Will the GOP ever be fiscally conservative as the GOP was in the 1990s?

We owe because our elected official borrowed from the Fed. So it has to be paid back.
Other countries buy our debt from the Fed. The fed is the middle man.
We don't own the fed.

The US Treasury sells Bills, Notes and Bonds. They don't borrow from the Fed.
They would sell debt the exact same way if the Fed didn't exist.
The Fed is part of the Federal government. The US Treasury gets all the profit from the Fed
beyond that which they use to run the Fed.

We owe because our elected official borrowed from the Fed. So it has to be paid back.
Other countries buy our debt from the Fed. The fed is the middle man.
We don't own the fed.
That's a truly naive understanding of the Fed. Who owns the fed if not the federal government?

That's a truly naive understanding of the Fed. Who owns the fed if not the federal government?

It's more of a corporation than anything. It's not actually "federal."

The government itself would have to pass a law to audit the fed. Does that explain things better? They can't be jacked with. Like say the IRS can audit anyone for any reason. But they can't touch the Fed.

Yes, it is actually federal. The corporation is a fiction they used to get around the Constitution because it doesn't allow the government to print money. Congress appoint the board of governors, so they control it. That means they own it.

The government itself would have to pass a law to audit the fed. Does that explain things better? They can't be jacked with. Like say the IRS can audit anyone for any reason. But they can't touch the Fed.

Sure they can. Congress can pass any laws it needs tomorrow. You seem to believe that Congress can't undo something it did. That's nonsense.

Trump doesn't have a voting record, moron. He's never been an elected official before.

He has a 4 year record, you twit. As potus. And his record of spending is worse than Obamas. And to date, is still worse than Bidens. And you call that "conservatism?" WTF is wrong with you?
Then there's no such thing as a conservative, because every member of congress has voted for stuff you don't like

There is a such thing as a conservative, you twit. Amash, Roy, Massie, both Pauls and a couple of others. But they're few and far between. The GOP outlawed fiscal and constitutional conservatism just prior to Reagan.
They don't qualify according to your criteria, dipstick.

They don't qualify? Their voting records qualify them. You twit.

Trumps record disqualifies him as an actual conservative. He's a CINO.

The US Treasury sells Bills, Notes and Bonds. They don't borrow from the Fed.
They would sell debt the exact same way if the Fed didn't exist.
The Fed is part of the Federal government. The US Treasury gets all the profit from the Fed
beyond that which they use to run the Fed.

A Bond (which is our national debt and is accumulated by way of deficit spending) issued by the Treasury is an IOU.

It's a piece of paper with numbers printed on it that says loan me a trillion dollars today and I promise that over a ten year period I will pay you back that trillion dollars. Plus interest.

After that, The Treasury holds a Bond auction.

Then the world's largest banks show up and compete to buy part of our national debt and make a profit on it by earning interest.

Then, through a shell game called ''open market operations,'' sell some of those Bonds to the Federal Reserve for a profit.

The Federal Reserve pays for those Bonds by opening up its checkbook and writing a hot check that's drawn on an account which has nothing in it. Here, the Fed is committing fraud.

This is how ''currency'' springs into existence.

Now, Toddster, I know that you already know all of that.

I'm just expanding on what you left out, for the benefit of casual passers-by because I'm cool like that.

Last edited:
He has a 4 year record, you twit. As potus. And his record of spending is worse than Obamas. And to date, is still worse than Bidens. And you call that "conservatism?" WTF is wrong with you?
Wrong, asshole. You're including all that COVID spending which all the progs claimed was necessary to keep the country from collapsing.

There is a such thing as a conservative, you twit. Amash, Roy, Massie, both Pauls and a couple of others. But they're few and far between. The GOP outlawed fiscal and constitutional conservatism just prior to Reagan.
The ones you listed definitely don't fit your definition of the term.

They don't qualify? Their voting records qualify them. You twit.
NOT.

Trumps record disqualifies him as an actual conservative. He's a CINO.
He's as qualified as Mike Lee or Ronald Reagan, nimrod.

Like I said, Trump is the most conservative president we've had since Calvin Coolidge.

Wrong, asshole. You're including all that COVID spending which all the progs claimed was necessary to keep the country from collapsing.
Were all those corporate funds necessary to keep the country from collapsing? Corporations where still making a profit, even during the pandemic? Would an airline going under collapse the country? All that free, extra unemployment money, that kept people from going to work.......
The ones you listed definitely don't fit your definition of the term.

I'm starting to think you don't have a clue as to what a fiscal and constitutional conservative is.

You might take a gander at their voting records. Or at least their liberty scores.
Lee has a 94% liberty report.
Romney's score, IIRC, is in the 50's.
He's as qualified as Mike Lee or Ronald Reagan, nimrod.

Like I said, Trump is the most conservative president we've had since Calvin Coolidge.

What's your idea of a conservative, man? Because there's very little that Trump actually did that could be considered "conservative." Like Funding planned parenthood, gender studies... Those are things that were in those NEW spending bills that Trump signed into law. A conservative would never support that sort of liberal crap.

What's your idea of a conservative, man? Because there's very little that Trump actually did that could be considered "conservative." Like Funding planned parenthood, gender studies... Those are things that were in those NEW spending bills that Trump signed into law. A conservative would never support that sort of liberal crap.

