Why schools in the United States should not re-open this fall.

Three Arizona teachers who shared a classroom got coronavirus. One of them died
By Jennifer Henderson, CNN 1 hr ago

Three teachers who shared a summer classroom at a school in Arizona all contracted coronavirus last month, leaving one of them dead.

Kimberley Chavez Lopez Byrd, 61, died June 26, less than two weeks after she was hospitalized. The other two teachers -- Jena Martinez and Angela Skillings -- said they're still struggling with the effects of the virus that has killed nearly 135,000 people nationwide.

All three teachers wore masks and gloves, used hand sanitizer and socially distanced, but still got sick, according to school officials at the small community in the eastern part of the state.

Gregorich reiterated the three teachers were careful and still got Covid-19.

I think that's really the message or the concern that our staff has is we can't even keep our staff safe by themselves ... how are we going to keep 20 kids in a classroom safe? I just don't see how that's possible to do that," he said.

Byrd said reopening schools will put people in their small community at risk and he does not want to see other families go through a similar experience.

"Many grandparents, wind up being caretakers to kids when they get off school- mom and dad are working and a lot of grandparents are even raising their grandchildren. So, many of these grandparents fall into this high risk category of being older with more health issues," he said.

"They have no business opening the schools to try and get back to a traditional classroom ... let's get through this pandemic first before we try to get back to normal."

Really... the 61 year old teacher died. My mother retired before that.

So for how long? 10 years closed? Should we just allow an entire generation of kids grow up unable to do math?

What is your plan exactly.

1. Reduce the daily infection rate to levels that are low enough for contact tracers to be able to follow and do their investigations which involve testing, questioning and isolating people.

2. You reduce the daily infection rate by isolating everyone as much as possible and remaining in isolation until the number of infections drop to a level that can be managed.

3. Its what New Zealand and TAIWAN did. They are the proof that it is possible.

4. The longer the United States waits to go into the lock down mode, the longer it will have to stay in lock down mode to defeat the virus.

5. Until the virus is defeated, the U.S. economy will NEVER RECOVER!

I'm just going to respond to 4 and 5, because those are really the crux of the matter.

This is where the problem is. You want to shut down the planet, until the virus is defeated.

You will never defeat this virus. Never. Covid-19 will never disappear. Hasn't in New Zealand, won't here.

And this is where we simply have to defeat people like you politically.

Because you would destroy millions on millions of people, to try and eliminate a virus that will never be eliminated.

Can we eliminate the flu? Should we shut down the planet for the flu?

Because think about it..... We have vaccines for the flu. We have tested and proven treatments for the flu. The flu is LESS contagious than Covid-19.

Less contagious, tested treatments, and we have a vaccine.

Why have we not eliminated the flu? Why have we not stamped out the flu?

Yet you want us to shut down the country for a virus that is more contiguous, that we have not had decades of tested treatments for, that we have no vaccine for.

That is suicide. No. Sorry. We are *WILL* reopen the economy. We are not your slaves. You are not our masters. We live in a country based on freedom. And you don't get to tell everyone else that they have to end their entire lives, because you are scared of a little virus.

Sorry. Tough snot. We get to vote too. And I'll be voting against any politician that continues the lock down. I'm glad you made that post though, because you effectively are advertisement for Trump.

You are the reason we need to vote Trump. I hope he wins, and I hope he ends this dumb lockdown.

1. The seasonal flu is not the covid-19 virus. Anyone can get the annual seasonal flu shot and avoid dying from the flu. There is no vaccine yet for Covid-19 and it has a death rate 45 times that of seasonal flu. Unfortunately, you don't understand these differences which is why you bring up seasonal flu.

2. You can rebuild and economy of a country a city anything. Japan rebuild Hiroshima which was NUKED in August 1945. By 1958, Hiroshima was larger and wealthier than it had been in 1945 before it was nuked.

3. What you can't do, is bring back people who have died from covid-19. You can bring back the economy, but you can't bring back the people that have died.

4. The economy will remain in recession as long as the covid-19 virus is not contained. The only path to a better economy is by containing and defeating the virus.

5. New Zealand and TAIWAN have defeated the virus. The few active cases they still have are not relevant and are easily controlled by contact tracing.

6. NEW ZEALAN AND TAIWAN ARE THE BEST EXAMPLE OF HOW TO HANDLE THE VIRUS! THEY HAVE PROVED THE VIRUS CAN BE DEFEATED! The few active cases each country has are under control.

