Why would conservatives vote for DeSantis?

Serious question. DeSantis has done more than any other candidate or recent president to increase the power of the state over individual rights and no one seems to care. Is conservative ideology changed in terms of using the state to enforce it’s desired social outcome?
Didn't you get suspended a couple of times for this same goofiness?

trolls-have-serious-S.jpg

Why focus on their DNA? That's how they were born. They have no control over that.

But since you brought up race, the large majority of Black children are raised in single-parent households, and the large majority of White children are raised in households with a father and mother. This is certainly part of the problem, and it needs to be addressed in a desperate manner, and not by throwing money at it - that will perpetuate the problem.

But really, it's just a meme.

Regards,
Jim
When people want to see family values…or anything like that, they want to be able to see themselves. If they don’t…then aren’t they excluded? Not one of those photos shows anything but white, traditional Christian families. Single parents raise good kids with good values, as do same sex couples.

I’m touchy about what I see as outdated views of “family values” that remind me of a time when a woman’s main role was house wife and mother.

Hmmm…I guess he’s ok with rightwing heterosexual assaulting kids in public schools then…somehow Ido not think this is a net gain.

LOL!!!

Funny, since heterosexuals reproduce via sex between consenting man and woman, and homos reproduce by raping kids 4-6 years old and hence initializing their sexuality as homo...

And that explains the homo OBSESSION with Boy Scouts and public education....

It doesn’t literally need to to have that effect.

Not really. It effectively prevents teachers from any discussion that is not hetero oriented.

Inside the Capitol you must have an agency sponsor you. In a mostly Republican government, how many liberal causes will be sponsored?

The fact that the language of these bills IS VAGUE is precisely the problem.

Do you ever read rightwing news?

You obsess over this in every interaction we’ve had. That leads me to think you are one of those people who obsessively keeps tabs on his scores and probably spends his free time checking to see if he has any new “likes”.

You lack any interesting qualities that would make it worth engaging in discussion with you.

:bye1:

No, it's an indicator of someone who has rationality, the ability to think, carry on conversations and consider others opinions and it's reflected because you get approval from both sides of the fence.

Hetero discussions don't take place in schools in the same fashion as pushing gender identity on kids. No teachers are trying to convince kids they aren't gay, or anything else. Schools teach hetero material only in the sense of biology or in health class which is basic education because it's fact based and applies to every persons life. No teacher is teaching to be straight. That's just some adjacent misconception you pulled out of your ass and is based on absolutely nothing at all.

No, the vauge language was in the article your provided. They couldn't actually prove anything or point to a specific case. It was all entirely heresay and conjecture. It's all just what ifs and maybes. You nor your article have provided any actual proof.

Why is everyone white? Why is the only church Christian?

How does that represent family values?

Everyone is white because it's just one picture out of billions of pictures online. I have no doubt you'll find plenty of pictures of black or Spanish church congregations if you look. I have absolutely no idea what the point of this even was.

Church is generally christian and Catholic based as it's their name for their place of worship. Jews call theirs temple or a synagogue. Buddhists call their place of worship a temple as well. Muslims call theirs a mosque and so on. Again I have no idea what the point of this was.

And family values have nothing to do with white people or the name of the building you go to in order to worship your god of choice. Again, what's your point?

Serious question. DeSantis has done more than any other candidate or recent president to increase the power of the state over individual rights and no one seems to care. Is conservative ideology changed in terms of using the state to enforce it’s desired social outcome?
Why would anyone with a functioning brain vote for Biden?

I keep feeling like they don’t know what they want exactly and can’t seem to form a coherent message to reach and inspire people.

I think I can agree with that. It isn’t that I don’t value diversity (I do, whether it is ecological habitats, genetics, ideas or cultural) but the Dems have taken it to an Ivory Tower level inaccessible to most people by casting groups as oppressed or oppressor rather than, look guys we have a lot in common, but let’s celebrate what’s different). The Dems are leaving behind a great many who aren’t interested in DEI but just want someone to represent their interests and feel excluded.

But now, the Republicans are despising individual liberty as well and using the legislative arm of the state to force their social engineering.

It does rather seem that way.

But … I do not agree with a hands off government either…
Agree. Mostly. But you concede everything, right there at the end. If you endorse hands on government for your side, you're endorsing it for the other side as well.

We've got to resist the temptation to use government as a weapon in the culture wars. That's not what it's there for. In a country as diverse as ours, "live and let live" is the only thing that works.

Not asking about Biden. This is about DeSantis who’s first hurdle will be your primaries.
That might be the choice in 2024. It is a very reasonable question. Although, I did ask for someone with a functioning brain. Maybe I will get a reply from someone who does.

That might be the choice in 2024. It is a very reasonable question. Although, I did ask for someone with a functioning brain. Maybe I will get a reply from someone who does.
I’m sorry you were incapable of understanding the OP.

I wish I saw liberals pushing back against that overreach. All I hear is that they want to be the ones doing the overreaching.

I can still recall, when I was very young, when Democrats still talked about equal rights and civil liberties. But they've traded those in for "civil" rights and "equity" - which is essentially the opposite ideology. They despise individual liberty, seeing it as an inconvenient roadblock to their social engineering ambitions.

It's just hard to watch. Hardly anyone is actually arguing against the idea of overreaching government. They just want to be running the show.
This ^

Current politics makes no sense. Both parties openly stand in opposition to their very own core values.

Parent having a say in their children's education and females not having to look at some mans junk in public bathrooms. DeSantis is a monster I'll start voting Democrat now.

Forum List

Back