Why won't Mike Pence invoke the 25th?

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Apparently they haven't spoken since the riot and Donald didn't even bother to call him to see if he was okay after his insurrectionists changed "HANG MIKE PENCE!!/ WHERE'S MIKE PENCE??" and other pleasantries. Veep got out of there due to pure luck and some quick thinking.

Four long years of sickening loyal puppy dog-like behavior on MP's part and he gets this for performing his constitutional DUTY? Goes to show, loyalty is a one way street with King Rump. He expects it from everyone but NEVER returns it.

• President Donald Trump has long benefited from the loyalty of Vice President Mike Pence.
  • But Trump may have pushed Pence too far this week by repeatedly demanding that Pence try to block the certification of Joe Biden's presidential win.
  • That, combined with Trump's move to rile up his supporters before they breached the US Capitol, seems to have exposed cracks within their partnership.
  • Pence is said to be angry with Trump but has yet to agree with invoking the 25th Amendment, a possible but perhaps unlikely way to remove Trump from power.

Sen. Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma told the Tulsa World that he'd never seen the vice president so angry. "I had a long conversation with him," Inhofe said. "He said, 'After all the things I've done for him.'"​

Not too late Michael - Do it NOW!! :mad:

Because buttercup, the purpose of the 25th is to remove presidents for medical feebleness or other reasons of incertitude unable to carry out his duties, not because you didn't like something he said. You only have impeachment for that. But then, the Democrats don't care about laws so, who knows?

Don't look to Pence to do your dirty work for you-- -- AOC said it best, that this is all about fixing Trump that he can't ever run again because they are scared shitless of his power, not because of anything he said or did.

Apparently they haven't spoken since the riot and Donald didn't even bother to call him to see if he was okay after his insurrectionists changed "HANG MIKE PENCE!!/ WHERE'S MIKE PENCE??" and other pleasantries. Veep got out of there due to pure luck and some quick thinking.

Four long years of sickening loyal puppy dog-like behavior on MP's part and he gets this for performing his constitutional DUTY? Goes to show, loyalty is a one way street with King Rump. He expects it from everyone but NEVER returns it.

• President Donald Trump has long benefited from the loyalty of Vice President Mike Pence.
  • But Trump may have pushed Pence too far this week by repeatedly demanding that Pence try to block the certification of Joe Biden's presidential win.
  • That, combined with Trump's move to rile up his supporters before they breached the US Capitol, seems to have exposed cracks within their partnership.
  • Pence is said to be angry with Trump but has yet to agree with invoking the 25th Amendment, a possible but perhaps unlikely way to remove Trump from power.

Sen. Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma told the Tulsa World that he'd never seen the vice president so angry. "I had a long conversation with him," Inhofe said. "He said, 'After all the things I've done for him.'"​

The whole push to do this is so that he can't return in 4 years and not to remove him because he is already leaving

I guess I would be nervous as well if I were a democrat. I mean, imagine what this country will be after 4 long years under Commie Harris.

As the nations hurtles towards crisis, why do we have the 17th Amendment, the 19th Amendment, the Federal Reserve Act, the Federal Income Tax Act and more that had a great start but now is starting catch fire and will go down in flames with no prudent ways to sustain government because of pure selfish ways to expand it endlessly until the demise of everything.

Because it's really only for unconscious or kidnapped presidents. If an ousted prez can reply, he or she will, furiously, and then BOTH houses of Congress have to approve the measure by two-thirds vote.

And you know the Dems don't have that many votes! And can't get them, especially with both Houses of Congress in recess. Couldn't get that many votes even if they were in session.

Because buttercup, the purpose of the 25th is to remove presidents for medical feebleness or other reasons of incertitude unable to carry out his duties, not because you didn't like something he said. You only have impeachment for that. But then, the Democrats don't care about laws so, who knows?

Don't look to Pence to do your dirty work for you-- -- AOC said it best, that this is all about fixing Trump that he can't ever run again because they are scared shitless of his power, not because of anything he said or did.
Because none of that is true. Apparently, reportedly, is said, all clues to the whole thing being more democrat lies.

The way communist democrats lie why don't they just say Pence and the entire cabinet voted to invoke the 25th and run with that. There doesn't need to be a vote.

