Will A Government Shutdown Effect You Personally?

Will A Government Shutdown Effect You Personally

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Just curious as to how a Government Shutdown will effect you all personally. Will your lives change? What will you do during the Shutdown? Thanks.

Last edited:
They've been shut down for years.
Hopefully when they leave town this time, they'll stay the fuck away - forever.

DJIA 15,147.39 -110.85 -0.73%

are you being serious ?

the economy will come to a halt - everyone will be affected and already are.

something the Republicans have little regards for as exampled by the irresponsible Iraqi war leading into the Great Recession - history repeating itself, again.

are you being serious ?

something the Republicans have little regards for as exampled by the irresponsible Iraqi war leading into the Great Recession - history repeating itself, again.

Wall Street does what Wall Street does. That's Business as usual. I'm asking about you personally. How will it effect you personally? What will you do during the Shutdown?

Nope.. I will still go to work, pay my bills, be taxed like crazy, deal with my kids, battle this hospital that is not finding out what is wrong with my daughter, I will still have to do all the little things I have to do.. DEMs acting like the 'shutdown' will cause the sky to fall and people to drop like flies etc is ridiculous

Last edited:
Nope.. I will still go to work, pay my bills, be takes like crazy, deal with my kids, battle this hospital that is not finding out what is wrong with my daughter, I will still have to do all the little things I have to do.. DEMs acting like the 'shutdown' will cause the sky to fall and people to drop like flies etc is ridiculous

Thanks.

Hell. I'll still go to work, pay my own bills and try to mow the fucking lawn. LOL

Doubt a Govt shutdown will affect me at all especially since all needed services will keep running. The only fly in the ointment is the ACA that the Reps are trying to get put back for a year.

Hell. With all the waivers out there one can hardly see what difference a year will make. We are stuck with that POS and when costs go through the roof we can blame the Dems.

The Dems who totally ignored the will of the people and passed that POS because hey, they know whats best for you and you need to be a sheep and agree with em.

Just curious as to how a Government Shutdown will effect you all personally. Will your lives change? What will you do during the Shutdown? Thanks.

Yes, tomorrow we go to work for 4 hours and "Begin orderly shutdown operations". Basically we make sure all the lights are off. I'm pretty hopeful I can get a job doing electrical work for a little over half of what I make now, but my family will suffer.

Since I believe a lot of people will suffer thanks to obozocare I'm willing to make this sacrifice. The democrooks are being stubborn assholes, they're worse than undisciplined 2 year olds.

Probably in some way, but I am fully prepared to deal with it....:D

That's actually another interesting angle. So many like to laugh at so-called 'Preppers', but do they really deserve so much ridicule? They're prepared for the worst. Can that be said of most other Americans?

are you being serious ?

Wall Street does what Wall Street does. That's Business as usual. I'm asking about you personally. How will it effect you personally? What will you do during the Shutdown?

everyone will be affected and already are - something the Republicans have little regards for.

not everyone is content to live in a Box.

It effects everyone.

There are hundreds of thousands of Fed employees who will cease working, and every private business as a result will take a hit.

It's not exactly rocket science.

We will still get our Social Security and Pension checks.
I will pay the Bills tomorrow, go grocery shopping.
Even if the President plays dirty pool like he did with the sequester and shuts down Pension checks, we will still be fine.
It will not effect us at all.

are you being serious ?

everyone will be affected and already are - something the Republicans have little regards for.

not everyone is content to live in a Box.

Ok, I guess you're not gonna seriously engage in this conversation. Try laying off those DNC Talking Points. Be real.

We will still get our Social Security and Pension checks.
I will pay the Bills tomorrow, go grocery shopping.
Even if the President plays dirty pool like he did with the sequester and shuts down Pension checks, we will still be fine.
It will not effect us at all.

Thanks.

It effects everyone.

There are hundreds of thousands of Fed employees who will cease working, and every private business as a result will take a hit.

Do you know that those Fed employees will get back pay after Government opens back up again?

The only private business that will be effected is if they are contracted by the Government.
They also will get back pay.

It effects everyone.

Do you know that those Fed employees will get back pay after Government opens back up again?

The only private business that will be effected is if they are contracted by the Government.

Right, it doesn't effect small businesses (read: backbone of the economy) that the Fed Employees won't patron while they're not being paid.

In what world does that even make sense? I'm not sure.

It effects everyone.

Not entirely true. If it's under 14 days more than likely back pay will be provided. Much more than that, there's a chance it won't be. Some old timers have experienced both scenarios since the 80's.

Hopefully, we'll get more feedback on how it's gonna personally effect people here on this Board. I'm more interested in hearing about what they'll be doing during the Shutdown. I'm really not interested in either Party's Talking Points. Just looking for people to be real.

Forum List

Back