Why schools in the United States should not re-open this fall.

Florida reports 15,300 new COVID-19 cases — a record for one day anywhere in the U.S.
July 12, 2020 11:39 AM Updated 1 hour 16 minutes ago
Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/co...rce=pushly&intcid=pushly_599760#storylink=cpy
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/co...2.html?utm_source=pushly&intcid=pushly_599760
This is what is happening in Florida.
Their sorry-assed governor is the reason why.

As you know, deaths per million are the relevant factor. Allow me to inform you.

2020-07-12%20States-X2.jpg

I get the feeling that he/she is desperately hoping for more deaths in Florida, so he can then blame the governor with an R by his name, and of course the president who happens to have an R by his name.

We need to prepare to open BUT each jurisdiction needs to assess the threat to their community individually.

As is the case in ALL SITUATIONS a leftist one size fits all solution is just stupid.

So then why not advocate for home schooling until the virus is brought under control?

Teachers can teach by remote and kids can still get their education.

People are safe. The virus isn't made worse.

It's a win/win.

Fewer than half of students respond well to remote classes.

As a sideline, I taught adults for many years. About ten years ago we started offering the course with an instructor, online. By far, most people opted for the higher cost live, in-class courses. The passing rate was about the same for both but some, after not passing the on-line course opted to take the live course when repeating and passing.

So then why not advocate for home schooling until the virus is brought under control?

It's a win/win.

As a sideline, I taught adults for many years. About ten years ago we started offering the course with an instructor, online. By far, most people opted for the higher cost live, in-class courses. The passing rate was about the same for both but some, after not passing the on-line course opted to take the live course when repeating and passing.
You can not do lab classes online nor can you solder fiber optics and on and on, watching is just not doing

If anyone is interested, here's an interview that Betsy DeVos had.

She just kept repeating the company line "Kids need to be back in schools" but couldn't really provide any specific details about how that gets done safely and effectively.

There really isn't a plan here.

Re-opening schools in the United States this fall, could double the infection and death rate in the country.
Thousands of kid's only chance of getting a college education is through sports scholarships do you want to keep those poor kids who can't pay for college from getting an education? You want to keep them in poverty

Keeping kids out of school for a year is NOT THE END OF THEIR EDUCATION! First things, first, you kill the virus, then you send the kids back to school.

You send kids back to school when it is SAFE to do so. You wouldn't send kids to school in a Hurricane, Tornado, Air Raid, or a Nuclear attack would you? You hunker down, Isolate, defeat the virus, then restart the schools.

So you think that the kids just teach themselves?

You actually believe there are no adults there who aren't at risk for the virus?

Wow.

You seem to also think that it's ok to infect kids who will get very sick and possibly die or have life long problems because of the virus simply because a high rate of them won't experience that.

Wow.

You also don't seem to understand that the kids who don't have a hard time with it will spread it to everyone in their homes and wherever they go thus causing the virus to keep spreading through the nation making it nearly impossible to control and eradicate. Causing much more harm to our nation and our people.

Wow.

Your excuses and rationalizations are lame.
Not one single healthy child in America died of covid, those that did had organ failure or cancer before getting covid

So yea schools should open, if the faggot teachers union objects they can find employment elsewhere

I couldn't get past the lie in the first sentence.

When I encounter a lie, I stop reading. I don't believe anything after the lie so there's no reason to keep reading.

By lying you violated the 8th commandment. Shame on you.

You are totally beyond sick. You seem to believe it's ok to kill a child who has preexisting conditions.

How pro life of you.

Your statement is nothing but a lie.

There are many other perfectly healthy children who have died of the virus.

I find it disgusting that you don't believe that we need to protect the most vulnerable in our nation. Children with health problems who will probably die if they contracted the disease. You don't seem to have any problem with that.

You have no right to kill a child simply for your own personal, political or economic gain.

How about you sacrifice your child before you demand someone sacrifice theirs?

And you claim to be a christian.