Your flu shot bullshit is just that. Two years ago, both my wife and daughter received flu shots. About a month or so later, my daughter almost has to be hospitalized with the flu. A few days later, without any contact with her, my wife came down with the flu. They both told the doctors they had taken the flu shots. Their response was that the flu they had wasn't anticipated so it was not contained in the flu shot.

The Feds can provide funds directly to families so they can use them on private schools and charter schools. I’m not paying that union or it’s members a dime.

I don't think that would be within the realm of possibility.

Private schools and charter schools are still schools. If schools are ordered closed, well, there ya' go...
Schools aren’t ordered closed. Their unions are demanding they close. It’s no different than a strike. So fuck em. No classes no money. No teaching no more union contract. Destroy them now.
Where did you dig up that bullshit? Schools were ordered closed by their governors in most cases. Why do make up suck outlandish lies?

In my state, teachers worked on-line and that takes more hours and more effort than being in the classroom.
Then you and your governor can pay them without any federal money.

And one more thing. All that bullshit about online university degrees not being as valuable or as good as the on campus ones? You just butt fucked that entire scam. If you can do online for the Kung Flu without sacrificing quality then you can do it all the time. And you can do it with 1/3 the teachers and 1/10 the administrators.

So keep talking teachers. The more you do the more obvious it becomes just how worthless your institutions and unions are.

Federal money goes to special education and poor students. Your typical run of the mill student does not see one cent of federal funds. If you knew anything about education you would not come across as a stupid jerk!

Those on-line university degrees and a buck will get you McDonald's soft drink and that us about it. Teachers who got their Master's on-line were considered fucking jokes by real teachers. My daughter-in-law got an on-line degree from the University of Phoenix and could not get an interview as a police officer because they considered it worthless. Now, even the VA will not allow you to take classes there. They are a scam of the highest order. The VA even gave her back her educational benefits because they were ripped off!
So all those billions of dollars going to the dept of Ed are just for retards and the poor. Good to know. Then you won’t miss it when we stop sending it. After all it doesn’t have any effect on the average student right?

And you done fucked yourself on online courses you moron. If it’s good enough so you can avoid the fucking Flu it’s good enough for everyone all the time.

And that holier than though bullshit you spouted about your daughter? That’s the reason you fucks need taken down a notch. You aren’t the end all be all to education. You’ve been doing a shit job of it for decades yet still think you’re special. You aren’t. Look at the shit you’ve produced running around rioting and looting. Not only should you be fired you should be made a spectacle of in the public square.

But fear not. As you’re thrown in the trash you can still be talking about how special you are.

Tell me where I was wrong instead of beating off against a wall, you fucking dumbass!

I retired as a teacher and now work for a defense contractor. Shove that up your ass and rotate on it!

Re-opening schools in the United States this fall, could double the infection and death rate in the country.
Why can we not hire student teachers? Aged 21-25 and have them monitor the classroom and learns as regular teachers teach via Zoom? 40% of students in LA didn’t do a lick of work once restrictions started. This causes depression and suicidal tendencies in some kids and laziness and lack of work ethic in many. There has to be a middle ground and I do not believe that deaths would double. My kids are hanging with friends daily in massive groups.

Trump, your glorified leader whom you plan to vote for said covid 19 would disappear by April. You continue to push his ideas and thinking which have been wrong failed this country at every point in this crises. 140,000 dead Americans are not enough for you to reverse course and actually support policy that would defeat the virus.
Mistakes happen. 140k dead is tragic but we have millions of kids at stake. We need to find a solution that works and now cower under our beds. The ideas I push are my own. I did not bring up Trump, you did, such is life when you suffer from TDS as you do. The disease doesn’t kill or even impact people under 25. There is a solution here.

We have other things that take out the population......

1. Lung cancer...due to smoking about 150 K.
2. The flu about 40 k
3. Drunk drivers.

If the Northeast has not fucked up so badly at the start, we'd have much lower numbers.

Hell, NY on a good day is still barely better than AZ on a bad day.

Shit happens....people die.

Don't forget heart disease, which kills someone every 37 seconds, in the US alone.

These phonies here don't give a rat's @ss about people dying. If they did, they would care about the numerous other causes of death that are preventable.

They suddenly care about human lives because the TV brainwashed them to, and because it's political for them.

Ok, People in Taiwan still die of heart disease, but they rarely die of covid-19. A country of 25 million and only 7 people have died from covid 19. That shows that something can be done against covid-19 to save lives and the United States could be doing it, but its not.

People are dying from Covid-19 in the United States when they shouldn't be. IF the United States had done what TAIWAN did, we would only have 100 deaths instead of 140,000 deaths and COUNTING!

