Why the victimization?

Perhaps it's easier to use shock value to get people to listen to you than to actually discuss the logic or ill logic involving the various positions on the issues.

As to why you feel it is more prevalent on the right ( I don't, I think it's used pretty equally on both sides) it could be because the right is in the minority in Congress right now and feel the momentum behind them to take it back.

I feel it's more prevalent on the right right now - entirely because of what you said: they're currently in the minority, and feel the momentum behind them to "take it back". I'm certainly not trying to excuse the Left of doing exactly the same thing (the whole "9/11 was an inside job" thing is based on the same idea).
This is exactly what I'm talking about:
I think you have it completely backwards. The far left is still a minority, yet they have been running the agenda in this country, with willing accomplices from the right for quite some time.
"Real" Americans are "center right", but the "Far left" minority, along with a conspiracy, has been controlling everything.
It is imploding, there is a groundswell to move back to the center, or center-right, and they are scared. Hence the *****phobia, racist, redneck, etc. nonsense.
That nonsense is a different topic, one that I started a different thread about.

Unfortunately there are still far too many who get worked up over some bogus label thrown at them from some over emotional, intellectual lightweight who can't really explain his agenda without calling you stupid for not getting it.
Not sure quite what you're talking about here.. Are you claiming that I'm an "over emotional intellectual" who's calling people "stupid"?

I've noticed a trend in politics.

Both sides of the aisle tend towards this, but it's particularly prevalent in the right wing right now - Where does the need for victimization come from?

Rhetoric from the right seems to constantly imply victimization: They're coming to take our guns! They're coming to take our talk radio! The Muslims are coming, the muslims are coming! Sharia Law!

The implication seems to be that all "real" Americans are being persecuted by a massive government-media conspiracy, and it's time to "stand up and fight" against the evil "liberal" conspiracy.

Where does that rhetoric come from? Is it necessary to create such a deep divide?

Why the divide? Discuss? :lol::lol::lol:

Here's what the left says. If you white, you ain't right, sit down and stfu, you izz racist, you don't give a shit about poor people only the rich, white people suck, rich people suck, banks suck, insurance companies suck, and did I mention rich people suck? white people suck,, why the divide??????? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: :clap2:

Bingo! :clap2::clap2:

Why didn't ABC give their "This Week' show to George Will? He has been with ABC for many years and is certainly a credible and well respected journalist.
Consistency is hardly a strong-point, for him.....​

"When Republican senators filibustered President Clinton's economic stimulus bill in 1993, columnist George Will vigorously defended the Senate rule that requires the votes of at least 60 senators, a so-called supermajority, to impose an end to debate. In a column headlined "The Framers' Intent" (Washington Post, 4/25/93), Will praised "the right of a minority to use extended debate to obstruct Senate action" and he cheered "the generation that wrote and ratified the Constitution" for properly establishing "the Senate's permissive tradition regarding extended debates."

Ten years and an apparent Copernican Revolution later, Will reversed himself. In the column "Coup Against the Constitution" (Washington Post, 2/28/03), Will found the Senate rule he'd once draped in the mantle of original intent was in fact an affront to the framers.

Concerned that "41 Senate Democrats" might succeed in stopping the confirmation of Miguel Estrada, nominated by George W. Bush to the U.S. Court of Appeals, Will wrote: "If Senate rules, exploited by an anti-constitutional minority, are allowed to trump the Constitution's text and two centuries of practice, the Senate's power to consent to judicial nominations will have become a Senate right to require a supermajority vote for confirmation."

gwillcard.jpg

Most Doctors are Liberal too. Does that mean there's a massive "doctor-government" conspiracy all around us? How about economists? A majority of them are liberal as well.

Here's a little help for you: Reporters don't choose what's on the news. Media conglomerates do - and all they're after is MONEY.

Do you have a link about doctors being liberal? I find that curious. I am friendly with several physicians - all Rs.

I read this somewhere, but I'm not able to find a link now. I could very well be wrong on this one.

Ok. I just thought it was interesting. No biggie. :cool:

Don't kid yourself. There is a massive Government-Media conspiracy and it's an extreme Left/Democrat-leaning Government-Media conspiracy. All recent non-partisan studies have shown that a vast majority of MSM journalists are registered Democrats. It really is overwhelming. However there are a few exceptions like in Talk Radio and Fox News. Fighting against something you don't believe in doesn't necessarily mean you're trying to divide anything. However i do think this current Administration has divided our nation unlike anything i've ever seen before. Calling your own people "racists" and then suing them in Arizona is an incredibly divisive act. Hey that's just my take anyway.

