Why Liberals Love the Collective

Publius1787

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2011
Gavin McInnes recently wrote a piece titled "Teamwork is Overrated." It is the epitome of why modern liberal ideology drags us all into mediocrity. Perhaps the best quote from the article is the following ...

“Only incompetent people love the team, and they love it because it makes it harder to discover their incompetence.”

This is liberal ideology in a nutshell. Enjoy Teamwork Is Overrated - Taki's Magazine

Gavin McInnes recently wrote a piece titled "Teamwork is Overrated." It is the epitome of why modern liberal ideology drags us all into mediocrity. Perhaps the best quote from the article is the following ...

“Only incompetent people love the team, and they love it because it makes it harder to discover their incompetence.”

This is liberal ideology in a nutshell. Enjoy Teamwork Is Overrated - Taki's Magazine

Fascinating.
The prelude to major off-shoring and business-visa efforts by Wall Street Firms in the late 90s and early 2000s was the assertion that the group was far more important than the individual.
And Donald Trump, by your anti-group ideology, is a major loser; IF you watch The Apprentice.

Whatever dingus you're deifying, he clearly never served in the military as part of a team. The Rambo, Army of One idea is utter nonsense. An individual is a liability, a teammate is an asset.

Whatever dingus you're deifying, he clearly never served in the military as part of a team. The Rambo, Army of One idea is utter nonsense. An individual is a liability, a teammate is an asset.

Funny, having served 12 years myself (8 of which as an 0311) I can attest that not only is the Marines nearly 100% conservative in combat arms jobs, but they are extremely individualistic in the manner they carry out orders as well. After all, if your squad fails they don't come after the squad, they come after the squad leader. If your platoon fails, they don't come after the platoon, they come after the platoon leader/sergeant. In the Marines, those in leadership positions are those who stand out from the crowd. They are the ones willing to make decisions in the absence of leadership. They are the ones who can be trusted enough to lead without supervision. As a leader, he must inspire others to work as a team and explain why it is in their SELF interest to do so. If he fails in that task then he has no team at all. Whatever the outcome, though, if the squad fails it is the squad leader that takes the hit. It doesn't get any more individual than that.

Last edited:
Contradicting your own point ya know. May act individually, but there's still a team around you. There's no such thing as a successful individual. If someone's successful it's because they had help be it business, politics, military, or anythign else. Businesspeople need employees, politicians need advisors, militaries need personnel. No one wins or achieves all by their lonesome.

Few years back when World of Warcraft was at its peak popularity, was a thing about how many Fortune 500 companies were hiring only those candidates who also played the game since it emphasized teamwork. This myth of individual success might work as propaganda, but in reality you never see it.

How this for spin, this guy is trying to make his anti-social tendencies and the fact that he doesn't get along well with people into a positive while demeaning his perception of liberals. That's rather cuckoo.

The theory is justified, I cannot blame you for that. However I don't believe the facts support the theory.

Contradicting your own point ya know. May act individually, but there's still a team around you. There's no such thing as a successful individual. If someone's successful it's because they had help be it business, politics, military, or anythign else. Businesspeople need employees, politicians need advisors, militaries need personnel. No one wins or achieves all by their lonesome.

Few years back when World of Warcraft was at its peak popularity, was a thing about how many Fortune 500 companies were hiring only those candidates who also played the game since it emphasized teamwork. This myth of individual success might work as propaganda, but in reality you never see it.

We are all individuals working an environment to our advantage. The individual who does it best becomes the most successful. This does not mean that he is any less of an individual or he owes his success to the collective. A genius is still a genius despite how many morons he is surrounded by. It's less collectivism than spontaneous order derived from all of us seeking our own self interests. There is no such thing as altruism and no one does something unless they perceive themselves as benefitting from it. Indeed, that's why the draft was such a failure as opposed to our modern all volunteer armed forces. Hell, promotions all are based upon individual, not collective, efforts in the military; save the stupid affirmative action policy.

Last edited:
You would think the collective would be the best way to describe the GOP. Being 90% white and all.

One of the largest problems among the left is that they get culture confused with skin color. What if I were to reverse that statement and say that 94% of Blacks vote for Democrats? We cant say the same about whites now can we? Indeed, whites are far less likely to vote for Republicans than blacks are Democrats. Thus, by your very own standard, Black racists choose the Democrat Party. In any case, racism is a collective trait. See here >>

Last edited by a moderator:

Fascinating.
The prelude to major off-shoring and business-visa efforts by Wall Street Firms in the late 90s and early 2000s was the assertion that the group was far more important than the individual.
And Donald Trump, by your anti-group ideology, is a major loser; IF you watch The Apprentice.

Funny, I thought individuals owned stock.

You would think the collective would be the best way to describe the GOP. Being 90% white and all.