The death count is completely untrustworthy, in fact it's a joke. This has been explained numerous times on threads.

You really have no idea what is actually going on. All I ever see you do is regurgitate establishment propaganda. If I sound harsh, it's because I'm tired of useful dupes helping the criminals behind this psyop, which is destroying the world.... intentionally. In order to bring in new systems, the old must be destroyed. You are helping them.

Great, another conspiracy theorist. Let me guess, you believe the Trade Towers were an inside job and Snowden is your hero?

If anything, the 140,000 death total in the United States is an undercount, by 20,000+. Thank God your types won't be running the country after November 3, 2020!

Even your use of the term 'conspiracy theorist' shows what a brainwashed bootlicker you are. Unlike you, I'm just a person who asks questions and can see through BS. I don't automatically believe whatever I'm spoon-fed by corrupt powers and their mouthpiece, the msm.

So go back to the idiot box, and go back to thinking there's nothing wrong in the world (other than the scary pandemic!) and that the government and media are trustworthy. lol

Wonderful. In the meantime, I'll help Biden get elected President and the Democrats win the House and Senate and you can chase after aliens or find out who really killed J.F.K.

Yeah, the fact that you would vote for an establishment creep like Biden really isn't something to be proud of. You are even more brainwashed than I thought, the more I hear you speak. People like you are the reason why we're losing our republic. You are blind as it gets, and you eagerly do the bidding of the criminals who are destroying this world, through the use of fear, lies and deception.

If Joe Biden were in charge, he would have already bitten off the end of his tongue trying to say Covid.

Don't worry, Biden will be in charge starting January 20, 2021. I wonder where your state of Arizona will be on January 20, 2021 in terms of infections and deaths. BIDEN will save a lot of lives in your state.

Biden thinks Arizona is still a territory full of Indians.

...1. Money is material, very material. People need to get back to work to survive, AND children need to be protected...
If it is a choice between you going broke and your child staying alive, I choose your child's life, every time.

If you can protect children adequately then re-open a particular school, but don't issue a blanket E.O. threatening to pull funding even if your school board says it's unsafe.
Prove that if your child goes to a classroom its a death sentence.
I can prove that if the parents don't go to work they can't survive.

Its the school board's job to provide a safe learning environment, period.
Trump is saying do your job and stop whining.

So what? I don't care if a few Marxist indoctrinator's vapor lock, open the fucking schools, and if need be fire every fucking one of them and replace them with people who will teach!
Funny how those who are not in harms way have a lot to say. Im an educator, you go teach and take the risk. Better yet go to a hospital and work in the covid ward. I know two who are deadof covid and to who are No mask wearing trump supporters who refuse to wear a mask who are now on ventilators. Get out of your emotions and make comments based of facts. No stupid comments.

This explains why US students are so much dumber than international students.

Why? Because they speak their language better that the immigrants and minorities in the US? Could that possible be the reason?

Funny how those who are not in harms way have a lot to say. Im an educator, you go teach and take the risk. Better yet go to a hospital and work in the covid ward. I know two who are deadof covid and to who are No mask wearing trump supporters who refuse to wear a mask who are now on ventilators. Get out of your emotions and make comments based of facts. No stupid comments.

Sorry I am calling bull shit, if you are a educator I wouldn't want my kids in your class.
I think you are full of shit, your first reply you make it clear who you are and what you are here for.
Learn to use the quote function please.

Three teachers who shared a summer classroom at a school in Arizona all contracted coronavirus last month, leaving one of them dead.

Kimberley Chavez Lopez Byrd, 61, died June 26, less than two weeks after she was hospitalized. The other two teachers -- Jena Martinez and Angela Skillings -- said they're still struggling with the effects of the virus that has killed nearly 135,000 people nationwide.

All three teachers wore masks and gloves, used hand sanitizer and socially distanced, but still got sick, according to school officials at the small community in the eastern part of the state.

I think that's really the message or the concern that our staff has is we can't even keep our staff safe by themselves ... how are we going to keep 20 kids in a classroom safe? I just don't see how that's possible to do that," he said.

Byrd said reopening schools will put people in their small community at risk and he does not want to see other families go through a similar experience.

"Many grandparents, wind up being caretakers to kids when they get off school- mom and dad are working and a lot of grandparents are even raising their grandchildren. So, many of these grandparents fall into this high risk category of being older with more health issues," he said.

"They have no business opening the schools to try and get back to a traditional classroom ... let's get through this pandemic first before we try to get back to normal."

