Why?

gipper

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2011
Why have our elected leaders refused to address police brutality?

1) Because there's less of it than we've been led to believe there is....Not that it doesn't exist at all, just that every instance gets magnified and blown out of proportion.

2) Because if they fixed it, nobody would need them around for anything....This is true of every other seemingly intractable societal problem....For example, the end of all racism is the last thing that pimps like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would want.

Because many police forces will assassinate any politician who opens their mouth.
The Chief of Nassau County has threatened the Nassau County Supervisors many times when the Supervisors wanted to renegotiate their contracts.

Is that what you see? I see all of them shamelessly grandstanding, dividing, spreading false narratives, and pandering regarding this issue.

The idea that police brutality is widely prevalent is an outright statistical lie. I would love someone to have the courage to state that and back it up with the facts that support it.

Because many police forces will assassinate any politician who opens their mouth.
The Chief of Nassau County has threatened the Nassau County Supervisors many times when the Supervisors wanted to renegotiate their contracts.
I don’t doubt that intimidation tactics are in play, but doubt this explains it all. Police brutality has long been an issue in our nation. It often seems that elected officials, prosecutors, police chiefs not only ignore it, but protect bad cops.

Forum List

Back