduction adds 27 percent to the cost of your house while making lenders fabulously rich. That's why special interests spend over $100 million a year lobbying our politicians to keep tax expenditures alive. Without tax expenditures, entities and people earning identical incomes would pay identical taxes.
"That's crazy talk!"

When Social Security was invented, the average lifespan was 60 years. Only 5.4 percent of the population was over 65. SS was intended for outliers who beat the odds, not for everyone.
Today, the over 65 population is TRIPLE the percentage of our population that it was in 1935. This is an unsustainable trend.
We are living longer, we should be working longer. Common sense.

The Fair Tax is not the same as the flat tax. The flat tax is an income tax. Income taxes punish productivity. Consumption taxes like the Fair Tax are superior to taxes on production.
Just as an aside, when Ted Cruz was campaigning in 2016 and said his flat tax would abolish the IRS, he was blatantly lying. The flat tax is an income tax, so how would you abolish the IRS?
Cruz was counting on the ignorance of the rubes not to catch on.
1. So we all just do the standard deduction? Fine by me.

2. I'm retired, and I can tell you that people that have office jobs can work to 70, but they won't be as capable as they once were, people who have physical jobs cannot.
My recommendation is to raise the early 62 age to 64, and full retirement to 66.

3. Your "Fair tax" sounds like the VAT, "Value Added Tax", or as I call it, a Federal Sales Tax. I like the idea, as long as it eliminates or reduces the Income Tax.

1. So we all just do the standard deduction? Fine by me.
What's the point of a standard deduction if you can just lower tax rates instead? If we eliminate all tax expenditures, tax rates could be dramatically reduced.

2. I'm retired, and I can tell you that people that have office jobs can work to 70, but they won't be as capable as they once were, people who have physical jobs cannot.
My recommendation is to raise the early 62 age to 64, and full retirement to 66.
When the retirement age was set to 65, blue collar workers were not living long enough to collect then, either.

The 70 year old of today is in far better shape than the 70 year olds of 1935.

3. Your "Fair tax" sounds like the VAT, "Value Added Tax", or as I call it, a Federal Sales Tax. I like the idea, as long as it eliminates or reduces the Income Tax.
The Fair Tax would replace the entire federal tax code.

Countries which have a VAT also have an income tax.

Yes, that's the accumulation of all the Democrat spending.

LMAO... You really believe that, don't you?

What about all that democrat spending that Trump signed into law through all those appropriations bills? Don't they count?

Destroying the US dollar is & has been the only goal of Republicans. The US Dollar is Government bonds that's value is based on the full faith & credit of the US Government.

100% of Republican law makers signed Norquist no tax pledge to "shrink government and drown it in a bathtub". They never signed a pledge to shrink spending, they actually increase spending to explode debt to destroy government credit & US Dollar! Then they undermined our faith in the voting system & attacked the US Capitol to finish the job.

Republicans are the money printers, deficit inflation exploding & big spenders! Nixon took the US Dollar off the Gold standard in 1971. Trump printed 5 times more than all presidents in history COMBINED!

Democrats pay for spending with taxes & spending cuts that prevents deficits & inflation.

Republican president Nixon took the US Dollar off the Gold Standard because Republicans #1 Goal is to Print, Print, Print & Spend, Spend, Spend!!!

Treasury Secretary Paul O’Neill tried to warn Republican Vice President Dick Cheney that his plan to explode budget deficits posed a threat to the economy. Cheney cut him off. “You know, Paul, Reagan proved deficits don’t matter,”...“We won the midterms. This is our due.” A month later, Cheney told the Treasury secretary he was fired.

Note how under Trump, Gold soared over $2,065 & Biden has it falling to $1,615 as he restores faith in the US Dollar.

Last edited:
Basically, that is the real MOST IMPORTANT issue.

Government was in control in the 1990s because Newt kept it tight. Budgets that cut both spending and taxes in the 1990s produced budget surplus and booming economy.

The GOP has not been for fiscal conservatism since 1998.

The problem on that issue, of course, is the whole Israel/Zionism issue, and the fact that pro Israel Christians are incapable of understanding fiscal conservatism since they do not understand

BASIC FUCKING MATH

The rest of the GOP needs to wake up and remember that math matters. We were under $6 trillion in debt when W took office with a mandate to continue Gingrich's success. W, of course, the worst traitor in American history, spent and grew government faster than LBJ, complete with free opium pills....

Short answer: No. The Republicans LOVE money laundering and supporting the Globalists as much as the democrats

Forum List

Back