Clueless.

Better off economically? Of course not.

Better off physically? Absolutely.

Being topside of the grass is always 'better off' than being below it, eh?

If it saves the life of one precious child, I don't care if ten thousand people lose their jobs or have to stay home or go bankrupt or are foreclosed on.

Or ten million.

The lives of children are far more important than such secondary considerations.

You can always rebuild an economic position.

You cannot give back life to a dead child.

Even you know that's 100% malarkey.

The CHILDREN is the last stop before the far-left throws down the RACE CARD!

Of course there is an allowable number of fatalities, there are in everything. If there were not, then your speed limit on all expressways would be 25 mph and traffic signals would be replaced with four way stops.
Stop arguing in support of actions and behaviors that put the lives of children at risk.

Your willingness to laugh at such cautions, and your willingness to (attempt, and fail to) defend against such cautions, tells me that you are scum.

Now... phukk-off, scum... send your OWN children or grandchildren to a public school COVID incubator... you can't have mine, you piece of $hit.
While I agree with your assessment of our dysfunctional and overpriced public schools, I don't agree with your conclusion. You're not considering the many unintended consequences created by shutdowns and their accompanying economic and psychological degradation.
To the Devil with accompanying economic and psychological degradations... such fine distinctions go out the window if it saves the lives of little children.
And how do you know that we won't all have to confront this virus and either sink or swim. Maybe that's the only way to end this thing. And if herd immunity is the answer, the youth will have to lead the way. Hiding in the house is definitely not the solution unless your solution is to destroy freedom, prosperity and everything else this country strives for. The unintended consequence of sheltering the children will be destroying the children.

Should all grocery stores be closed because store workers got corona and died.

Police officers died of Corona so abolish all cops

People in the military died of corona so give away all the weapons.

Keep snorting that heroin doofy
So you're okay with spreading the pandemic without consideration of children, teachers, parents and the wider community? Students spend 6 hours inside. That's long enough to contact the virus. Grocers wear masks, but not enough customers do. Do you?

This is a typical left wing response.

It's loaded with connections that do not exist or really don't matter.

People are getting pissed at anyone who sneezes even though allergies are very high in some areas.
If people don't want to send their kids to school....fine.

If teachers don't want to teach fine (but don't pay them).

I am sure we can find qualified replacements.
The choice for teachers is your health and the health of your family, or your job. And you believe this should be the rationale for opening schools before we control this pandemic. Why did you choose to check both your common sense and your empathy at the door?

We all face it and it's really up to parents (but I forgot you left wingers are all disciples of Al "I what's best" Gore). Choice is only useful as long as people make the choice you want.

What is it that you think you actually know something and worse yet try to fool others into thinking the same.

Do you have an example of a school where it was spread ?
As the schools were shut down by responsible people in March, and less responsible people in May, there has not, thank God, been the chance for spread in schools. But using that to justify an unsafe opening is specious.

The age of COVID-19 patients has been dropping because younger people have been irresponsible when it comes to social distancing and hygiene.

Are you willing to test your expert public health theories on school kids?

In other words, you don't have one.

So you're okay with spreading the pandemic without consideration of children, teachers, parents and the wider community? Students spend 6 hours inside. That's long enough to contact the virus. Grocers wear masks, but not enough customers do. Do you?

How many Children died from China Virus this year?

Now tell us how many children died of the Flu this year?

You don't think far enough to realize your worry is irrational.

Such a fucking idiot.
It's not about kids dying.
It's about kids being super-spreaders, creating an exponential community spread that their local/regional hospitals may not be able to handle or control.
We don't want them to become death panels, deciding who gets care/breathing machines and who doesn't.
And not just hospitals but doctors and nurses in private practice being overwhelmed.
“Super spreaders” and other buzz words such as worst case scenario have all failed to materialize and are solely in play to induce do nothing and hide panic
Kind of like the global warming that isn't happening
Was watching All In The Family and Mike rattled off 4 “scientists say in 10-20 years” and NONE of it happened nor has happened nor is happening.
Projective disaster via worst case scenario is a liberal staple
You can see the statistics, right? Are you going to deny the exponential growth of the pandemic in America? In Brazil? Wait til it hits India.

It's already in India.

They seem to be having a hard time with it.

It must be impossible to control it in a nation with so many people.

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 6.09.09 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 6.09.22 AM.png

If it saves the life of one precious child, I don't care if ten thousand people lose their jobs or have to stay home or go bankrupt or are foreclosed on.

Or ten million.

The lives of children are far more important than such secondary considerations.

