Will delayed medicine deliveries affect Donald Trump in the general election

Will Donald Trump's mail delays affect him negatively?

• Total voters
No. Medicine delivery has been unaffected. I worry more that the carrier will dump mail that he or she is tired of delivering.

My mail carrier hasn't picked up mail in several weeks. I live in Florida and it's been raining every day late afternoon when he comes. Still, it's butt lazy that he won't pick it up at all. I've had to drive to drop off my mail at the post office a half a dozen times over the last month or so.

And they want $25 billion? Screw them
You're lying about your mail carrier.
That's a made-up story.

Our mail service is terrible as well. When I complain to our local post office, they tell me they'll tell the mail carrier about it. Gee thanks. That's like complaining to the restaurant that the food was terrible, and them telling the cook who knows you come there every day.

Every mail box on my property is lettered. If my tenants don't letter the damn thing, I make sure I do. How is it they still get my mail and I still get theirs? Our regular carrier must be on vacation or something. So I'm in the back yard and the mail clown is asking me If he's at the right address? Look dummy, since this isn't your route, why don't you go through the front yard in front of the building where the address is, instead of cutting through the back where there are no addresses????
sounds like you dont have a regular carrier.....

It shouldn't matter. Just match the names on the envelops to the name on the mail boxes. I can teach an 8 year old how to do that.

This thread got away from the OP, huh? Turns out the post office sucking is way worse than he dreamed. And we should pay them $25 billion MORE for the shitty job they do?

You're going to get worthless people on any job. We've all worked with idiots. My issue is the supervisors care less so it seems. One time this lady started an argument with me. I'm trying to tell her that the rear building is on the same address and he's putting that mail in my box. She suggested that maybe he didn't see the house. Didn't see the house? IT'S 50' FROM THE MAILBOX HE'S PUTTING THE MAIL IN!!!!

Then I asked her if they let this guy cross the street by himself. I mean.....if he can't see a house 50' away from him, HTF does he see a car coming?

It's the thing with all government jobs. There are good mailmen, good teachers, good workers at the DMV. The problem is there's no consequence if they don't care and don't do their jobs. It's up to them whether to care or not, and they don't benefit professionally if they do. It's union everyone is treated the same

I read up on this and what I found is that the PO has been suffering since 2002. It's modern technology like Fax, email, text, and various video chat services, the most common one today being Zoom.

The PO is just one more victim of technology. Brick and mortar stores closing up, ticket outlets that strictly sold tickets for concerts and shows, Blockbuster and other video rental places, record stores that later converted to CD stores, and then out of business because you can buy your favorite recording online, download it, and play it on various devices.

So it's not just pensions from what I read. I'm old fashioned and insist I get all my bills snail mail. However most people get their bills via email, and of course, pay them online. 20 years ago, you got your bills like I still do today, write them a check, and snail mail it right back.

So even if we forked out this money, it's only a temporary solution. It's only going to get worse for them before it gets better. Here, Tuesday is junk mail day. You get dozens of solicitations and coupon sheets to shop at various nearby stores. People are getting their junk mail stopped and now getting their offers from the stores they deal with via email. Junk mail is a huge part of their income.

An organization that calls itself "the national letter carriers association" reports (to ABC news) that "many recipients" (of the 1.2 billion) claim a delay in their prescription delivery. Is this a legitimate story or just another political attack on the President?

An organization that calls itself "the national letter carriers association" reports (to ABC news) that "many recipients" (of the 1.2 billion) claim a delay in their prescription delivery. Is this a legitimate story or just another political attack on the President?

It is not a real story.

The real story is the mail-in madness that democrats have added to their platform.

No. Medicine delivery has been unaffected. I worry more that the carrier will dump mail that he or she is tired of delivering.

My mail carrier hasn't picked up mail in several weeks. I live in Florida and it's been raining every day late afternoon when he comes. Still, it's butt lazy that he won't pick it up at all. I've had to drive to drop off my mail at the post office a half a dozen times over the last month or so.

That's a made-up story.

Our mail service is terrible as well. When I complain to our local post office, they tell me they'll tell the mail carrier about it. Gee thanks. That's like complaining to the restaurant that the food was terrible, and them telling the cook who knows you come there every day.

Every mail box on my property is lettered. If my tenants don't letter the damn thing, I make sure I do. How is it they still get my mail and I still get theirs? Our regular carrier must be on vacation or something. So I'm in the back yard and the mail clown is asking me If he's at the right address? Look dummy, since this isn't your route, why don't you go through the front yard in front of the building where the address is, instead of cutting through the back where there are no addresses????

It shouldn't matter. Just match the names on the envelops to the name on the mail boxes. I can teach an 8 year old how to do that.

This thread got away from the OP, huh? Turns out the post office sucking is way worse than he dreamed. And we should pay them $25 billion MORE for the shitty job they do?

You're going to get worthless people on any job. We've all worked with idiots. My issue is the supervisors care less so it seems. One time this lady started an argument with me. I'm trying to tell her that the rear building is on the same address and he's putting that mail in my box. She suggested that maybe he didn't see the house. Didn't see the house? IT'S 50' FROM THE MAILBOX HE'S PUTTING THE MAIL IN!!!!

Then I asked her if they let this guy cross the street by himself. I mean.....if he can't see a house 50' away from him, HTF does he see a car coming?

It's the thing with all government jobs. There are good mailmen, good teachers, good workers at the DMV. The problem is there's no consequence if they don't care and don't do their jobs. It's up to them whether to care or not, and they don't benefit professionally if they do. It's union everyone is treated the same

I read up on this and what I found is that the PO has been suffering since 2002. It's modern technology like Fax, email, text, and various video chat services, the most common one today being Zoom.