Most Doctors are Liberal too. Does that mean there's a massive "doctor-government" conspiracy all around us? How about economists? A majority of them are liberal as well.

Here's a little help for you: Reporters don't choose what's on the news. Media conglomerates do - and all they're after is MONEY.

Watch most MSM News Outlets and see for yourself. I just read where CNN is now hiring disgraced Democrat Governor Elliot Spitzer for a Prime time show. Tune into NBC and see who they have working for them. Tune into CBS & ABC as well. ABC just hired ultra Left-leaning Christine Amanpour to host their 'This Week' show for God's sake. Where are the Conservatives/Republicans? You see a couple in Talk Radio and Fox News but that's about it. So the Government-Media Left/Democrat conspiracy isn't really a conspiracy. It's reality.

The new CNN program with Elliot Spitzer and Kathleen Parker (a conservative) will be a point/counterpoint format. You got a problem with that? Parker is a regular on The O'Reilly Factor, but she's not a loony right-wing fringer. Spitzer is a highly intelligent person, in spite of his personal problems. There's no one from Fox with personal problems involving sexual hangups, etc.? Imagine that...defies all odds. [But we know better. Chuckle]

I suggest you tune in to Spitzer/Parker. Perhaps you might actually learn how not to be a tunnel-visioned hack if you listen to both sides of an issue for a change.

The rhetoric seems to be based entirely around a persecution complex.

The right seems to need to feel "persecuted" by the overwhelming evil conspiracy - that all "real" Americans are against. Why is this?

Where does this come from?

i believe it stems from being accused of intollerance and racisim for holding opinion contrary to those on the left....

speaking out was considered patrotic when bush was pres ...
That's what you HEARD, huh??

:rolleyes:

(How old ARE you????!!!
323.png
)

Don't kid yourself. There is a massive Government-Media conspiracy and it's an extreme Left/Democrat-leaning Government-Media conspiracy. All recent non-partisan studies have shown that a vast majority of MSM journalists are registered Democrats. It really is overwhelming. However there are a few exceptions like in Talk Radio and Fox News. Fighting against something you don't believe in doesn't necessarily mean you're trying to divide anything. However i do think this current Administration has divided our nation unlike anything i've ever seen before. Calling your own people "racists" and then suing them in Arizona is an incredibly divisive act. Hey that's just my take anyway.

Do you have a link about doctors being liberal? I find that curious. I am friendly with several physicians - all Rs.

And mine are all Democrats. The one who usually treats me was furious when universal health care was dropped and the insurance mandate replaced it. The entire practice serves anyone, including many Medicare/Medicaid patients and has never turned anyone away.

Both sides of the aisle tend towards this, but it's particularly prevalent in the right wing right now - Where does the need for victimization come from?

Rhetoric from the right seems to constantly imply victimization: They're coming to take our guns! They're coming to take our talk radio! The Muslims are coming, the muslims are coming! Sharia Law!

The implication seems to be that all "real" Americans are being persecuted by a massive government-media conspiracy, and it's time to "stand up and fight" against the evil "liberal" conspiracy.

Where does that rhetoric come from? Is it necessary to create such a deep divide?

Discuss.

Perhaps it's easier to use shock value to get people to listen to you than to actually discuss the logic or ill logic involving the various positions on the issues.
Gee......ya' THINK so??!!!

:eusa_eh:

The right seems to need to feel "persecuted" by the overwhelming evil conspiracy - that all "real" Americans are against. Why is this?

i believe it stems from being accused of intollerance and racisim for holding opinion contrary to those on the left....

speaking out was considered patrotic when bush was pres ...
That's what you HEARD, huh??

:rolleyes:

(How old ARE you????!!!
323.png
)

yup

howoldareyou?

Discuss.

1. apparently American politics has always been like this. You can go back to the early 1800s and find newspapers and political parties declaring the end of civilization as we know it if the other guy is elected.

2. back in the late 1980s g bush the firsts' campaign manager discovered rush limbaugh and placed him on radio stations all over the country. limbaugh immediately started to popularize hate radio with its standards of;

we hate democrats
we hate liberals
liberals hate god
democrats hate god and America
democrats and liberals want to take all of our right away
democrats and liberals love terrorists
liberals are the enemy

3. newt gingrich published a book for conservatives and republicans in the early 1990's that gave them lists of words to use when speaking of "friends" (repubs, cons)

good, patriotic, American, brave, fair, honest, religious (positive words)

and words to use on "enemies" (liberals, democrats)

bad, evil, cowards, satanists, scum, traitors (negative words)

eventually conservatives began to consider limbaugh to be "too liberal" and fox news and hate radio begat the likes of michelle malkin and ann coulter and michael savage...etc...

fox news promotes all of this is uses it to great effect

Last edited:
Why didn't ABC give their "This Week' show to George Will? He has been with ABC for many years and is certainly a credible and well respected journalist. How could they pass him up and give that show to the ultra Left-leaning activist Christine Amanpour? There is only one answer. Will was a Conservative and Amanpour was a preferred Leftist. So don't tell me the MSM isn't overwhelmingly Liberal-leaning. That just insults the intelligence of Millions of Americans. Where are all the Conservatives/Republicans? Good luck finding them in the MSM.

