Why Is Wokeness Winning?

I think it might be called evolution- knowledge evolves- the direction of the evolution is determined by the environment- the environment is created by those occupying the space- it is something to be concerned about- the damage can be minimized, but, only with the Truth- Truth is constant- it doesn't evolve. If it was true yesterday, it is true today and will be true tomorrow- a truth is; seeds bear fruit- we're living the seeds sown in the past- what seeds will you sow?

That's why the toxic lies of the Republican Party have to end. If the only way you can garner public support is to lie to people about what your policies are and who is benefitting from them, it doesn't say much for your policies. Republicans have been lying to the American People ever since Reagan demonized "Welfare Queens", and promised American workers a big raise when the got rid of the unions.

One of advisors of the Reagam/Bush administrations, recently revealled how they used "urban" and "inner city" as cover for their racism, and allowing them to demonize the non-white poor, while denying that they were racists, while telling the "rural" (read "white") Americans that the "urbans" were lazy, criminals who needed to be cut off the public teat.

Maybe people are waking up to the racism and hate that pits "rural" voters against "urban" voters is all a big lie. For 40 years Republicans have been pitting whites against minorities, so that poor whites and poor blacks wouldn't team up and vote them out of office. 3 economic crashes in 40 years. Largest wage and wealth gaps between rich and poor, in the first world, and that gap is growing at a faster rate than anywhere else in the world.

8 million Americans have fallen into poverty since the pandemic began, while the 1% have gained trillions of dollars of wealth through Trump's policies.

Yeah, Americans are definitely waking up to what has really been going on.

Have no fear, soon you'll pass and none of this will ever bother you again
A person as bitter and hate as you are doesn't come along too often, thank god. Kinda tough to stay out of "poverty" when you close businesses down for a virus with a 98.6 survival rate.

This is a great article that I found... I copied a bit of it so you could determine if you wanted to read the entire article. I think this frames it better than any other that I've seen. Thoughts?
Why Is Wokeness Winning?
"A question I’ve wrestled with this past year or so is a pretty basic one: if critical race/gender/queer theory is unfalsifiable postmodern claptrap, as I have longcontended, how has it conquered so many institutions so swiftly?
It’s been a staggering achievement, when you come to think of it. Critical theory was once an esoteric academic pursuit. Now it has become the core, underlying philosophy of the majority of American cultural institutions, universities, media, corporations, liberal churches, NGOs, philanthropies, and, of course, mainstream journalism. This summer felt like a psychic break from old-school liberalism, a moment when a big part of the American elite just decided to junk the principles that have long defined American democratic life, and embrace what Bari Weiss calls “a mixture of postmodernism, postcolonialism, identity politics, neo-Marxism, critical race theory, intersectionality, and the therapeutic mentality.”
It’s everywhere. Across the country, schools and colleges are dumping SATs so they can engineer racial equity, and abolish the idea of merit. The Smithsonian backed the idea that working hard, showing up on time and perfecting a task are functions of “whiteness”. In California, there’s a ballot initiative to legalize government discrimination on the basis of race; and a new mandate that company boards add members from under-represented communities. Corporations who haven’t publicly committed themselves to the full woke project are being hounded by their employeesinto doing so, meaning hiring and firing on the basis of race, or forcing employees into re-education sessions, guided by DiAngelo and Kendi. The NBA, for Pete’s sake, is now a festival of wokeness, even as viewership collapses. CRT propaganda like the NYT’s 1619 Project can be exposed as untrue and unethical, but the paper can both debunk it in its own pages and still hail it as a triumph. And the pièce de resistance: 21 percent of liberal students in the Ivy League favor some level of violence to stop campus speech they disapprove of.
There seems no stopping this. But why? Why this powerful, seemingly inevitable shift, especially among white elites? I’d posit some obvious reasons, but this is a rough guess and I hope we can start a conversation here about the reason for this astonishing change — and how better to engage it.
The first, it seems to me, is emotional. The reason so many people marched this summer was because of a righteous revulsion at the visceral image of a black man being murdered slowly on the street by a bad, white cop. This revulsion is a vital and important thing — and it’s completely compatible with a liberal attempt to reform the cops and criminal justice to ensure equal treatment under the law for everyone of every race. In fact, there is considerable bipartisan support for a pragmatic shift."

LINK to full article.
Wokeness -- PC/Identity Politics -- continues to increase in part because the Right continues to make it easy for the Left to leverage it.

The primary reason for that is the fact that your alternate universe media isn't teaching you to change hearts & minds with reason, empathy and intellect, it's teaching you to attack, insult, and convince yourselves that you're at "war" with "evil". Trump, of course, is the ultimate expression of that shallow philosophy.

So, the Left has no reason to stop, unfortunately. Those of us who lean left and are against PC/Identity Politics are losing, too. And certainly, Trumpsters aren't going to look in the mirror.
Yeah - it's the republicans fault.

Wait - I thought it might be the sixties hippies teaching their kids that they can do anything and if they can't they still get the participation trophy. No meanies. No winning. Only pathetic mediocrity will do for their children. Don't let any children excel - that hurts feelings.

The problem with you notaMac is that like most on the left they think that will create an inclusive utopian society with unicorns and everything. Fuck capitalism No one has to do anything - like work.

Talk about not being grounded in reality.

