Why would conservatives vote for DeSantis?

Because conservatives are advocates of authoritarianism and big government interfering in citizens lives – more government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty, it’s the conservative way.
Somebody has to be responsible for us remaining a country with morals.

I’m a firm believer in balance: we need both conservatives and liberals to keep each other from excess.
Why do we need liberals?

We do not need liberals.

Without conservatives to do with work of producing all the goods and services that Mankind needs in order to survive and thrive, liberals would die out.

Conservatives, on the other hand, could live just fine without liberals, without the burden of doing their share of the work on top of our own, and of trying to fix what liberals destroy.

Last edited:
Serious question. DeSantis has done more than any other candidate or recent president to increase the power of the state over individual rights and no one seems to care. Is conservative ideology changed in terms of using the state to enforce it’s desired social outcome?

Boy they're really nervous about DeSantis huh?

So they should be

That is largely a matter of perspective. If you are ok with using the power of the state to clamp down on “rogue elements” …are you going to be ok when Dems are next in power and they do the same to “rogue elements”?

How do you square this with the Constitutional right of free speech?

No rational interpretation of “free speech” supports any “right” to brainwash other people's children, against the will of the parents, into disgusting and immoral sexual perversions, or into hateful racist bullshit.

Serious question. DeSantis has done more than any other candidate or recent president to increase the power of the state over individual rights and no one seems to care. Is conservative ideology changed in terms of using the state to enforce it’s desired social outcome?
Yes.

The base of this party has made what it wants clear: They want an aggressive, punitive, pugilistic, hyper-nationalist, authoritarian, religion-bound strongman type in the White House. A ruler. They don't care about the norms of democracy now.

If it can't be Trump, then they'll take the next best thing. Most are clinging to Trump, but they'll toss him under the bus if he gets too damaged.

They say they're at war and will do whatever it takes. I think we should believe them, don't you?

Last edited:
I wish I saw liberals pushing back against that overreach. All I hear is that they want to be the ones doing the overreaching.
I keep feeling like they don’t know what they want exactly and can’t seem to form a coherent message to reach and inspire people.

You're assuming that your side has a message, that it is failing to coherently communicate, and that if mainstream Americans understood this message, we'd be inspired by and supportive of it.

No, mainstream Americans understand your message quit well, and the destructive, evil, insane shit that your side is pushing, we want nothing to do with it.

Not really. It effectively prevents teachers from any discussion that is not hetero oriented.

And what's wrong with that, even if it was true?

Homosexuality is an immoral, fucked-up sexual perversion. There is no legitimate reason, whatsoever, to be brainwashing innocent children to accept this shit as being in any way normal or healthy or acceptable. This is exactly the kind of shit that any sane, decent society needs to be protecting chuidlren against.

Social outcomes: no transgender people, no same sex marriage, no mention of same sex marriage, non hetero lifestyles, promition [sic] of traditional familues [sic] only.

Sounds good to me. Sounds good to any sane, decent American.

That you express these as a negative tells us more about you, what what kind of depraved, fucked-up creature you are, than it tells us about any of these issues themselves.

And? Why do you deny the rights of marriage to same sex couples? It is a matter of equal rights, not culture wars.

Take that up with God. Take that up with nature.

By definition, marriage is, has always been, and will always be, between a man and a woman. Human society has no more power to change this, or to redefine, it, than it has to define two plus two as equaling ten.

Do you know what it means?

That applies in reverse. Democrats went down that road, and still sends armies of thugs and vermin into the streets to do the same thing. That reaction is in fact what Communists fully intend to provoke. They do everything possible to make it happen,

Be careful what you wish for; you just might get it, and with DeSantis they're getting it. They have no reason to whine about it.

Forum List

Back