Your god and jesus may forgive you but I won't. Neither would the parents of those kids. Or the kids of parents who died because you sent the kids to school to get the virus to bring home to kill their parents.

You aren't a real christian. No matter what you say or post. You are a fake christian who makes all real christian look bad. You use the christian god and his son to your own personal convenience and benefit.

You may be able to lie about yourself here on earth but when you die and meet up with St. Peter, he's going to laugh at you in your face then send you straight to hell. Where you belong.
Simple, if you have pre existing conditions and don't feel safe, stay home.

Tell that to the thousands of people who work in the schools.

That is such a stupid and irresponsible statement.

So you're perfectly fine with children getting that virus then spreading it around all over the place to kill more people, do more harm to our nation and economy and keep it raging out of control.

Take a science class or read a book. A virus doesn't just stay in one place in one person. It spreads.

All of this started with just ONE person in china. One person had the virus and spread it so that it's now a pandemic. It's out of control in America, Brazil and other nations.

It started in America with just ONE person in Kirkland Washington at the end of January. By March, most of the nation was shut down. In just over one month it went from one person to shutting down the nation.

What do you think it will do if we open the schools?

What is the problem with home schooling? You conservatives have been boasting and raving about it for decades. Now all of a sudden, home schooling is bad and you want to send all the kids back to the public schools. Schools you hate.

There are countless free home schooling programs on line that kids have been doing for nearly 2 decades now. It's been working out very well thus far.

What's the problem with home schooling now?
Not one single damn thing. I would be super happy if ALL of our children were home schooled. We would be a whole hell of a lot better off. We would have people who could think for themselves and not need to be lead around like sheep.

It's a win/win.
Please give a specific number of deaths per year/week/month for when the virus would be considered "under control".
She cannot. She is an uneducated leftist and a liar. If teachers want to teach remotely only their compensation should be cut in half.
I guess they believe the Flu is under control too. Why do people think we can control a virus?!? It's frustrating.
We do have flu shots to be fair and it is mostly under control. A lot of it is perception.

Keeping kids out of school for a year is NOT THE END OF THEIR EDUCATION! First things, first, you kill the virus, then you send the kids back to school.

You send kids back to school when it is SAFE to do so. You wouldn't send kids to school in a Hurricane, Tornado, Air Raid, or a Nuclear attack would you? You hunker down, Isolate, defeat the virus, then restart the schools.

You actually believe there are no adults there who aren't at risk for the virus?

Wow.

You seem to also think that it's ok to infect kids who will get very sick and possibly die or have life long problems because of the virus simply because a high rate of them won't experience that.

Wow.

You also don't seem to understand that the kids who don't have a hard time with it will spread it to everyone in their homes and wherever they go thus causing the virus to keep spreading through the nation making it nearly impossible to control and eradicate. Causing much more harm to our nation and our people.

Wow.

Not one single healthy child in America died of covid, those that did had organ failure or cancer before getting covid

So yea schools should open, if the faggot teachers union objects they can find employment elsewhere

When I encounter a lie, I stop reading. I don't believe anything after the lie so there's no reason to keep reading.

You are totally beyond sick. You seem to believe it's ok to kill a child who has preexisting conditions.

How pro life of you.

I find it disgusting that you don't believe that we need to protect the most vulnerable in our nation. Children with health problems who will probably die if they contracted the disease. You don't seem to have any problem with that.

You have no right to kill a child simply for your own personal, political or economic gain.

Your god and jesus may forgive you but I won't. Neither would the parents of those kids. Or the kids of parents who died because you sent the kids to school to get the virus to bring home to kill their parents.

You aren't a real christian. No matter what you say or post. You are a fake christian who makes all real christian look bad. You use the christian god and his son to your own personal convenience and benefit.

You may be able to lie about yourself here on earth but when you die and meet up with St. Peter, he's going to laugh at you in your face then send you straight to hell. Where you belong.

So you're perfectly fine with children getting that virus then spreading it around all over the place to kill more people, do more harm to our nation and economy and keep it raging out of control.