The PO is just one more victim of technology. Brick and mortar stores closing up, ticket outlets that strictly sold tickets for concerts and shows, Blockbuster and other video rental places, record stores that later converted to CD stores, and then out of business because you can buy your favorite recording online, download it, and play it on various devices.

So it's not just pensions from what I read. I'm old fashioned and insist I get all my bills snail mail. However most people get their bills via email, and of course, pay them online. 20 years ago, you got your bills like I still do today, write them a check, and snail mail it right back.

So even if we forked out this money, it's only a temporary solution. It's only going to get worse for them before it gets better. Here, Tuesday is junk mail day. You get dozens of solicitations and coupon sheets to shop at various nearby stores. People are getting their junk mail stopped and now getting their offers from the stores they deal with via email. Junk mail is a huge part of their income.

I'm the opposite. I get very little mail anymore by volume. I do everything by online. I have most bills charged to my credit card other than the few I can't do that for and I pay those by auto-pay. Not that I don't get or send mail, but the volume is very low compared what it used to be. And you're right, that's an issue. But the post office has to adapt. I wouldn't object to every other day mail as long as they are clear about and honor the schedule they give me

That's a made-up story.

its also considered to be a very effective way to advertise....the biggest complaint i used to get on my route was someone not getting the weekly advo with all the local grocery ads in them....

That's a made-up story.

I'm the opposite. I get very little mail anymore by volume. I do everything by online. I have most bills charged to my credit card other than the few I can't do that for and I pay those by auto-pay. Not that I don't get or send mail, but the volume is very low compared what it used to be. And you're right, that's an issue. But the post office has to adapt. I wouldn't object to every other day mail as long as they are clear about and honor the schedule they give me
the PO would like to adapt....congress has to get out of the way for that to happen..........

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Obviously it's another attack on the president.

That's a made-up story.

I agree. I suggested every other day mail myself several months ago, but somebody chimed in and said that would be too burdensome on the carriers.

The Democrats are trying to fund something that's going out of style once again. Mail carriers are union, and their union likely contributes big bucks to the Democrats come election time. So the Democrats want to make it so they don't have to adapt.

When the US auto companies started to have major problems, they worked with their union to bring down the starting scales for auto workers. The tenured workers got what they were promised, but the UAW realized if they kept pushing the limit, it would be disastrous for them in the end. More and more American consumers would do what I did years ago, and became a Japanese car consumer.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

An attempted political attack on the President. Let's face in, nothing is ever the Democrats fault. Name me the last time the government was shutdown because of Democrats. Never. If it's a Republican House and a Democrat President, the MSM blames the Republican House. If it's a Democrat House and a Republican President, the MSM blames the Republican President.

Several weeks ago McConnell said he would meet the Democrats at 10 billion for the post office. The Democrats (like always) said it's their way or no way at all.

thats the NALC the national association of letter carriers.....its the Union they may be just a tad biased.....

the USPS does not need to deliver medicines UPS and Fed-Ex does that already.

I don't know why anybody needs their medications delivered in the first place. I take a ton of medications. When I need them, I call my drug store, order them, and pick them up later.
I believe the drug stores have meds delivered using UPS and Fed-Ex to their stores. and the drug stores some of them will deliver to the persons home

they didnt request the $$$---prune face pelosi wants to give it to them---even though the post office has been losing $$$,,,even under BARRAGs admin.

the USPS does not need to deliver medicines UPS and Fed-Ex does that already.

I don't know why anybody needs their medications delivered in the first place. I take a ton of medications. When I need them, I call my drug store, order them, and pick them up later.
I believe the drug stores have meds delivered using UPS and Fed-Ex to their stores. and the drug stores some of them will deliver to the persons home

Understood, but if people are having problems with mail drug service, they should remedy the problem themselves instead of crying about the government doing it for them.

In my case I can only buy my insulin at Walmart or Sam's, which is basically the same company. Some of the time they run out and you can't get it there. So I make sure I get to those two stores (they have a four vial limit so I get four at each store) long before I run out. That way if they are out, I can go there a few days later to get it and not have to worry about buying it anyplace else

Walmart made a dirty deal with the insulin producers. They give Walmart and Sam's a huge discount so I can purchase each vial for $24.99. To recoup that lost profit, the raised it to the roof on every other drug store. A vial of insulin in other places is $65.00 to $85.00 a vial or higher. I have no coverage, so I pay cash for all my medications. If people are solely depending on the USPS to get their medications, they should make sure they order them well ahead of time and not waiting until the very last day to hopefully get them.

As widely reported, people waiting for insulin, cholesterol, and other important drugs in the mail have not received them on time due to Donald Trump's attempt to undermine the post office because he doesn't want mail voting to be successful

Some of them, as in the case of this nurse/veteran with chronic back pain, have already experienced withdrawals due to these delays:

“I was jittery. I was anxious. I wasn’t able to concentrate. I was pacing. I was feeling nauseous. I was sweating. It was all the symptoms,” Stowe said of last month’s experience. “I mean, I’ve never taken heroin, but I’ve taken care of drug addicts. Now I know what it feels like.”

Will these delays caused by Donald Trump have a negative effect on Trump's vote share in the November elections?

So how many threads are you going to start on these same lies? This is at least the second.

BTW it sound like the nurse you quoted in the OP needs rehab more than she needs more pills.

Forum List

Back