Invoking the 25th and the powers and procedures of section 4, is not impeachment light. It can be fought by the president, and take up to 21 days to work out, 21 days we do not have. If resisted by the president, it throws it back to congress and a congressional fight during that time. Mike Pence will never go along with it, as he should not go along with it, this close to inauguration day. DJT sucks, but this is not the way.

The whole push to do this is so that he can't return in 4 years and not to remove him because he is already leaving.
Now that the man knows what the job entails, my only question for him is why would he want to run again?

God bless you and our current leader always!!!

Holly

P.S. Ten more days until January 20th.......my only question about that day is how bad is it going to be?

Pence has been a sexually obsessed little coward from the git-go. The only thing that he can do is return to Indiana and have fundie sex with this karen.

Invoking the 25th and the powers and procedures of section 4, is not impeachment light. It can be fought by the president, and take up to 21 days to work out, 21 days we do not have. If resisted by the president, it throws it back to congress and a congressional fight during that time. Mike Pence will never go along with it, as he should not go along with it, this close to inauguration day. DJT sucks, but this is not the way.

Thanks, I was under the impression that it could be done in such a manner that would be nearly immediate. I mean, if you have an unstable POTUS (and we do) 21 days would allow him to do great harm to the country. Here's what I found. IOW, there would be no time for Donald to "resist" because by then, Biden would already be the president.

The part of the 25th Amendment now under discussion generally relates to Section 4, which would allow the vice president and a majority of the president's cabinet or a group designated by Congress to declare in writing to the Senate president pro tempore and House speaker that the sitting president is unable to perform the duties of the office. This immediately makes the vice president the acting president.
The president can resist this effort by the vice president and Congress, however, declaring him or herself fit for office in official writing. From there, the vice president and those supporting impeachment have four days to disagree, or the sitting president resumes the presidency. If they disagree, Congress can settle the matter with a vote.​

The obsession over a powerless LAME DUCK President is hilarious, never thought TDS virus was this bad to humans, which effects only democrats, all other parties have little of it.

He will be gone officially in TEN DAYS!

Get over it and be ready for the Biden era.

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Thanks, I was under the impression that it could be done in such a manner that would be nearly immediate. I mean, if you have an unstable POTUS (and we do) 21 days would allow him to do great harm to the country. Here's what I found. IOW, there would be no time for Donald to "resist" because by then, Biden would already be the president.

The part of the 25th Amendment now under discussion generally relates to Section 4, which would allow the vice president and a majority of the president's cabinet or a group designated by Congress to declare in writing to the Senate president pro tempore and House speaker that the sitting president is unable to perform the duties of the office. This immediately makes the vice president the acting president.
The president can resist this effort by the vice president and Congress, however, declaring him or herself fit for office in official writing. From there, the vice president and those supporting impeachment have four days to disagree, or the sitting president resumes the presidency. If they disagree, Congress can settle the matter with a vote.​

Pence already said no DAYS ago!

:auiqs.jpg:

Could be, if Mike Pence were willing to go along with and assume the powers of the presidency, he would be in a position to pardon president trump for all federal crime connected with don's actions, word and deed before and during his presidency, including incitement of insurrection. I think Mike Pence would like to run for president in 2024. If he pardoned DJT could he possibly in any stretch of imagination win. I don't think so. Did you vote for Ford after he pardoned Nixon? I didn't. It never entered my mind, as I would have approved seeing Nixon prosecuted, even though I voted for him in 1972.

WHERE does 25A say jack shit about "mental feebleness"?

Hm?

Or don't you care about the very law you cite?

The obsession over a powerless LAME DUCK President is hilarious, never thought TDS virus was this bad to humans, which effects only democrats, all other parties have little of it.

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Actually, we're in the single digits! :D

It is 9 days, 11 hours, 11 minutes, 19 seconds
until Wednesday, January 20, 2021 (Washington DC, District of Columbia time)

Get ready for the sheer Hell Joe Biden will bring. America will go through a stress test and if we emerge from the dumpster dive in one piece it will amaze me.

I guess Hunter Biden sure is relieved and the press will all forget the epic corruption of the Biden Crime
Family instantaneously if they haven't already (which they have).

WHERE does 25A say jack shit about "mental feebleness"?

Hm?

Or don't you care about the very law you cite?

Correct - "Unable to perform his duties" is the generalized description. And God knows he ISN'T!

Forum List

Back