Take a science class or read a book. A virus doesn't just stay in one place in one person. It spreads.

All of this started with just ONE person in china. One person had the virus and spread it so that it's now a pandemic. It's out of control in America, Brazil and other nations.

It started in America with just ONE person in Kirkland Washington at the end of January. By March, most of the nation was shut down. In just over one month it went from one person to shutting down the nation.

What is the problem with home schooling? You conservatives have been boasting and raving about it for decades. Now all of a sudden, home schooling is bad and you want to send all the kids back to the public schools. Schools you hate.

There are countless free home schooling programs on line that kids have been doing for nearly 2 decades now. It's been working out very well thus far.

Not one single damn thing. I would be super happy if ALL of our children were home schooled. We would be a whole hell of a lot better off. We would have people who could think for themselves and not need to be lead around like sheep.

It's a win/win.
Please give a specific number of deaths per year/week/month for when the virus would be considered "under control".
She cannot. She is an uneducated leftist and a liar. If teachers want to teach remotely only their compensation should be cut in half.
I guess they believe the Flu is under control too. Why do people think we can control a virus?!? It's frustrating.
We do have flu shots to be fair and it is mostly under control. A lot of it is perception.
I agree it is a perception because somewhere between 20 and 80 thousand people die from the flu in the U.S. every year, and no one even mentions it. Maybe most people can accept those numbers, but I don't see it as controlling the flu. JMO

Three Arizona teachers who shared a classroom got coronavirus. One of them died
By Jennifer Henderson, CNN 1 hr ago

Three teachers who shared a summer classroom at a school in Arizona all contracted coronavirus last month, leaving one of them dead.

Kimberley Chavez Lopez Byrd, 61, died June 26, less than two weeks after she was hospitalized. The other two teachers -- Jena Martinez and Angela Skillings -- said they're still struggling with the effects of the virus that has killed nearly 135,000 people nationwide.

All three teachers wore masks and gloves, used hand sanitizer and socially distanced, but still got sick, according to school officials at the small community in the eastern part of the state.

Gregorich reiterated the three teachers were careful and still got Covid-19.

I think that's really the message or the concern that our staff has is we can't even keep our staff safe by themselves ... how are we going to keep 20 kids in a classroom safe? I just don't see how that's possible to do that," he said.

Byrd said reopening schools will put people in their small community at risk and he does not want to see other families go through a similar experience.

"Many grandparents, wind up being caretakers to kids when they get off school- mom and dad are working and a lot of grandparents are even raising their grandchildren. So, many of these grandparents fall into this high risk category of being older with more health issues," he said.

"They have no business opening the schools to try and get back to a traditional classroom ... let's get through this pandemic first before we try to get back to normal."

Should all grocery stores be closed because store workers got corona and died.

Police officers died of Corona so abolish all cops

People in the military died of corona so give away all the weapons.

Keep snorting that heroin doofy
So you're okay with spreading the pandemic without consideration of children, teachers, parents and the wider community? Students spend 6 hours inside. That's long enough to contact the virus. Grocers wear masks, but not enough customers do. Do you?

Come on you know very well most of these board members would slit a family member's throat if trump told them to. Why does this surprise of you?

It's a win/win.

You can not do lab classes online nor can you solder fiber optics and on and on, watching is just not doing

I think the emphasis is K-12. You're right about lab classes, I had a lot in high school.

It's a win/win.

I think the emphasis is K-12. You're right about lab classes, I had a lot in high school.
There are zero deaths in k to 12 of healthy kids in the entire usa

She just kept repeating the company line "Kids need to be back in schools" but couldn't really provide any specific details about how that gets done safely and effectively.

Perhaps you forgot, we have sovereign states. It is up to the individual governors and school districts to work out the best plan for them.

Why is that difficult for you to comprehend or do you just want it to be difficult?

Three Arizona teachers who shared a classroom got coronavirus. One of them died
By Jennifer Henderson, CNN 1 hr ago

Three teachers who shared a summer classroom at a school in Arizona all contracted coronavirus last month, leaving one of them dead.

