Why not just vote Trump out of office (the old-fashioned way)?

Is there any justifiable reason to impeach President Trump less than one year before the next election, especially with zero chance that the Senate would vote to convict? Why not let the voters decide whether to remove him from office?

The answer seems to me that the entire impeachment idea is nothing more than partisan political theater designed to help raise campaign contributions from loony left donors.

If I am wrong, please explain why an impeachment inquiry should begin at this time and why it will not set a terrible precedent for the future.
REPORT: President Trump just shot a man in broad daylight on Fifth Avenue.

CONGRESS: We must impeach.

TARD: Why don't we just wait til the next election to vote him out?

100 Senators will get to vote on removing Trump

democracy in action
And if they say no, Trump gets to campaign on innocence/exhoneration. Will drive the usual suspects right up the wall.
Good Idea

Let Trump campaign on how stupid it was to make that phone call
The majority of voters don't pay much attention, but when he can say, "They tried everything to get rid of me, and I'm still here and in fact was just found innocent of their latest attempt", they'll agree and he'll get a big sympathy vote.
I just don't think that's how it's going to work. The evidence is too tough and everyone will know that the only reason he got away was because republicans were just as crooked. Trump is not a popular president.

If there's nothing more substantial than a handful of Schiff's carefully selected leaks, the majority of voters won't think it's a good enough reason to try to get rid of him.

Why not just ignore criminal acts by the president

Like your side did under Clinton, W and Cocksucker Obama?

LOL!!!

Let's start by W's socializing senior drugs by deliberately duping the Congress about the estimated cost, in part by THREATENING THE ACTUARY who did the estimate???

"not a criminal act" = getting a KICKBACK from a US foreign aid package
"criminal act" = INVESTIGATING a KICKBACK from a US foreign aid package
Yea
We don’t get our panties in a bind over a blow job

Of course that whole perverting justice, lying under oath, etc, hey that don't matter none. Why would a judge care if somebody did that in his court? Doesn't he know it's just not cool to get all bent out of shape when a lawyer lies after taking an oath to tell the truth?

Is there any justifiable reason to impeach President Trump less than one year before the next election, especially with zero chance that the Senate would vote to convict? Why not let the voters decide whether to remove him from office?

The answer seems to me that the entire impeachment idea is nothing more than partisan political theater designed to help raise campaign contributions from loony left donors.

If I am wrong, please explain why an impeachment inquiry should begin at this time and why it will not set a terrible precedent for the future.

Be sure to let us know when that happens, and "Well, I heard it from somebody who said that they heard a gunshot and when they turned around there was a dad body and a picture of Trump on a billboard" doesn't count.

democracy in action
And if they say no, Trump gets to campaign on innocence/exhoneration. Will drive the usual suspects right up the wall.
Good Idea

The majority of voters don't pay much attention, but when he can say, "They tried everything to get rid of me, and I'm still here and in fact was just found innocent of their latest attempt", they'll agree and he'll get a big sympathy vote.
I just don't think that's how it's going to work. The evidence is too tough and everyone will know that the only reason he got away was because republicans were just as crooked. Trump is not a popular president.

If there's nothing more substantial than a handful of Schiff's carefully selected leaks, the majority of voters won't think it's a good enough reason to try to get rid of him.
Let’s get the facts out to the voters

It would be easier if Trump released documents and allowed his staff to testify

Good Idea

Exactly.

I have been saying the same thing for a month now, Democrats are scared shit less

Good Idea

Exactly.

The next Democrat president hasn't been born yet

Be sure to let us know when that happens, and "Well, I heard it from somebody who said that they heard a gunshot and when they turned around there was a dad body and a picture of Trump on a billboard" doesn't count.

The tell Trump to stop obstructing the process. You just ignore the massive amounts of information Trump hidden and testimonies he has refused to let happen using the excuse of executive privilege. But in this situation it's not about "Well, I heard it from somebody who said that they heard a gunshot and when they turned around there was a dad body and a picture of Trump on a billboard". It is about this IS what Trump said. So I think a bunch of people who believe there is a coup because "Trump said Strzok said and Joe said", probably need to shut up.

democracy in action
What happens if more than 50 senators vote to convict but less than 66?

This would mean the majority of the senate found him guilty. Can he run on innocence then? And really given what we already know, everybody will know the only reason Trump was not convicted is that he was a republican and republicans are the majority in the senate. So him running on innocence/exoneration probably is not the best strategy.

The tell Trump to stop obstructing the process. You just ignore the massive amounts of information Trump hidden and testimonies he has refused to let happen using the excuse of executive privilege. But in this situation it's not about "Well, I heard it from somebody who said that they heard a gunshot and when they turned around there was a dad body and a picture of Trump on a billboard". It is about this IS what Trump said. So I think a bunch of people who believe there is a coup because "Trump said Strzok said and Joe said", probably need to shut up.

He's quoting a tweet, not hearsay. I see what you're doing. You're taking every negative thing said about Trump at face value while completely disregarding everything about those who openly planned to get rid of him before he even took office.

Forum List

Back