There haven't been any TV conservative journalists worth their salt since Bob Novak and Bill Buckley (both now dead) who have the charisma to attract a wide audience of interest.

Maria Bartiromo, who is a conservative financial analyst, hosts a couple of financial talkfests on NBC and CNBC. Her "Wall Street Journal Report with Maria Bartiromo," was recently rated the most watched financial news program in America. Dillan Ratigan, another financial guru, hosts an afternoon program on MSNBC and he is anything but a liberal. CNN's Sunday programs include a multitude of panel forums with both liberals and conservatives discussing issues of the week.

Perhaps if you could tear yourself away from uber right-wing Fox, you would know that your accusations are totally unfounded, rather than just make unsubstantiated assumptions.

Why didn't ABC give their "This Week' show to George Will? He has been with ABC for many years and is certainly a credible and well respected journalist. How could they pass him up and give that show to the ultra Left-leaning activist Christine Amanpour? There is only one answer. Will was a Conservative and Amanpour was a preferred Leftist. So don't tell me the MSM isn't overwhelmingly Liberal-leaning. That just insults the intelligence of Millions of Americans. Where are all the Conservatives/Republicans? Good luck finding them in the MSM.

There haven't been any TV conservative journalists worth their salt since Bob Novak and Bill Buckley (both now dead) who have the charisma to attract a wide audience of interest.

Maria Bartiromo, who is a conservative financial analyst, hosts a couple of financial talkfests on NBC and CNBC. Her "Wall Street Journal Report with Maria Bartiromo," was recently rated the most watched financial news program in America. Dillan Ratigan, another financial guru, hosts an afternoon program on MSNBC and he is anything but a liberal. CNN's Sunday programs include a multitude of panel forums with both liberals and conservatives discussing issues of the week.

Perhaps if you could tear yourself away from uber right-wing Fox, you would know that your accusations are totally unfounded, rather than just make unsubstantiated assumptions.

Yea it's the "Charisma" thing and not Liberal Bias. Pretty funny stuff. :cuckoo:

Yes there are some. I have said that already. But the numbers are still overwhelming die-hard Leftist/Democrat. George Will is a good example of Liberal Media bias. He has been with ABC for twenty five years yet got passed over for the 'This Week' show in favor of a Left Wing extremist Christine Amanpour. Travesties like that go on all the time in the Liberal Media. Elliot Spitzer given a Prime time show on CNN? Yikes! Just look at CNN,CBS,ABC,and NBC and see who all their hosts are. Where are all the Conservative/Republican hosts? The same bias exists at PBS and NPR as well. I can't recall any Conservative/Republican hosts ever being on PBS or NPR. Thank God for Fox News and Talk Radio. If it weren't for them we would never hear the Conservative perspective. The Liberal Media Bias is not just a "Conspiracy." It's reality.

Link to any evidence that George Will even was in the running for "This Week"?

Any evidence he even wanted it?

Irrelevant. He should have been given the 'This Week' show based on merit. He has been with ABC for twenty five years and is a well respected journalist. ABC's last two 'This Week' hosts have been diehard Leftist Democrats. A Conservative Republican should have been given a shot. Liberal Bias is the only explanation for hiring Christine Amanpour.

.....And, she's got bigger-balls that Georgie Will!!!!

"He lives in tony Chevy Chase, Maryland, just inside Washington D.C.'s Capitol Beltway and he has never heard a shot fired in anger. His name is George F. Will. He loves major league baseball, ex-British Czarina, Margaret Thatcher, and just about any kind of U.S. war, no matter how lethal, as long as he doesn't have to fight in any of them. We know all of this because he writes nonstop about them in his syndicated columns."

gwillcard.jpg

.....Not to mention her Iranian-heritage (probably the reason "conservatives" hate her).​

Discuss.

this rhetoric comes from losing two elections, and finding out that THEIR country and THEIR opinion is not the MAJORITY!

The rightys of no emotions need sympathy, and paranoia to have a cohesive grouping, because that is all they have got. They have no family values, no morals, and no ethics, and no party to speak of, having divided it during Bush, and splintered it with chaotic tea parties with no direction. Its like hanging from a cliff by a vine in a desperate hope the vine won't break, and wanting others to share the vine so they won't feel alone. No body brought this misery on them but themselves.

