Zone1 Why Protestants annoy me (and other Catholics)

And yet, everyone of the other interpretations is just as valid in the eyes of their followers too.
Sorry, but this is one thing that is very wrong in society in general and Church communities in particular: caring way too much what others think. Find outt what YOU think/believe/know and be happy with that. If you know something is the truth, there is no need for others to agree w/ u

Sorry, but this is one thing that is very wrong in society in general and Church communities in particular: caring way too much what others think. Find outt what YOU think/believe/know and be happy with that. If you know something is the truth, there is no need for others to agree w/ u

You have no earthly idea how wrong you are.

Sorry, but this is one thing that is very wrong in society in general and Church communities in particular: caring way too much what others think Find outt what YOU think/believe/know and be happy with that. If you know something is the truth, there is no need for others to agree w/ u
So, it’s about “ belief” and not evidence.

They just dismiss the Catholic Church outright... based in larg part on what their pastors have told them (indoctrinatd them on) about the Catholic Church. Again, I am not referring to the Vatican which ceased being Catholic 65 years ago.

They often have NO interest in the OLDEST (and only) Christian Church...

Jesus established ONE Church and a lot of thm don't seem to care which one tht is
you are only half right

They just dismiss the Catholic Church outright... based in larg part on what their pastors have told them (indoctrinatd them on) about the Catholic Church. Again, I am not referring to the Vatican which ceased being Catholic 65 years ago.

Jesus established ONE Church and a lot of thm don't seem to care which one tht is
What you fail to realize is, all these denominations are part of that one Church. Jesus didn't lay out how that Church was supposed to be structured, that was man's idea. He didn't lay out what those in leadership are to wear, that's man's idea. He didn't lay out what languages we're supposed to use, that's man's idea.

What DID He leave us?

1. Love one another.
2. Observe the Last Supper in remembrance of Him and His sacrifice.
3. Repent of sin and believe in him.
4. Be baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
5. Make disciples of all nations.

Attacking each other by saying, "WE are the only Church and YOU are not" is most certainly NOT from Him, nor is it something He would want us to do.

What you fail to realize is, all these denominations are part of that one Church. Jesus didn't lay out how that Church was supposed to be structured, that was man's idea. He didn't lay out what those in leadership are to wear, that's man's idea. He didn't lay out what languages we're supposed to use, that's man's idea.

What DID He leave us?

1. Love one another.
2. Observe the Last Supper in remembrance of Him and His sacrifice.
3. Repent of sin and believe in him.
4. Be baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
5. Make disciples of all nations.

Attacking each other by saying, "WE are the only Church and YOU are not" is most certainly NOT from Him, nor is it something He would want us to do.
What God did reveal through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit..............never think or reason, beyond what is written (in the word of God) -- 1 Cor. 4:6 There is no command for Easter or ChristMast found in the Word of God, there is no authorization to order ministers of the Word to remain celibate, there is no authorization for Special Grab Dress resembling Jewish tradition that separates the laity from the clergy in the New Testament Kingdom of God........there is no authorization to offer prayers to Mary as the Mother of God and to claim that Marry remains a virgin. Only God is to be prayed to and worshiped (Matt.4:10)

Christians require no formal dress or social status, no prayer to a supposed holy man standing in for God on earth. All Christians are members of a royal priesthood with Jesus being the High Priest -- 1 Peter 2:9, Hebrew 3:1, words form the supposed 1st pope to live by..... as such every Christian is equal to all other Christians, there are no Jews or Gentiles, no men nor women.......all are one when baptized into the Kingdom of God and heirs to the promise made to Father Abraham (Gal. 3:28-29)

Hogwash. Why are you feeling persecuted?

Are you feeling persecuted?

This accusation is nonsense.

I'm not going to answer a "dumb" question

learn some history

Few even know who Magus is. I do, but he is irrelevant in Catholic history and the Catholic Church is THE Church founded by Christ. There is... hate to burst people's bubble... but there is only ONE Church Christ founded.

Magus... member of a hereditary priestly class among the ancient Medes and Persians

First Pope was Jesus's brother James.

The Jerusalem Church​

See also: Early centers of Christianity § Jerusalem

The Jerusalem Church was an early Christian community located in Jerusalem, of which James and Peter were leaders. According to a universal tradition the first bishop was the Apostle James the Less, the "brother of the Lord". His predominant place and residence in the city are implied by Galatians 1:19. Eusebius says he was appointed bishop by Saint Peter, James (the Greater), and John (II, i).[18]

"Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become
as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."

To me, the message here is to avoid fretting about the nuances of religion. Look at the big picture...Love God, love your neighbor...everything else is "comfort food" or window dressing.

I am personally comfortable being a Roman Catholic - a "cafeteria catholic" some would say - but don't strongly object to other religions of a similar flavor (see The Nicene Creed). The only thing that truly drives me up a wall is when I'm encountering other "Christians" who claim to be "saved." This is bullshit on steroids and the very concept relies on picking and choosing convenient bits of Scripture out of context. Nobody is "saved" until they are literally dead or brain dead.

And by the way, FAITH is a choice, and not a gift from God. When I hear people say they have lost their faith I know I'm speaking to someone with the maturity of an adolescent.

When I hear people say they have lost their faith I know I'm speaking to someone with the maturity of an adolescent.
Yes. Show me someone who says they have "lost" their faith, and I'll show you someone who first stopped practicing their faith.

It starts with the first Commandment where we are to put God first. The way to "lose" faith is to push God farther down the list.

I have evidence but few here, esp the atheists/agnostics would accept it..

so.. not wasting time
So, your definition of evidence is not the same as what is presented in science or a court of law. That’s the difference.

Btw. You keep calling people who don’t follow your belief system, atheists and agnostics. Gee, Jews, Hindus etc, are all atheists and agnostics ? Gee, they’d be stunned to hear that.

What 'contradictions'?

Nobody ever seems to know, but they read this gibberish somewhere and they just parrot it.
Everything you utter is parroted from someone. Quoting from a Bible is not evidence. AAMOF, many so called Christians only live by what’s written there when it’s convenient

Everything you utter is parroted from someone. Quoting from a Bible is not evidence. AAMOF, many so called Christians only live by what’s written there when it’s convenient

Quoting from the bible itself is not evidence for contradicting itself??? lol you are indeed uneducated and silly.

You've never read it.

Forum List

Back