Collectively speaking, there are very few true conservatives left in America today. Very few.

The only real conservatives left are classical liberals. Again, collectively speaking.

Collectively speaking, there are very few true conservatives left in America today. Very few.

The only real conservatives left are classical liberals. Again, collectively speaking.

Classic liberals, Conservatives. By some, they're referred to as Libertarians. But I think that last one was just to keep people from taking it serious, due to the LP's support for drugs and trans people.

The government itself would have to pass a law to audit the fed. Does that explain things better?

The Fed is audited every year. The documents are online.

Like say the IRS can audit anyone for any reason. But they can't touch the Fed.

When is the last time the IRS audited the FBI?
Or the DEA? LOL!

A Bond (which is our national debt and is accumulated by way of deficit spending) issued by the Treasury is an IOU.

It's a piece of paper with numbers printed on it that says loan me a trillion dollars today and I promise that over a ten year period I will pay you back that trillion dollars. Plus interest.

After that, The Treasury holds a Bond auction.

Then the world's largest banks show up and compete to buy part of our national debt and make a profit on it by earning interest.

Then, through a shell game called ''open market operations,'' sell some of those Bonds to the Federal Reserve for a profit.

The Federal Reserve pays for those Bonds by opening up its checkbook and writing a hot check that's drawn on an account which has nothing in it. Here, the Fed is committing fraud.

This is how ''currency'' springs into existence.

Now, Toddster, I know that you already know all of that.

I'm just expanding on what you left out, for the benefit of casual passers-by because I'm cool like that.

They're all book-entry only now. No paper.

Then, through a shell game called ''open market operations,'' sell some of those Bonds to the Federal Reserve

And sometimes they buy more from the Fed. Depends on what the Fed needs to do.

for a profit.

Not always.

Fraud?
When has a bank gone to the Fed to withdraw some of those funds and been unable to get them?
Ever?

You're awesome! Sometimes, you're even correct.

Were all those corporate funds necessary to keep the country from collapsing? Corporations where still making a profit, even during the pandemic? Would an airline going under collapse the country? All that free, extra unemployment money, that kept people from going to work.......

I'm starting to think you don't have a clue as to what a fiscal and constitutional conservative is.

You might take a gander at their voting records. Or at least their liberty scores.
Lee has a 94% liberty report.
Romney's score, IIRC, is in the 50's.

They have been in every spending bill since they were created, shit for brains.

Basically, that is the real MOST IMPORTANT issue.

Government was in control in the 1990s because Newt kept it tight. Budgets that cut both spending and taxes in the 1990s produced budget surplus and booming economy.

The GOP has not been for fiscal conservatism since 1998.

The problem on that issue, of course, is the whole Israel/Zionism issue, and the fact that pro Israel Christians are incapable of understanding fiscal conservatism since they do not understand

BASIC FUCKING MATH

The rest of the GOP needs to wake up and remember that math matters. We were under $6 trillion in debt when W took office with a mandate to continue Gingrich's success. W, of course, the worst traitor in American history, spent and grew government faster than LBJ, complete with free opium pills....
How much of a budget decrease did those conservatives implement?

How much of a budget decrease did those conservatives implement?

Enough for your side to spazz and shut the government down in 1995.

Funny, the only president to pass tax and spending cuts is Bill Clinton, because the PREZ does not do the budget, the house does.

Newt Gingrich was a fiscal conservative. He was the last republican who can authentically claim that.

Yes I think we've discussed ways to get back to fiscal sanity on this forum, but I'm old and have CRS disease (Can't remember S___)
So here we go again:
1. What do you mean ban all tax expenditures? Is that the same as eliminating all "subsidies"?
Tax expenditures are exemptions, credits, and deductions. They cost $1.4 trillion a year. The only tax expenditure which has actually been proven to increase productivity is the EITC. All other tax expenditures negatively impact growth and productivity. For instance, the mortgage interest deduction adds 27 percent to the cost of your house while making lenders fabulously rich. That's why special interests spend over $100 million a year lobbying our politicians to keep tax expenditures alive.

Without tax expenditures, entities and people earning identical incomes would pay identical taxes.

"That's crazy talk!"

2. Partly agree with your SS fix, we need to raise the early retirement age from 62 to 65, 70 is way too old to keep working.
When Social Security was invented, the average lifespan was 60 years. Only 5.4 percent of the population was over 65. SS was intended for outliers who beat the odds, not for everyone.

Today, the over 65 population is TRIPLE the percentage of our population that it was in 1935. This is an unsustainable trend.

We are living longer, we should be working longer. Common sense.

4. When I hear the "Fair Tax" I hear Mike Huckabee's "Flat Tax". The democrats would go nuts if we all paid the same tax rate as the billionaires. Taxes on consumption sound like a "value added" tax to me, but I'm not sure what you mean. I know there is a subtle difference between a Sales Tax and a VAT.
The Fair Tax is not the same as the flat tax. The flat tax is an income tax. Income taxes punish productivity. Consumption taxes like the Fair Tax are superior to taxes on production.

Just as an aside, when Ted Cruz was campaigning in 2016 and said his flat tax would abolish the IRS, he was blatantly lying. The flat tax is an income tax, so how would you abolish the IRS?

Cruz was counting on the ignorance of the rubes not to catch on.

Forum List

Back