Why schools in the United States should not re-open this fall.

Three Arizona teachers who shared a classroom got coronavirus. One of them died
By Jennifer Henderson, CNN 1 hr ago

Three teachers who shared a summer classroom at a school in Arizona all contracted coronavirus last month, leaving one of them dead.

Kimberley Chavez Lopez Byrd, 61, died June 26, less than two weeks after she was hospitalized. The other two teachers -- Jena Martinez and Angela Skillings -- said they're still struggling with the effects of the virus that has killed nearly 135,000 people nationwide.

All three teachers wore masks and gloves, used hand sanitizer and socially distanced, but still got sick, according to school officials at the small community in the eastern part of the state.

Gregorich reiterated the three teachers were careful and still got Covid-19.

I think that's really the message or the concern that our staff has is we can't even keep our staff safe by themselves ... how are we going to keep 20 kids in a classroom safe? I just don't see how that's possible to do that," he said.

Byrd said reopening schools will put people in their small community at risk and he does not want to see other families go through a similar experience.

"Many grandparents, wind up being caretakers to kids when they get off school- mom and dad are working and a lot of grandparents are even raising their grandchildren. So, many of these grandparents fall into this high risk category of being older with more health issues," he said.

"They have no business opening the schools to try and get back to a traditional classroom ... let's get through this pandemic first before we try to get back to normal."

My kids wont be going to school even if the schools open unless if the virus is contained. Fuck Devos and stupid fat orange master.

So what? I don't care if a few Marxist indoctrinator's vapor lock, open the fucking schools, and if need be fire every fucking one of them and replace them with people who will teach!
Funny how those who are not in harms way have a lot to say. Im an educator, you go teach and take the risk. Better yet go to a hospital and work in the covid ward. I know two who are deadof covid and to who are No mask wearing trump supporters who refuse to wear a mask who are now on ventilators. Get out of your emotions and make comments based of facts. No stupid comments.

Three teachers who shared a summer classroom at a school in Arizona all contracted coronavirus last month, leaving one of them dead.

Kimberley Chavez Lopez Byrd, 61, died June 26, less than two weeks after she was hospitalized. The other two teachers -- Jena Martinez and Angela Skillings -- said they're still struggling with the effects of the virus that has killed nearly 135,000 people nationwide.

All three teachers wore masks and gloves, used hand sanitizer and socially distanced, but still got sick, according to school officials at the small community in the eastern part of the state.

I think that's really the message or the concern that our staff has is we can't even keep our staff safe by themselves ... how are we going to keep 20 kids in a classroom safe? I just don't see how that's possible to do that," he said.

Byrd said reopening schools will put people in their small community at risk and he does not want to see other families go through a similar experience.

"Many grandparents, wind up being caretakers to kids when they get off school- mom and dad are working and a lot of grandparents are even raising their grandchildren. So, many of these grandparents fall into this high risk category of being older with more health issues," he said.

"They have no business opening the schools to try and get back to a traditional classroom ... let's get through this pandemic first before we try to get back to normal."

Really... the 61 year old teacher died. My mother retired before that.

So for how long? 10 years closed? Should we just allow an entire generation of kids grow up unable to do math?

What is your plan exactly.

1. Reduce the daily infection rate to levels that are low enough for contact tracers to be able to follow and do their investigations which involve testing, questioning and isolating people.

2. You reduce the daily infection rate by isolating everyone as much as possible and remaining in isolation until the number of infections drop to a level that can be managed.

3. Its what New Zealand and TAIWAN did. They are the proof that it is possible.

4. The longer the United States waits to go into the lock down mode, the longer it will have to stay in lock down mode to defeat the virus.

5. Until the virus is defeated, the U.S. economy will NEVER RECOVER!

I'm just going to respond to 4 and 5, because those are really the crux of the matter.

This is where the problem is. You want to shut down the planet, until the virus is defeated.

You will never defeat this virus. Never. Covid-19 will never disappear. Hasn't in New Zealand, won't here.

And this is where we simply have to defeat people like you politically.

Because you would destroy millions on millions of people, to try and eliminate a virus that will never be eliminated.

Can we eliminate the flu? Should we shut down the planet for the flu?

Because think about it..... We have vaccines for the flu. We have tested and proven treatments for the flu. The flu is LESS contagious than Covid-19.

Less contagious, tested treatments, and we have a vaccine.

Why have we not eliminated the flu? Why have we not stamped out the flu?

Yet you want us to shut down the country for a virus that is more contiguous, that we have not had decades of tested treatments for, that we have no vaccine for.

That is suicide. No. Sorry. We are *WILL* reopen the economy. We are not your slaves. You are not our masters. We live in a country based on freedom. And you don't get to tell everyone else that they have to end their entire lives, because you are scared of a little virus.

