Why the removal of the confederate flag should be a non issue.

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
Every single time there is an opportunity for this nation to have a real discussion about race and the impact it is having in this country, the media always manages to devert our attention away from it. From the Martin case, from Ferguson and now this non issue shit....Removing that flag will not change the minds of anyone bent on hatred and the worshiping of its purpose. With or without that flag waving in SC, that murderous nut would still have harvest the same hostilities and anger. Its just a symbol, just as the word N**** is just a word. It the minds and what people make of it, that gives the flag, the N word its power. Without our internalizing these symbols, they hold no power over anyone.

I am for keeping the flag. I say this because taking it down, will only increase the anger and bitterness so many white people are harvesting today and its not the whites who will feel the brunt of this gesture, once again black people will have to carry those burdens.

That is why we must, we must divert our attentions back to what is seriously ailing his nation and that is racism and bigotry. Until we collectively sat down and hold real discussions that bring about real changes, we will continue to defuse and minimize what is important for this nation to grow up and finally rid ourselves of the dark past.

I agree. This shift to a flag is a giant distraction. Let's face it -- it wasn't a flag that went to a church and gunned down nine people. Nor did the guy who did it, do it because the flag exists.

I guess it's easier to get lost in a rhetorical gunfight over an inanimate object symbol than to confront our own collective cultural psyche.

People got upset about burning the American flag but the SC ruled that it was free speech.

The Confederate flag is also free speech and it says volumes that the racist white supremacist that committed an act of domestic terrorism burned the American flag and waved the Confederate flag.

So there is no misunderstanding as to what speech the Confederate flag actually stands for.

And it gives everyone who sees it very clear image of those who fly that flag.

So I don't want it removed either.

I want those who support it to feel the full brunt of the contempt that the rest of the civilized world feels about racist white supremacists who embrace domestic terrorism.

Gotta wonder if we wont see an explosion of Confederate Battle Flags hanging in front of peoples homes?
It'll be a good indicator of public opinion at the very least.

Absolutely!

And that will identify who should be shunned, mocked and reviled.

And I :salute: Gov Haley and Senator Graham for standing up and speaking out. It is all too rare to see politicians taking a stand on issues of this nation.

So credit where it is due!

Every single time there is an opportunity for this nation to have a real discussion about race and the impact it is having in this country, the media always manages to devert our attention away from it. From the Martin case, from Ferguson and now this non issue shit....Removing that flag will not change the minds of anyone bent on hatred and the worshiping of its purpose. With or without that flag waving in SC, that murderous nut would still have harvest the same hostilities and anger. Its just a symbol, just as the word N**** is just a word. It the minds and what people make of it, that gives the flag, the N word its power. Without our internalizing these symbols, they hold no power over anyone.

I am for keeping the flag. I say this because taking it down, will only increase the anger and bitterness so many white people are harvesting today and its not the whites who will feel the brunt of this gesture, once again black people will have to carry those burdens.

That is why we must, we must divert our attentions back to what is seriously ailing his nation and that is racism and bigotry. Until we collectively sat down and hold real discussions that bring about real changes, we will continue to defuse and minimize what is important for this nation to grow up and finally rid ourselves of the dark past.
While I agree the flag itself really is a non issue, I disagree for the following reasons....

1. Flags are visual symbols. To see the symbol of racism in your face constantly is going to cause distrust.

2. "We" cant talk until they get rid of their racists. Nothing good will come of asking the people who try their best to oppress you to stop trying to oppress you. The people that arent racist dont need a talk.

3. You can talk until you are blue in the face and nothing will change until action is taken to back those talks. We live in a country that basically gave us a slap in the face by giving out reparations to the Japanese but would rather pass a kidney stone than reimburse Blacks.

Last edited:
He had the Rhodesian flag sewn to his jacket. The hate website was The Last Rhodesian. Com. This is about the confederate flag because liberals made it up. It's just more lies.

So you remove it from a museum site.
It's still on bumper stickers, front yard flagpoles, garage walls, window curtains.

Like the OP said, it's the racism and bigoted people (of both races) that is the bigger problem.
That AND mental illness sets people off.
That one particular thing is just a sign of a symptom, not the true disease

It's still on bumper stickers, front yard flagpoles, garage walls, window curtains.

Like the OP said, it's the racism and bigoted people (of both races) that is the bigger problem.
I think you meant government site instead of museum. No one cares if people have it on their personal stuff but it shouldnt be state sanctioned. Or better yet put the Black power flag up right next to it and call it a day.

Not to mention, once you make a big deal out of an inanimate symbol (which gives it power) to remove it from the state house, you get more bumper stickers, yard decorations, T-shirts and such, largely from people who weren't displaying it for racist reasons in the first place.

No excuse for flying terrorist flags on govt buildings. You wanna fly them on your house,you wanna support terrorist groups, you wanna hate on your own country - fine, go ahead. But not on govt buildings.

ISISflag%20copy.jpg

nazi-460x250.jpg

I think you meant government site instead of museum. No one cares if people have it on their personal stuff but it shouldnt be state sanctioned. Or better yet put the Black power flag up right next to it and call it a day.

The kkk types might have it on some cockroach museum.

If its privately owned, fine. They have the right to advertise their hate for their own country.

Just not on govt buildings.

He had the Rhodesian flag sewn to his jacket. The hate website was The Last Rhodesian. Com. This is about the confederate flag because liberals made it up. It's just more lies.

Rhodesia isn't in the US.

Idiot.

No one made up the Civil War, which has been over for 150 years. Time for the terrorists to take it down.

That flag represents traitors to America.

It's the flag of the confederacy. People who tried to leave the union.

Those who fly that flag are showing patriotism to people who aren't patriots to America and killed thousands of Americans to be able leave the union.

If someone hates America enough to fly that flag they should leave our nation. They're traitors to America.

Last edited:
Liberals made up his using the confederate flag as an emblem on his car? Did they make up the photo of him posing with the confederate flag? Do you spend a lot of time in the state of Denial? Do you ever take a vacation from Denial and visit reality?

Forum List

Back