One of the largest problems among the left is that they get culture confused with skin color. What if I were to reverse that statement and say that 94% of Blacks vote for Democrats? We cant say the same about whites now can we? Indeed, whites are far less likely to vote for Republicans than blacks are Democrats. Thus, by your very own standard, Black racists choose the Democrat Party. In any case, racism is a collective trait. See here >> [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdeI9NfbfT8]Ayn Rand - Racism - YouTube[/ame]

Actually, you are wrong. Whites that tend not to vote for Republicans do so because they are simply not welcome. Like gays and atheists and and scientists and college professors and women fighting for women's rights and people who have been hurt by GOP policies.. Lots of whites for many different reasons. Some are simply because they can't stomach GOP's ruinous and destructive policies.

Fascinating.

Strawman.

OTOH, You DO know how the Stock Market works?

You realize that the ONLY time you are actually investing in a stock is when that particular Company buys it through it's Institutional Ordering System?
Known in the vernacular as Institutional Trading.

I know, I'm not a knee-jerk Conservative so I'm not actually supposed to know or understand these COMPLICATED realities.

And then that Stock is usually sold within 24 hours.

So much for Self-Reliant INDIVIDUALS OWNING a Stock.

If you don't know this, you fail.

This is the left wing bullsh*t of making the team players feel better about themselves and giving credit where it isn't due to make everyone feel good.

A team player is nothing more than a person that takes orders from the leaders. They decide what the team is going to do, how they will do it and at what time they will all move. In the end the team players get to fawn all over themselves about being so crucial to the operation they aren't replaceable when in reality the only person not replaceable to the operation was the person in charge. They were the ones in charge of the team players.

It's why we suddenly see a bunch of burger flippers thinking they are owed 15 bucks an hour because their team made some money when in reality they are replaceable idiots that had nothing to do with the success other than being on the job and doing what others told them to do when they were told to do it.

One of the largest problems among the left is that they get culture confused with skin color. What if I were to reverse that statement and say that 94% of Blacks vote for Democrats? We cant say the same about whites now can we? Indeed, whites are far less likely to vote for Republicans than blacks are Democrats. Thus, by your very own standard, Black racists choose the Democrat Party. In any case, racism is a collective trait. See here >> [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdeI9NfbfT8]Ayn Rand - Racism - YouTube[/ame]

Actually, you are wrong. Whites that tend not to vote for Republicans do so because they are simply not welcome. Like gays and atheists and and scientists and college professors and women fighting for women's rights and people who have been hurt by GOP policies.. Lots of whites for many different reasons. Some are simply because they can't stomach GOP's ruinous and destructive policies.

These people are fighting culture, not race. Your argument was a racial one, was it not? I simply said that you got culture confused with race. Having graduated college myself I can tell you the reason they aren't welcome is that they're overwhelmingly leftists who never had a job outside academia. Modern feminism likewise has an incredibly Marxist bent. And gays? I know quite a few gay conservatives; church going nonetheless. With that said, I can honestly say that your above statement can be paced both ways as well.

Last edited:
Seriously, Dude, I have to ask; why do you punch people with your face?

This is the left wing bullsh*t of making the team players feel better about themselves and giving credit where it isn't due to make everyone feel good.

A team player is nothing more than a person that takes orders from the leaders. They decide what the team is going to do, how they will do it and at what time they will all move. In the end the team players get to fawn all over themselves about being so crucial to the operation they aren't replaceable when in reality the only person not replaceable to the operation was the person in charge. They were the ones in charge of the team players.

It's why we suddenly see a bunch of burger flippers thinking they are owed 15 bucks an hour because their team made some money when in reality they are replaceable idiots that had nothing to do with the success other than being on the job and doing what others told them to do when they were told to do it.

Then why do Wall Street firms suppress individuality?
You think Jamie Dimon gives a damn about the people around him who possess advanced degrees and help him earn his annual bonus?
He doesn't.

Neither does Lloyd Blankfein.

You see, the Right and the Left both play extreme and that's why both fail.

Fascinating.

Strawman.

You realize that the ONLY time you are actually investing in a stock is when that particular Company buys it through it's Institutional Ordering System?

I know, I'm not a knee-jerk Conservative so I'm not actually supposed to know or understand these COMPLICATED realities.

And the choice individual choice to invest is lost where?

Strawman.

And the choice individual choice to invest is lost where?

I just explained where you have NO individual choice to invest.
The firms take your money and play with it as they please.
Even firms that SEEM to sell their own stock buy and sell your money all day.
What YOU have to have faith in is that when you want to cash in your stock that the market's infrastructure can support the amount you are supposedly due.

That's why the market crashes; the money you invested is SOMEWHERE, it's just a matter of whether or not it was spent in a manner in which the market can retrieve it.

If too much invested money is spent by the firm for their own purposes, such as buying homes around the world, and too much money is called down, they can't all suddenly sell those homes at once and send you a check.
That is, for example, what crushed Madoff.

Forum List

Back