CDZ Why would Elon Musk running Twitter be bad? Free speech is a good thing…Right? He will support free speech.

I hear you. You're still fixating on the tiresome "deep state" horseshit.

Twitter is privately owned and has every right to indulge in whatever censorship they like. Just as we all have every right to stop using Twitter and tell them to suck a tailpipe. Just as Elon has every right to buy the company and put an end to their bullshit. That's how free markets work. I can some send you some links to good books on the subject if you're interested.

Then they need to loose their protections for slander............

They can either be a platform, like the telephone company, or they can be a publisher, and then they take responsibility, legal responsibility for what they publish......they can't have the protections and privileges of both...

Then they need to loose their protections for slander............
Horseshit excuses for state retribution. All 'cause they were mean to Trump.

This thread shows why such it's unnecessary.

Horseshit excuses for state retribution. All 'cause they were mean to Trump.

This thread shows why such it's unnecessary.
They're defacto actors for The State....They cannot do at the behest of their State overlords, that which The State itself is prohibited from doing.

The courts have very consistently held a hard 1st Amendment line against prior restraint.

P.S....If you're really good with waiting until the occasional stray nonconformist multi-billionaire to parachute in and save liberty, you need a serious reality check.

P.S....If you're really good with waiting until the occasional stray nonconformist multi-billionaire to parachute in and save liberty, you need a serious reality check.
What I'm good with is letting the market decide. Better than a billionaire buyer would be users with some sense of self-respect and dignity. If we haven't got that, I don't think government policy can save us.

Well, if we're giving up on freedom, then I'm putting on my pirate hat and hoisting the jolly roger. But I don't think we're there just yet.
Not giving up, just pointing out the fact.....If Zucc and Dorsey can be dragged in and bullied into doing The State's bidding, and they subsequently acquiesce, the game is already over....Anyone and everyone is a subject, not a free man.

The brute force of the oligarchy is already here and it can only be met with brute force...You're not going to bargain or "free market" your way out of its fascistic tyranny.

The brute force of the oligarchy is already here and it can only be met with brute force...You're not going to bargain or "free market" your way out of its fascistic tyranny.
You lost me at 'oligarchy'.

You're convinced there's no free market because Twitter was mean to Trump???

The same people who have no problem with Jeff Bezos owning the Washington post are all up in arms over Elon Musk owning twitter.

These authoritarians are worried there may be a tiny dent in the stranglehold they have on controlling the narrative.
Excellent point. And what’s more, Bezos uses his media to give a very biased presentation, heavily favoring Democrats. Musk has said he will open it up to free speech, allowing both sides to present their case. Thus, the power that resides with Bezos is more concerning than that which lies with Musk.

Last edited:
You lost me at 'oligarchy'.

You're convinced there's no free market because Twitter was mean to Trump???
They weren’t just mean. They actually banned the sitting president of the United States from posting, whike still allowing monsters like Farrakhan to post. I for one am looking forward to a medium that allows conservatives as well as liberals to discuss policy decisions and their impact.

Concentrated power in one man is always a cause for concern especially when their prime motivation seems to be political. Furthermore the attempt to buy Twitter knowing there will be a mass exit of users should be alarming for those who may have money invested in his companies. He would have to buy it for more than it's worth only to see the stock price plunge should the deal go through. Lastly he would personally own the user data for millions with no one to tell him he can't use it for nefarious purposes.
No one who owns Twitter stock will lose a dime. User data has been used for nefarious purposes all along.

Concentrated power in one man is always a cause for concern especially when their prime motivation seems to be political. Furthermore the attempt to buy Twitter knowing there will be a mass exit of users should be alarming for those who may have money invested in his companies. He would have to buy it for more than it's worth only to see the stock price plunge should the deal go through. Lastly he would personally own the user data for millions with no one to tell him he can't use it for nefarious purposes.
Well Twitter was being run by the far left proven when they canceled Trump and many conservative voices.

Forum List

Back