Sorry. Tough snot. We get to vote too. And I'll be voting against any politician that continues the lock down. I'm glad you made that post though, because you effectively are advertisement for Trump.

You are the reason we need to vote Trump. I hope he wins, and I hope he ends this dumb lockdown.

1. The seasonal flu is not the covid-19 virus. Anyone can get the annual seasonal flu shot and avoid dying from the flu. There is no vaccine yet for Covid-19 and it has a death rate 45 times that of seasonal flu. Unfortunately, you don't understand these differences which is why you bring up seasonal flu.

2. You can rebuild and economy of a country a city anything. Japan rebuild Hiroshima which was NUKED in August 1945. By 1958, Hiroshima was larger and wealthier than it had been in 1945 before it was nuked.

3. What you can't do, is bring back people who have died from covid-19. You can bring back the economy, but you can't bring back the people that have died.

4. The economy will remain in recession as long as the covid-19 virus is not contained. The only path to a better economy is by containing and defeating the virus.

5. New Zealand and TAIWAN have defeated the virus. The few active cases they still have are not relevant and are easily controlled by contact tracing.

6. NEW ZEALAN AND TAIWAN ARE THE BEST EXAMPLE OF HOW TO HANDLE THE VIRUS! THEY HAVE PROVED THE VIRUS CAN BE DEFEATED! The few active cases each country has are under control.

You are still missing the point. I know exactly what I'm talking about, you don't.

You said we should close down until we eradicate the virus.

Well the Flu is less contagious, and we do have vaccines, and we have years of treatment experience.

Why have we not been able to eradicate the flu?

If we can't eradicate the flu, when we have vaccines, and it less contagious, why would you think we'd be able to eradicate Covid-19?

ZOMG!!!! One person died!! Let's shut the country!!
Lets not get cought up in the party lies. White liberals and conservatives who are non racist performers are culpable. White Supremacy no matter what political party is the enemy!!

So what? I don't care if a few Marxist indoctrinator's vapor lock, open the fucking schools, and if need be fire every fucking one of them and replace them with people who will teach!
Funny how those who are not in harms way have a lot to say. Im an educator, you go teach and take the risk. Better yet go to a hospital and work in the covid ward. I know two who are deadof covid and to who are No mask wearing trump supporters who refuse to wear a mask who are now on ventilators. Get out of your emotions and make comments based of facts. No stupid comments.

This explains why US students are so much dumber than international students.

My kids wont be going to school even if the schools open unless if the virus is contained. Fuck Devos and stupid fat orange master.

Works for me. Screw your own kids over for life, over your virus terror.

That'll teach the Secretary of Education Devos and President Trump a lesson!

The common cold and flu haven't been contained as yet so I guess your kids are going to be competing with you for dishwashing job at Denny's!

Sorry I am calling bull shit, if you are a educator I wouldn't want my kids in your class.
I think you are full of shit, your first reply you make it clear who you are and what you are here for.

That'll teach the Secretary of Education Devos and President Trump a lesson!

The common cold and flu haven't been contained as yet so I guess your kids are going to be competing with you for dishwashing job at Denny's!
Reminds me of a financial counselor who had an angry guy tell him he wasn't going to use the companies 401K program, because they didn't have a big company match.

The counselor said "Yeah that'll show those rich executives! You'll be poor and impoverished when you retire, and there isn't anything they can do to stop you!"

Issa Be sure to let us know your kids names, so when ours are running the companies, we can put a good referral when they need someone to empty the trash cans.

So you want your kids to grow up to be as stupid as you.
What the fuck are you going to do when they shut down the farmers?
You have to no this is all bull shit, if not you cant fix that kind of stupid.

0.4 to 0.5 would be less than half of a percent. covid's mortality when expanded to the American public is a mere fraction of that.
1/2 of 1% looks like this. 0.005

95528711-592418018037005-4706346900062732288-n.jpg
Exactly.lol

Keeping kids out of school for a year is NOT THE END OF THEIR EDUCATION! First things, first, you kill the virus, then you send the kids back to school.

You send kids back to school when it is SAFE to do so. You wouldn't send kids to school in a Hurricane, Tornado, Air Raid, or a Nuclear attack would you? You hunker down, Isolate, defeat the virus, then restart the schools.

So you think that the kids just teach themselves?

You actually believe there are no adults there who aren't at risk for the virus?

Wow.

You seem to also think that it's ok to infect kids who will get very sick and possibly die or have life long problems because of the virus simply because a high rate of them won't experience that.

Wow.

You also don't seem to understand that the kids who don't have a hard time with it will spread it to everyone in their homes and wherever they go thus causing the virus to keep spreading through the nation making it nearly impossible to control and eradicate. Causing much more harm to our nation and our people.

Wow.

Your excuses and rationalizations are lame.

