Wild Bison Nearly Mauls Woman Who Tried to Pet it

Yet it's never the stupid people in these incidents who are shot as that's how it should be. Why should the animals involved have to pay for their stupidity?
Why wouldn't the Buff take a poke at her..after all...we ain't his friend, right?
iu

(I'm foregoing any cuss words out of respect for you).

Thanks, I guess you saw my new thread topic in religion lol but that's not necessary, it's a personal choice so either way it's fine. :)

Thanks, I guess you saw my new thread topic in religion lol but that's not necessary, it's a personal choice so either way it's fine.

Yeah, I saw it there, but I should add, I'm only foregoing my cuss words until midnight tonight otherwise part of me might bust. The world is just too @#%*$ screwy anymore not to let out expletives as there are no better words which do justice to the insanity of the world today.

For some strange reason there are a LOT of people who don't have any idea what a wild animal is, they seem to think of them as more like their pets at home.

One of the dumbest people I ever saw was in Yellowstone one time. I was going to Sturgis and decided to make a detour through Yellowstone just for grins and giggles. Well, on our second day through Yellowstone, my riding partner and I saw a huge amount of cars on both sides of the road. Seems that a lot of them decided to stop and check out the female moose that was standing in the lake close to shore. While the larger majority were (kinda) smart about giving the moose a wide berth, there were still people who were WAY too close (like within 10-15 yards) to the animal. The dumbest one I saw was some idiot that was only around 15 ft. away, trying to get a selfie with the beast.

Saw a lot of bison there as well, and told my riding partner that we would ride past and NOT stop to look at the pretty animals, as they could decide to charge at any point, as they were still wild animals.

The idiot woman deserves whatever she got, buffalo are NOT small, and they are NOT tame.

Considering that adult female bison weigh in around 1,000 lbs and an adult male will hit the scales at around 2,000, that makes me really wonder why anyone would think it's okay to get close to one.

Not only that, but they are pretty much all muscle and fast as hell. They can hit 35 mph, which would be like getting hit by a sub compact car.

smart about giving the moose a wide berth, there were still people who were WAY too close (like within 10-15 yards) to the animal. The dumbest one I saw was some idiot that was only around 15 ft. away, trying to get a selfie with the beast.

Lucky for them it must not have been rutting season for the moose as then the moose likely would have attacked that idiot, probably killing them.

From what I read about that incident, the woman was fined, but nothing happened to the bison.

The baby was put down, which is sad. I think the guy should spend some time in jail for that.

These people are SPECIFICALLY TOLD IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS TO STAY AWAY FROM THE WILD LIFE AND DO NOT TOUCH THEM!!!

These animals are protected by federal law, and LEGALLY, these people CAN BE SHOT for interfering with these animals.
I wish they were!!!

Considering that adult female bison weigh in around 1,000 lbs and an adult male will hit the scales at around 2,000, that makes me really wonder why anyone would think it's okay to get close to one. Not only that, but they are pretty much all muscle and fast as hell. They can hit 35 mph, which would be like getting hit by a sub compact car.

Not-just-spectacle-or-stunt-is-Jackass-art_gallery_primary.jpg

For some strange reason there are a LOT of people who don't have any idea what a wild animal is, they seem to think of them as more like their pets at home.

One of the dumbest people I ever saw was in Yellowstone one time. I was going to Sturgis and decided to make a detour through Yellowstone just for grins and giggles. Well, on our second day through Yellowstone, my riding partner and I saw a huge amount of cars on both sides of the road. Seems that a lot of them decided to stop and check out the female moose that was standing in the lake close to shore. While the larger majority were (kinda) smart about giving the moose a wide berth, there were still people who were WAY too close (like within 10-15 yards) to the animal. The dumbest one I saw was some idiot that was only around 15 ft. away, trying to get a selfie with the beast.

Saw a lot of bison there as well, and told my riding partner that we would ride past and NOT stop to look at the pretty animals, as they could decide to charge at any point, as they were still wild animals.

The idiot woman deserves whatever she got, buffalo are NOT small, and they are NOT tame.
Been to Yellowstone a few times and it never fails to see some moron way to close to the wild animals.

Almost saw a guy in Grand Canyon go over a 1,000 ft drop trying to pose for a picture past the guardrail. Grabbed the last bush available just in time.

Shouldn't these people face heavy fines for their dumbf@#$kery? (c'mon midnight!) Like, say, $500? I mean, how do you even get in the park without seeing and reading the rules?

The rules for dealing with the animals are posted all over the park, at the entrance, at the campgrounds, at cafes and hotels, damn near everywhere, it's just that a lot of people get excited at seeing something in the wild (I don't, grew up in Montana which is one of the reasons I have a healthy respect for the animals) and when they get excited, common sense seems to go out the window.

When we first crossed into Yellowstone, there was a black bear running along the road ahead of us, using the road. I think it knew that using the road was easier than climbing over the ridge it was cut through. My riding partner suggested we try to get close and take a picture, but I nixed that quickly, as bears can run quite quickly and can decide to attack at any given time.

Lucky for them it must not have been rutting season for the moose as then the moose likely would have attacked that idiot, probably killing them.

Wasn't quite rutting season (was end of July), but it's still stupid as hell to get anywhere close to a moose. Not only do they have poor eyesight and good hearing, but they are also bad tempered creatures perpetually in a pissed off mood. ANYTIME is a bad time to get close to a moose. Thing that freaked me out was that the idiot had actually gotten in the water halfway up to his shins to try to get close to the beast, and if the moose had decided to charge, he would have been in serious trouble rather quickly. Even in shallow water, running is rather hard for people to do.

When we first crossed into Yellowstone, there was a black bear running along the road ahead of us, using the road. My riding partner suggested we try to get close and take a picture,
Smart move. Black bears are a bit more timid of people than brown bears, but the last thing you want to do to any adult bear is motor up to it on a loud Harley thinking that it is getting attacked or trapped!

Wasn't quite rutting season (was end of July), but it's still stupid as hell to get anywhere close to a moose. Not only do they have poor eyesight and good hearing, but they are also bad tempered creatures perpetually in a pissed off mood. ANYTIME is a bad time to get close to a moose. Thing that freaked me out was that the idiot had actually gotten in the water halfway up to his shins to try to get close to the beast, and if the moose had decided to charge, he would have been in serious trouble rather quickly.
True dat. Probably the only thing that saved them is that the moose had probably seen a lot of people, had many of them approach, and was rather used to it and knew they were more of a pest than a threat.

These people must think moose are like they saw in Rocky & Bullwinkle as a child.

Screen Shot 2023-06-04 at 10.44.51 PM.png

A PROGRESSIVE'S GUIDE TO NATURE

Forum List

Back