Why the Left loathes Thanksgiving

But I have never heard one of them say that they are leaving the US.

They only say that when it looks like a Republican might become President.

But amazingly, even then they almost never leave.

Chelsea Handler, Miley Cyrus, Jon Stewart, Lena Dunham, Rosie O'Donnell, Snoop Dogg, Amber Rose, Whoopi Goldberg, Neve Campbell (which I find particularly funny as she is not even an American citizen), Al Sharpton (who had been close friends of his for decades before he ran for President), Raven Symone, Keegan-Michael Key, Ne-Yo, Cher, Samuel L. Jackson, Eddie Griffin, Barbara Streisand, George Lopez, Amy Schumer, Bryan Cranston, Bruce Springsteen, Tommy Lee, Omari Hardwick, Chloe Sevigny, and many more said they would leave the country if President Trump was elected.

Well, I watched for 4 years, and not a single one of them left. Just as they never left any other time a Republican was elected President. Or took control of one of both houses of Congress.

To be honest, if anybody says they would leave the country because of an election result, I think they should just go ahead and do it and GTFO. And the fact that so many think that is such a cool thing to say and yet they never do tends to make me consider them all morons and liars.

And Neve Campbell in particular annoys me. She is not a US citizen, so her saying that to me is about as offensive as an American citizen in England or Canada screaming they will move back to the US if an election does not go their way.

This practice of celebrating 'Thanksgiving" is an insult to the Native Americans

Because THEY were the ones who brought the turkey?

Ask-an-Expert-First-Thanksgiving-631.jpg

The Left loathes Thanksgiving.
They enjoy the fruits of living in America too much to leave it.
The truth is that the Left loathes the "Colonizers".
The "Colonizers" were the European Wasps who settled and founded the country and who wrote our constitution.
The Left has been using the term "colonizers" at lot lately.
You can hear Democrat Politicians using this term.
They are who the Left hates.
The Left's antipathy for Thanksgiving is really just thinly veiled cultural hatred.

Petition · Repeal and Abolish Thanksgiving Day · …

This practice of celebrating 'Thanksgiving" is an insult to the Native Americans, an insult to our intelligence, and more especially, an insult to our humanity and COMMONDECENCY. If …

OPINION: We need to stop celebrating colonizers on Thanksgiving ...

18 hours ago · This isn’t to say we should abolish Thanksgiving and throw away all of our traditions. I love eating stuffing, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie as much as the next person. However, I do believe it’s necessary to reframe how we approach the holiday. We can’t change our past, but we can certainly change how we view it.

Thanksgiving Must Be Abolished - The Voice of Monroe, Ohio

Nov 21, 2018 · Thanksgiving is a patriarchal ritual in which white men and their subjugated marital slaves commemorate the mass execution of Indigenous People by consuming the living flesh of innocent animals. It is frankly shocking that any decent person still celebrates this “holiday” in 2018, but I suppose that’s to be expected.

Why Should We Not Celebrate Thanksgiving | Hearinnh

Oct 29, 2022However, there are a number of reasons why we should not celebrate Thanksgiving. To start with, Thanksgiving is a celebration of genocide and colonialism. The holiday is based on a story where Native Americans helped the pilgrims survive, and in return the pilgrims killed and pillaged the Native Americans.

Why have millennials stopped celebrating Thanksgiving? - Salon

Nov 22, 2018although american thanksgiving did not become a federal holiday until president abraham lincoln declared it as one in 1863, amidst the horrors of the civil war, it is most commonly associated...
Cause y/t is da debil muffugah

What the Left needs, Trog, is a high protein, low fat, pressed vegetable soy-based meat-like substance molded into the shape of a bird.

Stick a few feathers in it, pour some vege gravy over it made from fermented brown kelp beds, and the Left will again enjoy turkey day. :smoke:

Some of us probably remember the Everybody Loves Raymond Thanksgiving when Marie made a tofu turkey.

I love Thanksgiving. Easily one of my favorite holidays.

I ignore Leftists because they are miserable all the time and just want others to be miserable with them.

Most gloom and doom comes from Republicans. The rapture ready religious extremists are also negative on the future. MAGA is negative on America.

Conservatives tend to be reactionary. Remember the backlash against science and modernity that brought about the Scopes monkey trial?

Yes. That's because the natives decided not to murder them all.

And, the natives did indeed attack them first.

Pilgrim records say the Nauset attacked once the Pilgrims had pulled their small boat ashore after spending the day exploring along the coast and were camped out near the beach. Although the Pilgrims and Nauset engaged in a brief firefight, there is no record of any deaths or injuries.

Saxine said both sides felt they had won what was the first violent engagement between the Native Americans and the European settlers who would later colonize Plymouth.

“The Mayflower party felt that they had won because the Nauset fighters pulled back after this firefight,” Saxine said. “The Nauset probably felt they had won because the English people sailed away and left them alone.”

Later that day, as the Pilgrims continued their exploration, a storm developed — their boat was blown across Cape Cod Bay to what is now known as Plymouth.

What they found when they arrived was a village that had been decimated by disease. While the Wampanoags considered the site a cursed place of death and tragedy, the Pilgrims saw the deaths of the natives as a sign from God that this was where they should settle.

And so began Plimoth Plantation.