Beyond lame, more like a threat to public health.
1300 Americans die from tobacco every day, and no one gives a krap
Yeah and the government doesn’t go and shut Businesses down then sheesh.

Should all grocery stores be closed because store workers got corona and died.

Police officers died of Corona so abolish all cops

People in the military died of corona so give away all the weapons.

Keep snorting that heroin doofy
So you're okay with spreading the pandemic without consideration of children, teachers, parents and the wider community? Students spend 6 hours inside. That's long enough to contact the virus. Grocers wear masks, but not enough customers do. Do you?

How many Children died from China Virus this year?

Now tell us how many children died of the Flu this year?

You don't think far enough to realize your worry is irrational.

Such a fucking idiot.
It's not about kids dying.
It's about kids being super-spreaders, creating an exponential community spread that their local/regional hospitals may not be able to control.
LOL .03 are dead from covid. .1 always die from the flu

Wake up sucker
Indeed.lol

I bet the bootlicking brainwashed sheep here who are cheerleading for this psyop didn't even know that propaganda is legal now. And they probably don't understand how fear has always been used as a tool by corrupt powers, as a way to manipulate and control the public.

*I really shouldn't use the word sheep, because sheep are actually intelligent animals, contrary to what most people assume. So I don't want to insult sheep by likening them to the useful idiots on this thread.

So who's to say why they got it and from where? Maybe the entire state should be evacuated.
Don't you idiots ever get sick and tired of this kind of drivel?
Like the op and the others that have his same warped opinion.lol

Keeping kids out of school for a year is NOT THE END OF THEIR EDUCATION! First things, first, you kill the virus, then you send the kids back to school.

You send kids back to school when it is SAFE to do so. You wouldn't send kids to school in a Hurricane, Tornado, Air Raid, or a Nuclear attack would you? You hunker down, Isolate, defeat the virus, then restart the schools.

You actually believe there are no adults there who aren't at risk for the virus?

Wow.

You seem to also think that it's ok to infect kids who will get very sick and possibly die or have life long problems because of the virus simply because a high rate of them won't experience that.

Wow.

You also don't seem to understand that the kids who don't have a hard time with it will spread it to everyone in their homes and wherever they go thus causing the virus to keep spreading through the nation making it nearly impossible to control and eradicate. Causing much more harm to our nation and our people.

Wow.

Not one single healthy child in America died of covid, those that did had organ failure or cancer before getting covid

So yea schools should open, if the faggot teachers union objects they can find employment elsewhere

I couldn't get past the lie in the first sentence.

When I encounter a lie, I stop reading. I don't believe anything after the lie so there's no reason to keep reading.

By lying you violated the 8th commandment. Shame on you.

You are totally beyond sick. You seem to believe it's ok to kill a child who has preexisting conditions.

How pro life of you.

Your statement is nothing but a lie.

There are many other perfectly healthy children who have died of the virus.

I find it disgusting that you don't believe that we need to protect the most vulnerable in our nation. Children with health problems who will probably die if they contracted the disease. You don't seem to have any problem with that.

You have no right to kill a child simply for your own personal, political or economic gain.

How about you sacrifice your child before you demand someone sacrifice theirs?

And you claim to be a christian.

Your god and jesus may forgive you but I won't. Neither would the parents of those kids. Or the kids of parents who died because you sent the kids to school to get the virus to bring home to kill their parents.

You aren't a real christian. No matter what you say or post. You are a fake christian who makes all real christian look bad. You use the christian god and his son to your own personal convenience and benefit.

You may be able to lie about yourself here on earth but when you die and meet up with St. Peter, he's going to laugh at you in your face then send you straight to hell. Where you belong.
Simple, if you have pre existing conditions and don't feel safe, stay home.

Tell that to the thousands of people who work in the schools.

That is such a stupid and irresponsible statement.

So you're perfectly fine with children getting that virus then spreading it around all over the place to kill more people, do more harm to our nation and economy and keep it raging out of control.

Take a science class or read a book. A virus doesn't just stay in one place in one person. It spreads.

All of this started with just ONE person in china. One person had the virus and spread it so that it's now a pandemic. It's out of control in America, Brazil and other nations.

It started in America with just ONE person in Kirkland Washington at the end of January. By March, most of the nation was shut down. In just over one month it went from one person to shutting down the nation.

What do you think it will do if we open the schools?

What is the problem with home schooling? You conservatives have been boasting and raving about it for decades. Now all of a sudden, home schooling is bad and you want to send all the kids back to the public schools. Schools you hate.

There are countless free schooling on line that kids have been doing for nearly 2 decades now. It's been working out very well thus far.

