Will Obama pardon Hillary?

You're predictions don't carry a whole lot of weight around here.....McMullin apologist.
With the far right, I am sure. But you guys don't count much at all.
We just elected a President, fool...
My question is, if obama was to pardon hrc, would he need to pardon her for a specific charge? Or could he issue a blanket pardon?
We have already answered that. Look above. If you think Trump is going to shrink govt, collect less taxes, and give the middle class a break, you are the fool.
And what is your boy Evan McMullin going to do to give the middle class a break?

On a side note.
You're the last person on this forum that has moral authority to call someone a fool.

You keep saying you speak for the entire board, Jake. You mean that's a lie?
You lie when you put words in my mouth that I never said. That is what you do, kaz. So, yes, you lie.

My question is, if obama was to pardon hrc, would he need to pardon her for a specific charge? Or could he issue a blanket pardon?
We have already answered that. Look above. If you think Trump is going to shrink govt, collect less taxes, and give the middle class a break, you are the fool.
And what is your boy Evan McMullin going to do to give the middle class a break?

On a side note.
You're the last person on this forum that has moral authority to call someone a fool.

You lie when you put words in my mouth that I never said. That is what you do, kaz. So, yes, you lie.

Bull shit. You repeatedly respond to my posts informing me you speak for everyone on the board. Grow a pair, Nancy

On a side note.

Bull shit. You repeatedly respond to my posts informing me you speak for everyone on the board. Grow a pair, Nancy
See, you lie again. But you are a sure entertainment on the Board, indeed. :lol:

Good night, kaz.

On a side note.

You called me immoral, and that was a lie.
So you lie to.

On a side note.

See, you lie again. But you are a sure entertainment on the Board, indeed. :lol:

Good night, kaz.

OK, Fakey, so you explain then who all the people you keep claiming to speak for are when you say explain to "us" and "we" are. Name all these people you are speaking for.

Just so you know, my answer is your limp dick that shows you know you're a useless piece of shit who views life through the bottom of your bottle and no one respects, even the liberals that you continually blow

On a side note.

So you lie to.

You know how a woman going down on a man is known as a "Monica?"

A man going down on Hillary is known as a "Jake"

On a side note.

So you lie to.

Come on man, keep it above belt

Hadit, there is nothing to leave aside, the issue being quite clear what are the powers and extent of them.

Obama will do it just to end the investigations.

Everyone would plead the 5th and smile at the committee chair persons.

The public would grow very tired of it very quickly.
A pardon would remove the criminal consequences of an action, and that would effectively remove the constitutional protection against self incrimination, so those pardoned could be compelled to testify under threat of contempt of court. The purpose of the investigation would then be to uncover the extent of a criminal conspiracy between the Justice Department, the State Department and the WH with the Clinton campaign to cover up crimes committed concerning the secret, private email server and Clinton's other possibly illegal machinations at the State Department and after.

It is unclear how many indictments of people lower down it might produce, and it would probably not be as much of a page turner as the Starr report, but it would hold the public's interest for some time and produce a ton of baggage Democratic candidates would have to carry in two years, four years, six years and perhaps even in eight years.
A pardon for one person does not remove the 5th Amendment protection for anyone else. I hope you did not go to law school.
A pardon for Hillary would remove he fifth amendment protection against self incrimination, and she could then be compelled to testify under oath. If she lied, she could be prosecuted for perjury and if she refused to testify, she could be jailed for contempt of court. Similarly for Comey, Lynch, etc.
A pardon means she can tell you to go fuck yourself
She can do that without a pardon, but a pardon removes any criminal consequences from specified previous acts and that means you cannot refuse to testify as a material witness on the grounds it might incriminate you, so if you refuse to testify, you can be jailed for contempt of court and if you lie you can be prosecuted for perjury. This fact would allow a prosecutor to compel Clinton, Comey, Lynch and even Obama - and probably others - to reveal under oath the full extent of their conspiracy to conceal evidence and cover up possibly criminal actions for the purpose of trying to influence this election.
You seem to be in some bizarre loop

You are asking her to testify on things she has already received a pardon for. You are investigating someone for something she is already off the hook for.
It is not like she is being given a pardon in exchange for testimony

On a side note.

So you lie to.

Come on man, keep it above belt

Good one ...

No...Obama can't pardon Hillary! She hasn't been charged with anything! You guys are all wrong! You have no idea what you are talking about!

(Sarcasm)
The White House isn’t ruling out the possibility of Hillary Clinton receiving a last-minute pardon from President Obama — even though she hasn’t been charged with a crime.

Asked at Wednesday’s press briefing whether Obama had considered utilizing his unique executive power, press secretary Josh Earnest was cryptic.

