Do I sound German when I speak Spanish?

That would be quiete fascinating if it would sound normal because I never spoke a word Spanish in my life. But its cool. I do want to do well in other languages.

As a Texan I wouldn't know anyway; we have mostly Mexican speakers here and they don't speak Spanish. In fact, in El Paso they sound more like they're speaking Chinese; they have a sing song lilt accent there that doesn't sound like Mexican anywhere else. San Antonio has its own regional slang, too, only they have a drawl more 'Texian' than Mexican. You have to go to Laredo to get real Mexican, and it sounds a lot more like German.

That would be quiete fascinating if it would sound normal because I never spoke a word Spanish in my life. But its cool. I do want to do well in other languages.

I thought many Euros took a year of Latin in grade school. It's similar.

I thought many Euros took a year of Latin in grade school. It's similar.

I took 4 years in High School. But

A) I just translated ancient texts, didnt spoke it because it is a dead language
B) I forgot most of it after school, only some phrases and words I remember
C) It is similar but not that similar, i dont think if you speak latin you can speak spanish

I took 4 years in High School. But

A) I just translated ancient texts, didnt spoke it because it is a dead language
B) I forgot most of it after school, only some phrases and words I remember
C) It is similar but not that similar, i dont think if you speak latin you can speak spanish

Yes, but it should make learning it a whole lot easier, more like learning a dialect than an entirely new language.

New Topics

Forum List

Back