What's the problem with home schooling now?
Again covid is FAR LESS DANGEROUS than the flu

Covid death rate 0.04
Flu death rate 0.1

Seriously you are the imbessile that believes the media
The Op seems to have a hard time grasping and accepting that fact.lol

Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

Not one single healthy child in America died of covid, those that did had organ failure or cancer before getting covid

So yea schools should open, if the faggot teachers union objects they can find employment elsewhere

When I encounter a lie, I stop reading. I don't believe anything after the lie so there's no reason to keep reading.

You are totally beyond sick. You seem to believe it's ok to kill a child who has preexisting conditions.

How pro life of you.

I find it disgusting that you don't believe that we need to protect the most vulnerable in our nation. Children with health problems who will probably die if they contracted the disease. You don't seem to have any problem with that.

You have no right to kill a child simply for your own personal, political or economic gain.

Your god and jesus may forgive you but I won't. Neither would the parents of those kids. Or the kids of parents who died because you sent the kids to school to get the virus to bring home to kill their parents.

You aren't a real christian. No matter what you say or post. You are a fake christian who makes all real christian look bad. You use the christian god and his son to your own personal convenience and benefit.

You may be able to lie about yourself here on earth but when you die and meet up with St. Peter, he's going to laugh at you in your face then send you straight to hell. Where you belong.

So you're perfectly fine with children getting that virus then spreading it around all over the place to kill more people, do more harm to our nation and economy and keep it raging out of control.

Take a science class or read a book. A virus doesn't just stay in one place in one person. It spreads.

All of this started with just ONE person in china. One person had the virus and spread it so that it's now a pandemic. It's out of control in America, Brazil and other nations.

It started in America with just ONE person in Kirkland Washington at the end of January. By March, most of the nation was shut down. In just over one month it went from one person to shutting down the nation.

What is the problem with home schooling? You conservatives have been boasting and raving about it for decades. Now all of a sudden, home schooling is bad and you want to send all the kids back to the public schools. Schools you hate.

There are countless free home schooling programs on line that kids have been doing for nearly 2 decades now. It's been working out very well thus far.

Not one single damn thing. I would be super happy if ALL of our children were home schooled. We would be a whole hell of a lot better off. We would have people who could think for themselves and not need to be lead around like sheep.
For sure,our school system is so corrupt that it sickens me parents send their children off there,

An anecdotal event, no matter how tragic, is not relevant to the fact that schools need to reopen. If the measures to keep the teachers safe are not adequate then we need to ensure that more measures are taken.

What happened to the absolute importance of a good education for the success of children?

Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

How pro life of you.

There are countless free home schooling programs on line that kids have been doing for nearly 2 decades now. It's been working out very well thus far.

Not one single damn thing. I would be super happy if ALL of our children were home schooled. We would be a whole hell of a lot better off. We would have people who could think for themselves and not need to be lead around like sheep.
For sure,our school system is so corrupt that it sickens me parents send their children off there,
However one of the things that happen in schools are kids learn how to deal with retards

Should all grocery stores be closed because store workers got corona and died.

Police officers died of Corona so abolish all cops

People in the military died of corona so give away all the weapons.

Keep snorting that heroin doofy

I'm afraid you don't understand the difference between ESSENTIAL SERVICES and NON-ESSENTIAL SERVICES. Or for that matter, EMERGENCY SERVICES and NON-EMERGENCY SERVICES.

1. Can the children of the United States survive without going to school for a year? YES

2. Can people, in an urban environment survive without getting FOOD from the grocery store? NO

3. Can most Americans survive without getting food from the Grocery store? NO

4. The Police force is necessary to defend communities from violence and death. Essential service that society depends on that must continue. Necessary for immediate survival.

5. The Military, same as the Police above.

For the average citizen to make it through to the summer of 2021, they need four things: food, water, shelter, and clothing. Isolate, and only go out to get those things.
Can people survive if they get the covid 19. YES, YES, YES.
Living without a job is not really living, people deserve a chance to live, not just survive on scraps

Everyone will have a job. Their job is doing everything they can to isolate and stop the spread of the virus so it dies. Just as the population mobilized for World War II, the United States population must mobilize to stop the virus. The government will insure the population is fed, housed and clothed, just as it did during World War II.
That is NOT their job. Stop being a tyrant.

It is NOT the job of the government to insure that the population is fed, housed and clothed. That is the responsibilities of Slave owners.

Apparently "U2Edge" (Useful idiot propaganda cheerleader) wants a communist totalitarian system, where all of us serfs stay home cowering in fear as our overlords "take care of us."

So the United States during World War II was a communist totalitarian system? Guess what, unfortunately, there are national emergencies that require countries to drastically change policy for a while to address a problem. The United States has already done that before, like we did in World War II. At the moment under Trump, its wasting time and losing big in terms of lives and the economy. Once responsible leadership is placed in power, then there will be a better chance for a proper response to the worst global pandemic in 100 years.
This is not WW2, this is now

Get medicated because you are delusional and lost in time

Forum List

Back