Will obama grant a pardon to Bergdahl?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Obozo will catch heat if he does this, but it will get him out of this mess he created. What an incompetent idiot he is.

A pardon for Bowe Bergdahl? | Power Line

JUNE 8, 2014

When Bowe Bergdahl was first released, the administration’s line seemed to be that he had suffered enough as a Taliban prisoner, and thus that the U.S. would not likely punish him as a deserter even if that’s what he turned out to be. But as the deal came in for strong criticism and evidence mounted as to Bergdahl’s betrayal, the line changed.

We were assured by the military that Bergdahl’s conduct would be investigated and, if misconduct were found, he would be subject to the military justice system. In the meantime, we should withhold judgment.

But Bill Otis predicts that, regardless of the facts (which so far point unambiguously to the conclusion that Bergdahl deserted), Bergdahl will never face a military trial because President Obama will pardon him. Bill, who worked on presidential pardons in the last days of the Bush 41 administration, has even drafted a statement to accompany the pardon (see below). It’s written in perfect Obamaese, which should worry those of us who are close to Bill.

I tend to agree with Bill’s prediction, though. The advantages to Obama of pardoning Bergdahl seem overwhelming. With no court martial, there will be no investigation into Bergdahl’s conduct which, in addition to desertion, may include collaboration with the Taliban whom he sought out so earnestly after abandoning his unit. And there will be no investigation into the causal link between Bergdahl’s walkabout and the deaths of American soldiers who went looking for him.

Finally, and crucially, by short-circuiting an investigation, Obama will likely prevent us from learning how much he knew (or should have known) about Bergdahl’s conduct and its impact on American lives before he decided to release five Taliban commanders in exchange for the deserter.

• Banned
A pardon? Great idea, anything to make this kid just go away.

It will turn the military against obozo. They don't like it when deserters get pardons just to help a politician out of a mess he made for himself.

A pardon? Great idea, anything to make this kid just go away.

It will turn the military against obozo. They don't like it when deserters get pardons just to help a politician out of a mess he made for himself.

As if the opinions of the cannon fodder matters. What are they going to do, quit, walk off the job? Look at what happens when you do eh...

Wow. The tards of the echo chamber have tried and convicted Bergdahl , and now they are talking pardon as if their conviction of him was a real thing.

Holy shit, you people crack me up.

Have we reached 100 threads on Bergdahl yet? I stopped counting at 88.

Wow. The tards of the echo chamber have tried and convicted Bergdahl , and now they are talking pardon as if their conviction of him was a real thing.

Have you ever made a fucking point in this Board?

I think the Liar President will follow his usual pattern.

He will have his flunkies...and yes he has flunkies in the Military---its not corrupted yet as bad as the Justice Department and Homeland Security, and of course the IRS and Veterans Adm...and the EPA---but it on the way. Generals like promotions too.

So, it will get slow- played, like everything else, Stonewalled....for months until Harrry Reid can come out on the Senate Floor and talk about how it is all yesterdays news and a ginned up scandal by the Kock brothers...and dismiss it forever.

The Berghdall Investigation will go nowhere during the remainder of the term of this Liar President, because anything else would be an embarrassment to him and his glorified Chicago Mobster Administration.

Have you ever made a fucking point in this Board?

With every post. Sadly for you, they are way too far above your ken.

A military court of justice costs money.....eliminated due to "tax cuts".

huh?

Tax cuts?

Uh....if you want to be sarcastic......try to make some sense...

Sequestration? Budget cuts? The party of NO?

But Tax cuts?

LMFAO.....clueless.

Obama will and he hasn't even got started yet. Wait until you see the garbage he is going to pardon. He will pardon Mumia Abul Jamal for sure. Oh, and he will let all the Gitmo detainee's free so they can go forth and kill Americans.

huh?

Tax cuts?

But Tax cuts?

LMFAO.....clueless.

Yes, tax cuts. High license, public record, and user fees; along with assessments, sales, fuel, and "misc." taxes. But lower income taxes. If you count up what government costs you pay for, the increases exceed the income tax savings for many.

huh?

Tax cuts?

But Tax cuts?

LMFAO.....clueless.

Yes, tax cuts. High license, public record, and user fees; along with assessments, sales, fuel, and "misc." taxes. But lower income taxes. If you count up what government costs you pay for, the increases exceed the income tax savings for many.

Nice kick save.

If it were me?

I would have said..."you are correct. I meant sequestration"

But nice kick save non the less.

Obama will and he hasn't even got started yet. Wait until you see the garbage he is going to pardon. He will pardon Mumia Abul Jamal for sure. Oh, and he will let all the Gitmo detainee's free so they can go forth and kill Americans.

Well, if we pull out of Afghan and/or negotiate a deal with the Taliban, we will have to let those who have not planned terror attacks on American soil go. You cannot detain a person because you suspect he may decide to commit a crime.

Forum List

Back