Why not replace Harrison Ford the way they replace James Bond actors?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
It was revealed this week that Harrison Ford injured his shoulder making Indiana Jones 5.....he is going to be out for 3 months...he is 80 years old.

Why don't they replace him with a new guy, the way they do for Dr. Who, and James bond?

The problem with Indiana Jones as far as a serial goes is that his frame of reference is really the 20s to the late 40s. He was a Nazi fighter. Take the Nazis out of it and it just ain't the same.

The problem with Indiana Jones as far as a serial goes is that his frame of reference is really the 20s to the late 40s. He was a Nazi fighter. Take the Nazis out of it and it just ain't the same.

I think they can get beyond the nazi fighting......his rivalry with the Belloq could be replaced with other villains.....Bond gets by without the Cold War......

American tv/movie fans associate particular actors with particular characters. Replacing those actors has often been a good way to destroy franchises in the American television industry. I don’t see how it would work in our movie industry.

I think they can get beyond the nazi fighting......his rivalry with the Belloq could be replaced with other villains.....Bond gets by without the Cold War......
That is true. I just see Indiana Jones as 30s and 40s type figure. Maybe an updated version could work. You are right then that they will need to get someone new to play Indiana Jones.

That is true. I just see Indiana Jones as 30s and 40s type figure. Maybe an updated version could work. You are right then that they will need to get someone new to play Indiana Jones.

They could keep it in the 30 or 40s, I think.....Since the second movie was also set in the 20s or 30s, people went to see it...I don't think it would hurt if they kept it there and simply had more adventures.......it would actually be cool if they could make it work.

Chris Pratt would make a good Indiana Jones.

For the record: The Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls was absolute shit.

American tv/movie fans associate particular actors with particular characters. Replacing those actors has often been a good way to destroy franchises in the American television industry. I don’t see how it would work in our movie industry.

But it worked for James Bond films. And Batman films, though I'm not altogether sure about those.

I'm amazed Ford is that old. He doesn't look it.

Plus- it makes me feel a couple hundred years old when I see icons from my youth looking like mummies.

I adore Chris Pratt! He was great in Magnificent 7.

"I believe that bear was wearing people's clothes" :)

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

I adore Chris Pratt! He was great in Magnificent 7.

"I believe that bear was wearing people's clothes" :)

I don't think he has quite what it would take to be Indiana Jones.....hard to think of an actor who has the Indiana Jones "X" factor..........I would bet if you could find an actor, who, like Ford, had a real job before he became famous, you might capture what you need....

The thing about Pratt...I don't think he captures the other side of Jones, the intellectual side......the action side, sure...but he also has to sell being an Archeologist.......I don't think Pratt could do that.

It was revealed this week that Harrison Ford injured his shoulder making Indiana Jones 5.....he is going to be out for 3 months...he is 80 years old.

Why don't they replace him with a new guy, the way they do for Dr. Who, and James bond?

Because they couldn't find a black lesbian who looked good in a hat?

By Golly, you hit on it............they need to replace Harrison Ford with a non-binary, bald humanoid..........get rid of gender and race completely............

By Golly, you hit on it............they need to replace Harrison Ford with a non-binary, bald humanoid..........get rid of gender and race completely............

Grace Jones. :laughing0301:

16a4cb60ed45df3a322f65687ac94a3a.jpg

But it worked for James Bond films. And Batman films, though I'm not altogether sure about those.

I'm amazed Ford is that old. He doesn't look it.

Plus- it makes me feel a couple hundred years old when I see icons from my youth looking like mummies
James Bond is a BRITISH franchise. The movies may be made out of Hollywood, but it’s a British franchise. The Batman movies are some of the least successful comic book genre movies of all time. They’re generally mocked and derided.

I do agree that some of these older actors need to ride off into the sunset. I wouldn’t even mind seeing new movies made in the worlds they created. I just don’t want to see them recreate the character directly.

There's a legal issue here ... James Bond and Dr. Who are fictional characters ... anyone can play that part ... Harrison Ford is an actual person ... replacing him is identity theft ...

Dr who is built in to be replaced and 007 is a spy and it is understood that it is a place holder for what ever current spy it is. Indiana Jones is a singular person.

There's a legal issue here ... James Bond and Dr. Who are fictional characters ... anyone can play that part ... Harrison Ford is an actual person ... replacing him is identity theft ...
You are joking, right?

Forum List

Back