will history repeat itself,,,"BIDEN DROPS OUT" scandal ensues,,,

You're gonna get your thread locked again. While you have posted an article (although one from 32 years ago), you haven't stated why you think an old article will explain why Biden is going to drop out this election.

Can you at least get something from this decade? 32 years, and a lot can change in a person's life. Back in 1987, I was on shore duty in Memphis, just started my second enlistment, and now I'm retired from the Navy, and have been for over 15 years.

You're gonna get your thread locked again. While you have posted an article (although one from 32 years ago), you haven't stated why you think an old article will explain why Biden is going to drop out this election.

Can you at least get something from this decade? 32 years, and a lot can change in a person's life. Back in 1987, I was on shore duty in Memphis, just started my second enlistment, and now I'm retired from the Navy, and have been for over 15 years.
but I did explain what I thought,,,

back then it was because of his behavior and today it still haunts him

this man has been in the halls of congress since his birth through his father and is the poster child for career politician,,,

and needs to go away

It IS pretty funny though that somebody else just posted "current" news dated from 1987 noting that Gary Hart dropped out.

Reading is a lost art.

1987 --- let's see, that was before I moved to SoCal, before I lived in New England, before I lived in New Orleans... Reagan was POTUS, a loaf of bread was about a dollar and a quarter. I was in my 30s and a veritable sex machine ---- okay well some things don't change I guess.

Last edited:

It IS pretty funny though that somebody else just posted "current" news dated from 1987 noting that Gary Hart dropped out.

Reading is a lost art.
they posted it as a stand alone and it lead it to believe it was current,,,IMO

this man has been in the halls of congress since his birth through his father and is the poster child for career politician,,,

and needs to go away

Saying the Biden of 1987 is the same as the Biden of 2019 isn't true.

and needs to go away

true,,,but its most likely worse now,,,

and needs to go away

true,,,but its most likely worse now,,,

Conjecture on your part, because you don't know.

And, like I said before, 1987 was a LONG time ago. During that time, I was an E-4, married, and working at PSD Millington TN, and it was just the beginning of my second enlistment. Since then? I've gotten divorced, retired from the Navy, and been to many different places (26 different countries, and 49 different states). Nobody that I know of is the same as they were back in 1987.

OF COURSE THIS IS OLD NEWS BUT THE REASONS COULD BE THE SAME IF HE DOES DROP OUT,,,

BIDEN WITHDRAWS BID FOR PRESIDENT IN WAKE OF FUROR

As I recall, wasn't Biden touted as a possible maybe in 2016 for a while until finally he squashed the story by saying absolutely not? Joe's not dumb, being a Congressman is EASY. Being VP was EASY. Actually being PRESIDENT is a BITCH of a job with the weight of the world on your shoulders.

Reading is a lost art.

1987 --- let's see, that was before I moved to SoCal, before I lived in New England, before I lived in New Orleans... Reagan was POTUS, a loaf of bread was about a dollar and a quarter. I was in my 30s and a veritable sex machine ---- okay well some things don't change I guess.

lol. That was me that posted that thread and I apologize for posting the 1987 headline thinking it was recent. Makes me laugh though, because Biden bowed out in 1987 because of what he called, exaggerated "shadows" of his mistakes.

Reading is a lost art.

lol. That was me that posted that thread and I apologize for posting the 1987 headline thinking it was recent. Makes me laugh though, because Biden bowed out in 1987 because of what he called, exaggerated "shadows" of his mistakes.

It was an understandable and honorable mistake, Ram. We are all human. Particularly in light of the fact that he was touted as a possible candidate a few years ago then in 2015 or 16 and eventually dropped out again. And if he is really in the running now, I think he'll drop out a THIRD time. Joe doesn't want to actually WORK and have real RESPONSIBILITY at his ripe age!

OF COURSE THIS IS OLD NEWS BUT THE REASONS COULD BE THE SAME IF HE DOES DROP OUT,,,

I'm on the fence about Biden. I don't like or can't stand his politics but he has had one of the most tragic lives any person could have.

A spouse and parents nightmare times 3. I have known some touchy type of people who were not perverts. So not sure if he is even aware of how it looks.

I also think he should have left politics after his tragic losses.

Skip to .36 in video to get to topic.

It wasn't his, it was mine, and if Biden had a problem with his mistakes being exposed back then how many more might be problematic after 32 more years?
Want to start with China collusion?

...the Chinese government was literally funding a business that it co-owned along with the sons of two of America’s most powerful decision makers.
https://nypost.com/2018/03/15/inside-the-shady-private-equity-firm-run-by-kerry-and-bidens-kids/

Reading is a lost art.

It fooled me.:confused-84:

I'm on the fence about Biden. I don't like or can't stand his politics but he has had one of the most tragic lives any person could have.

A spouse and parents nightmare times 3. I have known some touchy type of people who were not perverts. So not sure if he is even aware of how it looks.

to bring emotions into politics is dangerous and usually ends up bad

to bring emotions into politics is dangerous and usually ends up bad

Emotion is the whole point of the topic, although bad emotion,lol.

I think I mentioned he should have left politics long ago.

Reading is a lost art.

It was an understandable and honorable mistake, Ram. We are all human. Particularly in light of the fact that he was touted as a possible candidate a few years ago then in 2015 or 16 and eventually dropped out again. And if he is really in the running now, I think he'll drop out a THIRD time. Joe doesn't want to actually WORK and have real RESPONSIBILITY at his ripe age!

It certainly has parallels to the present, and kudos to girl-meets-boy for her owning up to the error. But it still points up another incident of an OP linking an article without even reading it first. I can't even imagine doing that.

Forum List

Back