Why We Need To Stop Assuming Everyone Is Straight

Well, you just compared them to slaves, didn't you?

Hyperbole cuts both ways, kid.

I'm still not sure what you are upset about. The reason people assume you are straight is that the overwhelming percentage of people are straight. I never see left handed people acting all butthurt because somebody thought they were right handed.

It sounds to me that you feel you must be aggrieved over SOMETHING, and are working overtime to find it.

No, i was saying that some use the bible to justify their homophobia when the same bible also has stuff that is very offensive and seems to be ignored.

No, i was saying that some use the bible to justify their homophobia when the same bible also has stuff that is very offensive and seems to be ignored.

No, you're reaching to find an excuse to talk shit on people.

I mean the same bible also says people can't eat fat Lev 3:17, can't eat pork Lev 11:7-8, can't eat shrimp or anything lacking fins or scales Deuteronomy 14:9-10, planting two different crops side by side Lev 19:19, wearing clothes made of mixed fabrics lev 19:19, cutting the hair on the sides of your head or clipping the edges of your beard Lev 19:27, tattoos Lev 19:28, can't work on the sabbath Exodus 35:2

There is also slavery in the bible.{an evil that no one approves of today}

I mean the same bible also says people can't eat fat Lev 3:17, can't eat pork Lev 11:7-8, can't eat shrimp or anything lacking fins or scales Deuteronomy 14:9-10, planting two different crops side by side Lev 19:19, wearing clothes made of mixed fabrics lev 19:19, cutting the hair on the sides of your head or clipping the edges of your beard Lev 19:27, tattoos Lev 19:28, can't work on the sabbath Exodus 35:2

There is also slavery in the bible.{an evil that no one approves of today}

At the time those words were written they made perfect sense. Biblical slavery is of no consequence at all.

At the time those words were written they made perfect sense. Biblical slavery is of no consequence at all.

What i read is that slavery in teh bible was the same thing as Black slavery.

There is a part in the bible on the treatment of slaves going on how some were slaves for life, which is almost like how it was practiced in the American South.

I find the very idea of slavery to be very repulsive and has no basis in a modern society.

Exodus 21:20–21 says, “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.

Leviticus 25:44-46​

44 “‘Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life

Last edited:
What i read is that slavery in teh bible was the same thing as Black slavery.

There is a part in the bible on the treatment of slaves going on how some were slaves for life, which is almost like how it was practiced in the American South.

I find the very idea of slavery to be very repulsive and has no basis in a modern society.

Exodus 21:20–21 says, “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.

Leviticus 25:44-46​

44 “‘Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life
Ohhh wellll, slavery has no basis in a modern society. But the Bible wasn't written in or even for a modern society. Did you think it was?

Hey, I have an idea... why don't we all just STFU about sexual choices in public and leave people to be themselves without broadcasting it to the world and demanding their choices be accepted and even praised? I have never felt a need to seek out gay folks to insult them but these days it's like they are publicly demanding that everyone accept them whether they want to or not.

That'd be great. The reason why there is gay pride, is because people attack gay people. Leave everyone alone, and they won't need to be proud of it.

"There are a whole variety of sexualities that people fall under, and at least ten percent of the population falls under non-heterosexual categories."​

It's common knowledge that most of the population is heterosexual. However, the fact that we have started to assume everyone is heterosexual because of that is a rising problem, termed "heteronormativity."

In what way to you see people assuming that others are straight in a way that is offensive?

That'd be great. The reason why there is gay pride, is because people attack gay people. Leave everyone alone, and they won't need to be proud of it.

Yup and bigots who feel disgust at LGBT people, Bigots who feel disgust need a serious education.

Why? Are people no longer permitted the luxury of private thoughts and feelings?

I think some make their thoughts public among trusted people.

But i know among younger people, having such attitudes about LGBT people will make you loose friends fast.

Like go to a anime/comic con/furry con and say you hate LGBT people and see how many call you a closed minded asshole for it.

Forum List

Back