Why Trump swears off planning

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
'Trump’s fancy-free scheduling approach is no mistake. In "The Art of the Deal," he explained that he thought too much planning curbed his creativity and impeded his thinking. That philosophy is alive and well in the White House, according to more than half a dozen current and former officials.

Between the lines: Trump believes to his core, one former senior White House official told Axios, that he's better off not preparing for some meetings. He thinks preparation hinders his ability to read the room and act with spontaneity, this former aide said.

• "I play it very loose," Trump wrote in 'The Art of the Deal."
  • "I don't carry a briefcase. I try not to schedule too many meetings. I leave my door open. You can't be imaginative or entrepreneurial if you've got too much structure. I prefer to come to work each day and just see what develops."
One of the key challenges for his staff: He doesn't like long or complex documents.

• He'll skim newspaper articles, news summaries and bullet points, but hates anything longer. So his evening briefings look quite different from his predecessors'.
  • "Trump does review briefing materials, at least if you make it a point to have him do so," said a former senior White House official who has direct knowledge of Trump's reading habits. "But only if you talk and guide him through it as he's reading."
  • Trump receives national security materials and news summaries every evening. But the package is more visual than those of his predecessors, with screenshots from the Drudge Report homepage, pictures of his own tweets and snapshots of cable news chyrons from throughout the day, according to people who've seen Trump's nightly briefing packages.'
Why Trump believes that he's better off not preparing for some meetings

In other words...he is probably stupid with an INCREDIBLY short attention span.

The guy sounds like a spoiled teenager. Which would be fine if he weren't the POTUS.

Here is how the four POTUS's before him were like.

Trump's approach to time management is completely different from his predecessors'

Around the same time that Trump's fantasy comic book was released he was nearly bankrupt & begging his old man for another bailout.

Trump is the biggest fraud who ever polluted the White House. He's a fucking clown.

'Trump’s fancy-free scheduling approach is no mistake. In "The Art of the Deal," he explained that he thought too much planning curbed his creativity and impeded his thinking. That philosophy is alive and well in the White House, according to more than half a dozen current and former officials.

Between the lines: Trump believes to his core, one former senior White House official told Axios, that he's better off not preparing for some meetings. He thinks preparation hinders his ability to read the room and act with spontaneity, this former aide said.

• "I don't carry a briefcase. I try not to schedule too many meetings. I leave my door open. You can't be imaginative or entrepreneurial if you've got too much structure. I prefer to come to work each day and just see what develops."
One of the key challenges for his staff: He doesn't like long or complex documents.

• He'll skim newspaper articles, news summaries and bullet points, but hates anything longer. So his evening briefings look quite different from his predecessors'.
  • "Trump does review briefing materials, at least if you make it a point to have him do so," said a former senior White House official who has direct knowledge of Trump's reading habits. "But only if you talk and guide him through it as he's reading."
  • Trump receives national security materials and news summaries every evening. But the package is more visual than those of his predecessors, with screenshots from the Drudge Report homepage, pictures of his own tweets and snapshots of cable news chyrons from throughout the day, according to people who've seen Trump's nightly briefing packages.'

The guy sounds like a spoiled teenager. Which would be fine if he weren't the POTUS.

Trump's approach to time management is completely different from his predecessors'
Trump is stupid, lazy, ignorant – a political neophyte with no understanding of how government works.

Trump operates under the delusion of being the ‘big idea’ man where his underlings work out the details.

Around the same time that Trump's fantasy comic book was released he was nearly bankrupt & begging his old man for another bailout.

Trump is the biggest fraud who ever polluted the White House. He's a fucking clown.
I'm sure he's not losing any sleep over your worthless opinion.

Now snowflakes are whiny book critics?

:p

Trump is stupid, lazy, ignorant – a political neophyte with no understanding of how government works.

Trump operates under the delusion of being the ‘big idea’ man where his underlings work out the details.
STFUdonnyjpg.jpg

Tissue?

I'm sure he's not losing any sleep over your worthless opinion.
As long as he as those who have their heads up his ass he has no wotties

Funny how nobody is really contradicting the op. Name calling, deflecting, saying "nuh uh", but not really contradicting.

Here's how it works; under educated left wing posters who don't have an idea in their robotic heads find a stupid blog they like and then they pretend it's true. Who the hell are "Johnathan Swann and Alexi McCammond"?

Yet he accomplishes twice as much as his predecessors.....go figure.

51117031_629394564179874_9107192703346540544_n.jpg

Ok, I give up. What's a "wottie"?
From the Urban Dictionary, :
Wotie wardie", a term denoting someone from your ward in New Orleanian slang, "wotie" has taken the place of "homeboy" in modern American hip-hop. Arguments abound around who was the first to introduce it, but considering the origins of the term and that New Orleans is unique in its parish and ward systems, it is most likely from a cresent city artist.
I can't turn my back on him, because he is my wotie.

Ok, I give up. What's a "wottie"?
From the Urban Dictionary, :
Wotie wardie", a term denoting someone from your ward in New Orleanian slang, "wotie" has taken the place of "homeboy" in modern American hip-hop. Arguments abound around who was the first to introduce it, but considering the origins of the term and that New Orleans is unique in its parish and ward systems, it is most likely from a cresent city artist.
I can't turn my back on him, because he is my wotie.

Yes, but doesn't a person need to be in a ward to use it?

Forum List

Back