Of course there is an allowable number of fatalities, there are in everything. If there were not, then your speed limit on all expressways would be 25 mph and traffic signals would be replaced with four way stops.
Stop arguing in support of actions and behaviors that put the lives of children at risk.

Your willingness to laugh at such cautions, and your willingness to (attempt, and fail to) defend against such cautions, tells me that you are scum.

Now... phukk-off, scum... send your OWN children or grandchildren to a public school COVID incubator... you can't have mine, you piece of $hit.
COVID is not placing children at risk. They are FAR more likely to be killed from the flu and that IS a fact. Opening the schools is not a matter of risk to children, it is a matter of risk to faculty.

Or ten million.

COVID is not placing children at risk. They are FAR more likely to be killed from the flu and that IS a fact. Opening the schools is not a matter of risk to children, it is a matter of risk to faculty.
So have the dopey teachers teach from home

Problem solved

I am not so sure the schools should ever reopen. This should certainly not be something republicans try to ram through.

I am not so sure the schools should ever reopen. This should certainly not be something republicans try to ram through.
Duh

61 years old ?

61 years old ?

61 years old ?

Are people to stupid to understand what a "high risk group" is ?

The United States is just as much of an island as TAIWAN. So no, TAIWAN does not have any advantage over the United States.

Oh please stop embarrassing yourself with your UTTERLY MYOPIC PARTISAN BULLSHIT. You are not convincing ANYONE here but yourself. By your tortured idiot definition, EVERY FUCKING COUNTRY ON THE PLANET is an island! There is NO comparison between the two, they are on opposite sides of the world with totally different ways and population and laws, probably totally different biogenetic circumstances plus probably even a different strain of the virus!

And they literally ARE an island, with no more area to control than about that of what, Vermont or New Hampshire?!

View attachment 362746

Your arguments are a laughable, embarrassing joke.

I peeked at his post.

Told ya !

Last edited:

How many Children died from China Virus this year?

Now tell us how many children died of the Flu this year?

You don't think far enough to realize your worry is irrational.

Such a fucking idiot.
It's not about kids dying.
It's about kids being super-spreaders, creating an exponential community spread that their local/regional hospitals may not be able to handle or control.
We don't want them to become death panels, deciding who gets care/breathing machines and who doesn't.
And not just hospitals but doctors and nurses in private practice being overwhelmed.
“Super spreaders” and other buzz words such as worst case scenario have all failed to materialize and are solely in play to induce do nothing and hide panic
Kind of like the global warming that isn't happening
Was watching All In The Family and Mike rattled off 4 “scientists say in 10-20 years” and NONE of it happened nor has happened nor is happening.
Projective disaster via worst case scenario is a liberal staple
You can see the statistics, right? Are you going to deny the exponential growth of the pandemic in America? In Brazil? Wait til it hits India.

It's already in India.

They seem to be having a hard time with it.

It must be impossible to control it in a nation with so many people.

View attachment 362762View attachment 362763
The more cases the better

There should be infection sites that people can go to to guarantee getting covid

Really... the 61 year old teacher died. My mother retired before that.

So for how long? 10 years closed? Should we just allow an entire generation of kids grow up unable to do math?

What is your plan exactly.

1. Reduce the daily infection rate to levels that are low enough for contact tracers to be able to follow and do their investigations which involve testing, questioning and isolating people.

2. You reduce the daily infection rate by isolating everyone as much as possible and remaining in isolation until the number of infections drop to a level that can be managed.

3. Its what New Zealand and TAIWAN did. They are the proof that it is possible.

4. The longer the United States waits to go into the lock down mode, the longer it will have to stay in lock down mode to defeat the virus.

5. Until the virus is defeated, the U.S. economy will NEVER RECOVER!
Sweden didn’t isolate at all. How is Sweden doing?

Sweden was slow and pulled a Cuomo (killed a lot of people in old folks homes). They were a lot worse than Norway or Denmark, but they have a critical mass in their population those two countries don't have (in terms of concentration....much like New York).

They are now in single digits.

View attachment 362675
11 deaths on July 10, 2020 is not single digits. Sweden still has the 7th highest death rate per capita and they are surrounded by countries like Norway, Finland, and Denmark that did proper lock downs which benefit Sweden.
Nope. And we don’t know long term effects yet. Sweden is likely at heard immunity and never shot down. Their economy remained much stronger than its neighbors and “proper lock downs” is subjective. Every country has said that they would
NOT shut down again if a 2nd wave hits, meaning they believe the initial lockdown was over the top.

New Topics

Forum List

Back