The Wampanoags were suffering from an epidemic, otherwise they would have tried to murder them all as well.

Most gloom and doom comes from Republicans. The rapture ready religious extremists are also negative on the future. MAGA is negative on America.

Conservatives tend to be reactionary. Remember the backlash against science and modernity that brought about the Scopes monkey trial?

Well no, I wasn't alive for the Scopes monkey trial, so I don't remember it.

Actually, The Massachusetts Bay Colony (AKA, the original "Pilgrim Fathers") never had any armed conflicts with Wampanoag people.

There were actually very few conflicts in most of the country with the natives. And most of the ones that did happen were at the instigation of other Europeans. Like the French and English.

The North-East was rather peaceful, and most of the tribes are still on their traditional lands. The same with those around the Great Lakes, and most of those on the West Coast.

It was largely those that were part of the shattered Mississippian Culture that were hostile to the settlers. Most of the tribes welcomed the contact with outsiders, and the trade that came from them. Relatively few tribal groups were hostile, and most of those that were became that way even before Europeans arrived when the Mississippian Culture imploded.

However, some did start to become hostile to others after their examples with those broken tribes. When Lewis and Clark traveled across the country, they got a lot of help from the Shoshone. But a century later when the emigrants started to pass through the area on their way to Oregon and California, they were much more hostile as for decades they had been meeting much more hostile nomadic tribes, like the Lakota.

Yes. That's because the natives decided not to murder them all.

Of course not, they were one of the most civilized tribes on the continent. Even before the Europeans arrived they had largely settled into several confederations, and had no problem sharing the land with others that were not hostile. And in that region, it was the Iroquois Confederacy. But you had the Algonquins and others as well.

Most people tend to be very ignorant of the history of the tribes and the tribes themselves. Not even realizing there were vast differences between them. Trying to compare say the Crow or Lakota to the Shoshone or Mohicans is like comparing the Goths with the Huns. Both came to Europe from Asia, but the Goths were already more settled then the more hostile Huns that ultimately resulted in their being pushed west into Europe.

Of course not, they were one of the most civilized tribes on the continent. Even before the Europeans arrived they had largely settled into several confederations, and had no problem sharing the land with others that were not hostile. And in that region, it was the Iroquois Confederacy. But you had the Algonquins and others as well.

Most people tend to be very ignorant of the history of the tribes and the tribes themselves. Not even realizing there were vast differences between them. Trying to compare say the Crow or Lakota to the Shoshone or Mohicans is like comparing the Goths with the Huns. Both came to Europe from Asia, but the Goths were already more settled then the more hostile Huns that ultimately resulted in their being pushed west into Europe.

lol no, they weren't. They were just weakened by disease to put up a decent fight at the time is all. The 'Civilized Tribes' wiped out other tribes all the time and were doing so long before any white people ever showed up. A few survived to tell the stories, most didn't.

And most of the ones that did happen were at the instigation of other Europeans. Like the French and English.

Traders never had a problem finding natives to mass murder other natives for a trade musket and a few kegs of booze. Europeans didn't create that willingness, it was already there before Europeans got here.

Their geopolitics and motivations were not fundamentally any different than any other peoples around the globe were. In fact, the Spanish had no problems finding some 200,000 native allies to fight with them against the hated Aztecs.

Last edited:
The Left loathes Thanksgiving.
They enjoy the fruits of living in America too much to leave it.
The truth is that the Left loathes the "Colonizers".
The "Colonizers" were the European Wasps who settled and founded the country and who wrote our constitution.
The Left has been using the term "colonizers" at lot lately.
You can hear Democrat Politicians using this term.
They are who the Left hates.
The Left's antipathy for Thanksgiving is really just thinly veiled cultural hatred.

Petition · Repeal and Abolish Thanksgiving Day · …

This practice of celebrating 'Thanksgiving" is an insult to the Native Americans, an insult to our intelligence, and more especially, an insult to our humanity and COMMONDECENCY. If …

OPINION: We need to stop celebrating colonizers on Thanksgiving ...

18 hours ago · This isn’t to say we should abolish Thanksgiving and throw away all of our traditions. I love eating stuffing, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie as much as the next person. However, I do believe it’s necessary to reframe how we approach the holiday. We can’t change our past, but we can certainly change how we view it.

Thanksgiving Must Be Abolished - The Voice of Monroe, Ohio

Nov 21, 2018 · Thanksgiving is a patriarchal ritual in which white men and their subjugated marital slaves commemorate the mass execution of Indigenous People by consuming the living flesh of innocent animals. It is frankly shocking that any decent person still celebrates this “holiday” in 2018, but I suppose that’s to be expected.

Why Should We Not Celebrate Thanksgiving | Hearinnh

Oct 29, 2022However, there are a number of reasons why we should not celebrate Thanksgiving. To start with, Thanksgiving is a celebration of genocide and colonialism. The holiday is based on a story where Native Americans helped the pilgrims survive, and in return the pilgrims killed and pillaged the Native Americans.

Why have millennials stopped celebrating Thanksgiving? - Salon

Nov 22, 2018although american thanksgiving did not become a federal holiday until president abraham lincoln declared it as one in 1863, amidst the horrors of the civil war, it is most commonly associated...
What doesn't the Left hate that is truly American?

Forum List

Back