Will Obama pardon Hillary?

Fakey you haven't been right about a damn thing this year, go take a nap.
oky, thank you for admitting that you have no idea about this. Here you go.

"In 1866, the Supreme Court ruled in Ex parte Garland that the pardon power "extends to every offence known to the law, and may be exercised at any time after its commission, either before legal proceedings are taken, or during their pendency, or after conviction and judgment." (In that case, a former Confederate senator successfully petitioned the court to uphold a pardon that prevented him from being disbarred.) Generally speaking, once an act has been committed, the president can issue a pardon at any time—regardless of whether charges have even been filed."

Can President Bush pardon people who haven't even been charged with a crime?

Clinton is finished. Obama will see what he can get in return for a pardon or not from the GOP leadership.

So another example of where the court got it wrong. Under our system you are innocent until proven guilty in a court. The innocent can't be pardoned because there is nothing to pardon. At this point they aren't even contemplating charges.
I know how you feelz, but what counts is what is reelz.

Obama can issue a blanket pardon to Clinton if he so wishes, and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

And who would pardon him? He has consistently proclaimed she did nothing wrong, a pardon would be proof of his complicity.

It's very telling of the intelligence of some on this board that they automatically tell someone they are full of shit about something when they have no clue whether it is true or not, then they move on to the next step... deflection... and finally on to denial. The idea that Obama can pardon Hillary has been talked about on this board numerous times, and it's always the same thing. The Trump supporters tell you that you are full of shit, it can't be done, despite them not even being knowledgeable about the process. Then what? Oh no! Grand Wizard Trump will change the rules! He'll make it so pardons don't work anymore! Yep... you keep telling yourself that.

Hillary deserves to be in jail... but I'm not going to be stupid and try to rationalize out a process that makes it happen that isn't possible. That kind of reasoning is why we have Trump as POTUS. And just like I mentioned in another thread? Instead of building a cabinet of great people around him... he is about to reward all his buddies with positions, including his plan to allow a person who holds a high place in private finance to become the Sec. of the Treasury, which is highly unethical.

Will he pardon her for a fart?

Maybe as long as it was not on his face...

As for anything else, no...

I'm fine with Trump pardoning hiLIARy on the condition that the Clinton Foundation is shut down and any remaining funds are either returned to the donors, or directed to a real charity selected by the Trump Administration.

Let's move beyond the unseemly Clinton era and focus on undoing Obama and hiLIARy's damage to our country.

Yeah imagine the size of the Trump painting they could have made with all the Clinton Foundation funds! He could paint his portrait on the side of the Empire State building. Besides he also needs some additional funding for his Trump University lawsuits.

"In 1866, the Supreme Court ruled in Ex parte Garland that the pardon power "extends to every offence known to the law, and may be exercised at any time after its commission, either before legal proceedings are taken, or during their pendency, or after conviction and judgment." (In that case, a former Confederate senator successfully petitioned the court to uphold a pardon that prevented him from being disbarred.) Generally speaking, once an act has been committed, the president can issue a pardon at any time—regardless of whether charges have even been filed."

Clinton is finished. Obama will see what he can get in return for a pardon or not from the GOP leadership.

So another example of where the court got it wrong. Under our system you are innocent until proven guilty in a court. The innocent can't be pardoned because there is nothing to pardon. At this point they aren't even contemplating charges.

Obama can issue a blanket pardon to Clinton if he so wishes, and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

And who would pardon him? He has consistently proclaimed she did nothing wrong, a pardon would be proof of his complicity.
I am sure Trump will pardon Obama on T's second day of office.

You're predictions don't carry a whole lot of weight around here.....McMullin apologist.

Pardon her for what, she hasn't been charged with anything.

Ford pardoned Nixon before he was charged with anything

You're assuming I agreed with that, like fakey, your assumptions have been consistently WRONG.
Um . . . SCOTUS says it's OK, and if I am right, okietexas, SCOTUS does not consult with you.

amirite?

SCOTUS will be going through a major make over, many of the powers the feds have confiscated may go away.

You're predictions don't carry a whole lot of weight around here.....McMullin apologist.
With the far right, I am sure. But you guys don't count much at all.

You're assuming I agreed with that, like fakey, your assumptions have been consistently WRONG.
Um . . . SCOTUS says it's OK, and if I am right, okietexas, SCOTUS does not consult with you.

amirite?

SCOTUS will be going through a major make over, many of the powers the feds have confiscated may go away.
Trump is not going to nominate jurists that you like.

Last edited:

amirite?

Trump is not going nominate jusrists that you like.
and your predictions don't mean squat.

I'm fine with Trump pardoning hiLIARy on the condition that the Clinton Foundation is shut down and any remaining funds are either returned to the donors, or directed to a real charity selected by the Trump Administration.

Let's move beyond the unseemly Clinton era and focus on undoing Obama and hiLIARy's damage to our country.

Yeah imagine the size of the Trump painting they could have made with all the Clinton Foundation funds! He could paint his portrait on the side of the Empire State building. Besides he also needs some additional funding for his Trump University lawsuits.

^^^ SoreLoserWymmens Whinger ^^^

With the far right, I am sure. But you guys don't count much at all.
We just elected a President, fool...
My question is, if obama was to pardon hrc, would he need to pardon her for a specific charge? Or could he issue a blanket pardon?

I say the foundation investigation continues until he's out of office and can't pardon anyone, then start indicting.

^^^ SoreLoserWymmens Whinger ^^^

No... just saying it like it is. Trump is a crook, who just trolled a large part of the country. Once again, you nut job extremist on both sides can't defend your candidate so instead you just call anyone that defies your beliefs as the other side.

Forum List

Back