Will Aaron Judge pass Roger Maris for the Yankees single season Home Run record?

Will Judge break Maris single season Home Rub record?

• Yes

• No

• I wonder if I threw a Pineapple could he knock it out of the park?

• Bruce go back to trolling!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Remember Tommy Herr of the Red Birds?

That guy could knock the runs in and did it a lot of times without hitting the ball out of the park.

I have more respect for those that can drive the ball for a double and triple because then leg speed matters and those that work the count than those smacking the dingers…
tommy herr of the cardinals?....he averaged 60 rbi's a year....thats pretty avg....

True but the art of hitting for doubles and triples are a lost art form and working the count.
if you want to go there he hit 30 doubles 2x in his career avg 20 a year........and he averaged 3-4 triples a year....those are not great numbers for those....

Look at his walks and OBP along with all those numbers and stolen bases and he was a solid player that I rather have than someone that only smacks a dinger.
ok lets look at that.....he averaged 48 walks a season....mike trout avg 76 walks a season and even led the league3x.....herrs OBP was .347....trouts is .415 and he has led the league 4x.....herr avg 112 hits a season....trout is avg 128 hits a season....herr avg 52 runs a season ...trout is avg 87 runs a season and has led the league 4x ....herr 44 RBI a season ..trout avg 74 RBI a season.....herr 14 stolen bases a year ...trout 17 a year .....trout has hit 40 homers 2x....30 homers 7x....100 RBI 3x.....trout 3 MVP'S.....ill take the zinger trout.....

ok lets look at that.....he averaged 48 walks a season....mike trout avg 76 walks a season and even led the league3x.....herrs OBP was .347....trouts is .415 and he has led the league 4x.....herr avg 112 hits a season....trout is avg 128 hits a season....herr avg 52 runs a season ...trout is avg 87 runs a season and has led the league 4x ....herr 44 RBI a season ..trout avg 74 RBI a season.....herr 14 stolen bases a year ...trout 17 a year .....trout has hit 40 homers 2x....30 homers 7x....100 RBI 3x.....trout 3 MVP'S.....ill take the zinger trout.....
Trouts well behind Bonds, Bonds has 7 MVP's

i doubt he would have had those numbers at his age....you must be a bonds fan.....
I’m not a fan of his per se, I just have an issue with people who act above them and pretend like Bonds, McGwire, etc didn’t save the sport and bring some of the greatest moments in history.

It’s like those old petty HOF voters who wouldn’t put Pete Rose in the HOF. Those “grown men” acted like jealous teenagers

Even if Judge does it, it will still be a marvelous accomplishment for Maris to have held that record for 61 long years, with many non-juiced, top power-hitters unable to equal it. (David Ortiz, Jose Bautista, Cecil Fielder, Giancarlo Stanton, Ken Griffey, Jr, Willie Mays, Harmon Killebrew, Mickey Mantle, George Foster, Ryan Howard, etc)
Are you actually pretending that Ortiz was not a steroid user?

I’m not a fan of his per se, I just have an issue with people who act above them and pretend like Bonds, McGwire, etc didn’t save the sport and bring some of the greatest moments in history.

It’s like those old petty HOF voters who wouldn’t put Pete Rose in the HOF. Those “grown men” acted like jealous teenagers
they saved the sport UNTIL people found out they had a little help....then the attendance went down and still is down....maybe judge will help save it now....

they saved the sport UNTIL people found out they had a little help....then the attendance went down and still is down....maybe judge will help save it now....
Everyone loves a HR hitter

I jokingly and seriously would like to see each team get one guy who is allowed to juice out of his mind.. must see TV

Everyone loves a HR hitter

I jokingly and seriously would like to see each team get one guy who is allowed to juice out of his mind.. must see TV
Baseball is an era game that has records from its beginning. People talked about them. Who was better and taking into consideration the styles and how the ball was made throughout its history. With Football they may talk about a team who won in 1960 but the records of individuals must be put on the screen. Baseball changed its course during the steroid era. Records are not as important now.

Are you actually pretending that Ortiz was not a steroid user?
Didn't know if he was. I'm not always 100% clear on steroid users. Not my top topic. I'd rather concentrate on the NON-steroid users who really earned the records they set.
Do they check these guys today in 2022 ?

Jays walked him four times tonight. Two of them came around to score in a 5-2 loss.

One characteristic I despise to my core is cowardice. You can pick and choose your spots to avoid him, but every at bat when he is chasing history? Show a spine, they made the city of Toronto look even worse than it already is.

Jays walked him four times tonight. Two of them came around to score in a 5-2 loss.

One characteristic I despise to my core is cowardice. You can pick and choose your spots to avoid him, but every at bat when he is chasing history? Show a spine, they made the city of Toronto look even worse than it already is.
As of today, Judge has 105 walks in 667 plate appearances.
In 1923, Babe Ruth had 170 walks in 699 PAs.
In 1947, Ted Williams had 162 walks in 693 PAs.
When pitchers afraid to pitch to batters, they issue walks. Always been that way.

Babe Ruth had a very high 137 walks in 1928, which is really incredible, when you consider that the guy batting right behind him was Lou Gehrig, whose batting average that year was .374, had 142 RBIs, had a lifetime batting avg of .340, and had over 100 RBIs 13 years in a row. :omg:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back