“The president has offered clemency to a substantial number of Americans who were previously serving time in federal prisons,” Earnest said.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/09/white-house-open-to-a-clinton-pardon/

I know you all hate it, but HRC is never going to be tried and will never be subject to committee, deposition, or grand jury questions again.
You apparently didn't get the memo that a federal grand jury has already been convened in New York.

A pardon would remove the criminal consequences of an action, and that would effectively remove the constitutional protection against self incrimination, so those pardoned could be compelled to testify under threat of contempt of court. The purpose of the investigation would then be to uncover the extent of a criminal conspiracy between the Justice Department, the State Department and the WH with the Clinton campaign to cover up crimes committed concerning the secret, private email server and Clinton's other possibly illegal machinations at the State Department and after.

It is unclear how many indictments of people lower down it might produce, and it would probably not be as much of a page turner as the Starr report, but it would hold the public's interest for some time and produce a ton of baggage Democratic candidates would have to carry in two years, four years, six years and perhaps even in eight years.
A pardon for one person does not remove the 5th Amendment protection for anyone else. I hope you did not go to law school.
A pardon for Hillary would remove he fifth amendment protection against self incrimination, and she could then be compelled to testify under oath. If she lied, she could be prosecuted for perjury and if she refused to testify, she could be jailed for contempt of court. Similarly for Comey, Lynch, etc.
She can do that without a pardon, but a pardon removes any criminal consequences from specified previous acts and that means you cannot refuse to testify as a material witness on the grounds it might incriminate you, so if you refuse to testify, you can be jailed for contempt of court and if you lie you can be prosecuted for perjury. This fact would allow a prosecutor to compel Clinton, Comey, Lynch and even Obama - and probably others - to reveal under oath the full extent of their conspiracy to conceal evidence and cover up possibly criminal actions for the purpose of trying to influence this election.

You are asking her to testify on things she has already received a pardon for. You are investigating someone for something she is already off the hook for.
You still don't get it. If President Trump does appoint a special prosecutor it will be to investigate possible criminal activity that led to the corruption of the Obama Justice Department, State Department and WH for the purpose of influencing this election, not to target Clinton specifically. Anyone can be called as a witness in such an investigation if there is reason to believe he or she might have relevant information, and since she cannot be charged for actions that have been pardoned she can't refuse to testify on the grounds such testimony might incriminate her. While a pardon would protect her from being prosecuted for certain past acts, if she refuses to testify or lies under oath, these would be crimes not covered by the pardon and for which she can be prosecuted.

You still don't get it. If President Trump does appoint a special prosecutor it will be to investigate possible criminal activity that led to the corruption of the Obama Justice Department, State Department and WH for the purpose of influencing this election, not to target Clinton specifically. Anyone can be called as a witness in such an investigation if there is reason to believe he or she might have relevant information, and since she cannot be charged for actions that have been pardoned she can't refuse to testify on the grounds such testimony might incriminate her. While a pardon would protect her from being prosecuted for certain past acts, if she refuses to testify or lies under oath, these would be crimes not covered by the pardon and for which she can be prosecuted.

He pardons her... so she gets called to testify? She gets up there and pleads the 5th. She can't lie if she pleads the 5th.

He pardons her... so she gets called to testify? She gets up there and pleads the 5th. She can't lie if she pleads the 5th.
The fifth affords protection against self incrimination, but since she has been pardoned there is no possibility of incriminating herself so she can't plead the fifth. If she tries to, she can be jailed for contempt of court.

The fifth affords protection against self incrimination, but since she has been pardoned there is no possibility of incriminating herself so she can't plead the fifth. If she tries to, she can be jailed for contempt of court.

No, because as you said, she could still be indicted for perjury if she were to lie... so therefore she could still plead the 5th. Pleading the 5th is a right afforded by the Constitution.

No, because as you said, she could still be indicted for perjury if she were to lie... so therefore she could still plead the 5th. Pleading the 5th is a right afforded by the Constitution.
lol She can only be indicted for perjury if she decides to lie under oath but that would not be the case if she tells the truth. Once she lies and is charged with perjury, she can plead the fifth for that charge, but not for questions about actions for which she received a pardon.

lol She can only be indicted for perjury if she decides to lie under oath but that would not be the case if she tells the truth. Once she lies and is charged with perjury, she can plead the fifth for that charge, but not for questions about actions for which she received a pardon.

If she pleads the 5th, then she doesn't have to worry about telling a lie. We all know that when she opens her mouth it is usually going to be a lie, so why would she do anything BUT plead the 5th?

If she pleads the 5th, then she doesn't have to worry about telling a lie. We all know that when she opens her mouth it is usually going to be a lie, so why would she do anything BUT plead the 5th?
She can't plead the fifth for anything for which she has received a pardon because there is no possibility such testimony can lead to self incrimination, however, she can plead the fifth for anything not covered by the pardon unless the prosecutor decides to grant her immunity from prosecution for that particular act.

Why are you so avid to stop an investigation into corruption in government?

Forum List

Back