Will Congress ever learn?

OKTexas

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2012
Near Magnolia, TX
I was reading through the Toomey-Manchin bill (Public Safety and Second Amendment Rights Protection Act) and all the way to page 5 before I found provisions that the US Supreme Court already found unconstitutional in Maobamacare.

Penalties for non-compliance will withhold federal funds the States already receive under section 505 of the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968.

http://www.manchin.senate.gov/publi...555ff4889&SK=BDEA0DD2B0F4D93F905B5BC8DF6F76B6

The Supreme Court held that the feds cannot withhold current federal funds for a State refusing or failing to implement new mandates, coercion by the feds is a no no, yet they keep on trying. Your thoughts?

The Supreme Court held that the feds cannot withhold current federal funds for a State refusing or failing to implement new mandates, coercion by the feds is a no no, yet they keep on trying. Your thoughts?

I fail to see how that's true since Congress has the power to withhold federal funds from states who don't maintain a minimum alcohol consumption age of 21 or seat belt laws.

Forum List

Back