Kimberley Chavez Lopez Byrd, 61, died June 26, less than two weeks after she was hospitalized. The other two teachers -- Jena Martinez and Angela Skillings -- said they're still struggling with the effects of the virus that has killed nearly 135,000 people nationwide.

All three teachers wore masks and gloves, used hand sanitizer and socially distanced, but still got sick, according to school officials at the small community in the eastern part of the state.

Gregorich reiterated the three teachers were careful and still got Covid-19.

I think that's really the message or the concern that our staff has is we can't even keep our staff safe by themselves ... how are we going to keep 20 kids in a classroom safe? I just don't see how that's possible to do that," he said.

Byrd said reopening schools will put people in their small community at risk and he does not want to see other families go through a similar experience.

"Many grandparents, wind up being caretakers to kids when they get off school- mom and dad are working and a lot of grandparents are even raising their grandchildren. So, many of these grandparents fall into this high risk category of being older with more health issues," he said.

"They have no business opening the schools to try and get back to a traditional classroom ... let's get through this pandemic first before we try to get back to normal."

Gee, let's look at who it was that died of Covid 19 in this case...shall we? Was that teacher a healthy individual or someone with underlying medical conditions?

Oh, guess what? Kimberley Byrd started feeling unwell in June. She was prone to sinus infections, and also had asthma, diabetes and lupus.

With all due respect, U2...Kimberley Byrd shouldn't have been leaving the house in June! With her medical history it would hard to find someone who would be more at risk for the virus! SHE and teachers like her shouldn't be in classrooms! That doesn't mean however that we should shut down our entire educational system. We need to educate our children. We need to send kids back to school so their working parents can go back to work!

Perhaps you forgot, we have sovereign states. It is up to the individual governors and school districts to work out the best plan for them.

Why is that difficult for you to comprehend or do you just want it to be difficult?

I agree that this should come down to individual communities and school districts.

Unfortunately, they're threatening to cut funding for schools that don't open.

Well, that's it I guess. Too much noise coming from the left about opening up our public schools.

Trump should implement an EO requiring all children ages 4-18 to be home schooled, for safety purposes. :eusa_whistle:

He has no power to issue that kind of Executive Order. It would be stupid in the first place and devastate the economy, plus he is not a dictator and has no authority over schools.

The Department of Education is in the Administrative branch, surely he do something?
Wrong. "Surely he do something"? Great redneck English!

He cannot "do something" unless it is a school run by the federal government, and the only schools like that are military schools for dependents.

How come the department is in the administrative branch then, where the President is the head of that branch
The President does not control state, local, and private schools in any capacity.

Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

How pro life of you.

It's a win/win.
I agree it is a perception because somewhere between 20 and 80 thousand people die from the flu in the U.S. every year, and no one even mentions it. Maybe most people can accept those numbers, but I don't see it as controlling the flu. JMO
We are on the same page. People get their flu shot, which is approx 45% effective and life goes on. The death rate is acceptable among a population of 330mil. Same with heart disease and other illnesses. We didn’t know much about COVID 19 so we shut down. Now Europe is reopened. We know enough to keep the elderly and those with preexisting conditions clear of it. It has become political though and the cowardly left wants to put this on Trump to get Biden over.

Well, that's it I guess. Too much noise coming from the left about opening up our public schools.

Trump should implement an EO requiring all children ages 4-18 to be home schooled, for safety purposes. :eusa_whistle:

He has no power to issue that kind of Executive Order. It would be stupid in the first place and devastate the economy, plus he is not a dictator and has no authority over schools.
He wouldn't have to actually do it, just talk about it. And, schools would open back up on time across the nation quickly. LOL

He already has, Mr. Uninformed. If they don't, he can do nothing!
Link please.

Last week, Trump held a roundtable discussion on reopening schools at the White House. Surely you did not miss it? Even the libtard media covered it.

Forum List

Back