Once again, a desperate attempt at cohesiveness grouping, even to the point of lying to one another. Interesting you mention guns, the perfect analogy of the rightwing. During the campaigning it was "Obama was going to take our guns away!" And yet there was no logical reasoning for this belief, but it did instill fear and paranoia the rightys needed for cohesiveness as victims. Death panels, WMDs, guns, birth certificate, Kenya, raise taxes, racist & poor whitey, etc.

I don't think the media is the one dreaming up the fear for these paranoid "victims," they just reporting the end results of a splintered party, much like a historical note, a dirty job someone has to do. The media didn't start the T-Party or bring up all the fears & hate these rightys are going through, having been kicked out of DC in droves, and their war hero McCain snubbed for a black president whose only message was hope & change.

Discuss.

The rhetoric comes from righty think tanks, like the Swift-Boaters, and backed by elite money to insure the message gets out.

Everything you say is true. There was anger just waiting to bubble over by the time Obama got elected, and the drumbeat against him has just gotten louder and louder and louder. Liberal media? Media reporting (liberal or not) is barely squeezed in, as the "scandalous" issue du jour (often so minor it's hilarious) takes center stage.

Link to any evidence that George Will even was in the running for "This Week"?

Any evidence he even wanted it?

Irrelevant. He should have been given the 'This Week' show based on merit. He has been with ABC for twenty five years and is a well respected journalist. ABC's last two 'This Week' hosts have been diehard Leftist Democrats. A Conservative Republican should have been given a shot. Liberal Bias is the only explanation for hiring Christine Amanpour.

.....And, she's got bigger-balls that Georgie Will!!!!

"He lives in tony Chevy Chase, Maryland, just inside Washington D.C.'s Capitol Beltway and he has never heard a shot fired in anger. His name is George F. Will. He loves major league baseball, ex-British Czarina, Margaret Thatcher, and just about any kind of U.S. war, no matter how lethal, as long as he doesn't have to fight in any of them. We know all of this because he writes nonstop about them in his syndicated columns."

gwillcard.jpg

.....Not to mention her Iranian-heritage (probably the reason "conservatives" hate her).​

race-baiting-for-dummies.jpg

speaking out was considered patrotic when bush was pres ... now it is just the opposite....

same game everyone just switched sides for awhile....

No, it started long before Obama became President.

It started when Clinton ended a second term for George H.W. Bush. A then gleeful GOP thought Democrats were gonners forever when Clinton went through his sex scandal and impeachment proceedings. It REALLY started when the 2000 election was decided by the USSC. Revenge politics has been the norm ever since.

speaking out was considered patrotic when bush was pres ... now it is just the opposite....

same game everyone just switched sides for awhile....

No, it started long before Obama became President.

It started when Clinton ended a second term for George H.W. Bush. A then gleeful GOP thought Democrats were gonners forever when Clinton went through his sex scandal and impeachment proceedings. It REALLY started when the 2000 election was decided by the USSC. Revenge politics has been the norm ever since.

You guys are out of your minds. It has been this way since very early in our nations history.

Read some of the media coverage from the Years before the Civil war if you do not believe me.

It is just louder now because of over saturation of stories, and news highlighting it.

Joe Scarborough - MSNBC
William Kristol - NY Times (formerly)
George Will - ABC
Charles Krauthammer - Washington Post
The entire pundit staff of FOX NEWS
The entire editorial board of the Wall Street Journal

There's plenty more.

Yes there are some. I have said that already. But the numbers are still overwhelming die-hard Leftist/Democrat. George Will is a good example of Liberal Media bias. He has been with ABC for twenty five years yet got passed over for the 'This Week' show in favor of a Left Wing extremist Christine Amanpour. Travesties like that go on all the time in the Liberal Media. Elliot Spitzer given a Prime time show on CNN? Yikes! Just look at CNN,CBS,ABC,and NBC and see who all their hosts are. Where are all the Conservative/Republican hosts? The same bias exists at PBS and NPR as well. I can't recall any Conservative/Republican hosts ever being on PBS or NPR. Thank God for Fox News and Talk Radio. If it weren't for them we would never hear the Conservative perspective. The Liberal Media Bias is not just a "Conspiracy." It's reality.

Christine Amanpour is a transvestite? Good God, man, you're one sick dude.

How can you possibly know what you're talking about (you don't, of course) when the ONLY thing you watch is Fox and listen to talk radio?

You, sir, are a certifiable lunatic.

Forum List

Back