This is a great article that I found... I copied a bit of it so you could determine if you wanted to read the entire article. I think this frames it better than any other that I've seen. Thoughts?
Why Is Wokeness Winning?
"A question I’ve wrestled with this past year or so is a pretty basic one: if critical race/gender/queer theory is unfalsifiable postmodern claptrap, as I have longcontended, how has it conquered so many institutions so swiftly?
It’s been a staggering achievement, when you come to think of it. Critical theory was once an esoteric academic pursuit. Now it has become the core, underlying philosophy of the majority of American cultural institutions, universities, media, corporations, liberal churches, NGOs, philanthropies, and, of course, mainstream journalism. This summer felt like a psychic break from old-school liberalism, a moment when a big part of the American elite just decided to junk the principles that have long defined American democratic life, and embrace what Bari Weiss calls “a mixture of postmodernism, postcolonialism, identity politics, neo-Marxism, critical race theory, intersectionality, and the therapeutic mentality.”
It’s everywhere. Across the country, schools and colleges are dumping SATs so they can engineer racial equity, and abolish the idea of merit. The Smithsonian backed the idea that working hard, showing up on time and perfecting a task are functions of “whiteness”. In California, there’s a ballot initiative to legalize government discrimination on the basis of race; and a new mandate that company boards add members from under-represented communities. Corporations who haven’t publicly committed themselves to the full woke project are being hounded by their employeesinto doing so, meaning hiring and firing on the basis of race, or forcing employees into re-education sessions, guided by DiAngelo and Kendi. The NBA, for Pete’s sake, is now a festival of wokeness, even as viewership collapses. CRT propaganda like the NYT’s 1619 Project can be exposed as untrue and unethical, but the paper can both debunk it in its own pages and still hail it as a triumph. And the pièce de resistance: 21 percent of liberal students in the Ivy League favor some level of violence to stop campus speech they disapprove of.
There seems no stopping this. But why? Why this powerful, seemingly inevitable shift, especially among white elites? I’d posit some obvious reasons, but this is a rough guess and I hope we can start a conversation here about the reason for this astonishing change — and how better to engage it.
The first, it seems to me, is emotional. The reason so many people marched this summer was because of a righteous revulsion at the visceral image of a black man being murdered slowly on the street by a bad, white cop. This revulsion is a vital and important thing — and it’s completely compatible with a liberal attempt to reform the cops and criminal justice to ensure equal treatment under the law for everyone of every race. In fact, there is considerable bipartisan support for a pragmatic shift."

LINK to full article.
Wokeness -- PC/Identity Politics -- continues to increase in part because the Right continues to make it easy for the Left to leverage it.

The primary reason for that is the fact that your alternate universe media isn't teaching you to change hearts & minds with reason, empathy and intellect, it's teaching you to attack, insult, and convince yourselves that you're at "war" with "evil". Trump, of course, is the ultimate expression of that shallow philosophy.

So, the Left has no reason to stop, unfortunately. Those of us who lean left and are against PC/Identity Politics are losing, too. And certainly, Trumpsters aren't going to look in the mirror.

Wait - I thought it might be the sixties hippies teaching their kids that they can do anything and if they can't they still get the participation trophy. No meanies. No winning. Only pathetic mediocrity will do for their children. Don't let any children excel - that hurts feelings.

The problem with you notaMac is that like most on the left they think that will create an inclusive utopian society with unicorns and everything. Fuck capitalism No one has to do anything - like work.

It's not all the Republicans' fault. In fact, you're invited to utilize the search function to learn more. Just type in Regressive Left and my name, and you'll find a ton of examples of my going after them on this topic.

But we both know you don't have the balls to do that.

So, tough shit.

Why Is Wokeness Winning?

LINK to full article.

It's not all the Republicans' fault. In fact, you're invited to utilize the search function to learn more. Just type in Regressive Left and my name, and you'll find a ton of examples of my going after them on this topic.

So, tough shit.
And yet you are voting for these screwballs. You are voting for redistribution and further expansion of government power. Redistribution for equality right? Poverty in the name of justice?

Why Is Wokeness Winning?

LINK to full article.

So, tough shit.
And yet you are voting for these screwballs. You are voting for redistribution and further expansion of government power. Redistribution for equality right? Poverty in the name of justice?
The alternative is even worse.

I don't know why this needs to be so complicated for you guys.

Wokeness can not ever "win". It is fundamentally a loser position adopted by super losers.

Why Is Wokeness Winning?

LINK to full article.

The Asch Conformity Experiment explained it

Mass propaganda and the power of group think. Just watch

Why Is Wokeness Winning?

LINK to full article.

So, tough shit.

It isn't complicated at all. It just isn't true. The idea of a nation of individuals is obvious to many.

Why Is Wokeness Winning?

LINK to full article.

So, tough shit.

It isn't complicated at all. It just isn't true. The idea of a nation of individuals is obvious to many.
I can't make you understand the difference between fact and opinion, nor would I try to.

Why Is Wokeness Winning?

LINK to full article.

So, tough shit.

I can't make you understand the difference between fact and opinion, nor would I try to.
We only have our opinions. I have no trouble disagreeing. The facts don't belong to any one side, and I believe we each are using them to form our opinions. Somehow, you are justifying crime and redistribution and believe it will lead to a better country. I've seen no evidence for this to be true. I don't believe individuals are helpless, and I think it is both valuable and necessary to promote self sufficiency.

Why Is Wokeness Winning?

LINK to full article.

So, tough shit.

We only have our opinions. I have no trouble disagreeing. The facts don't belong to any one side, and I believe we each are using them to form our opinions. Somehow, you are justifying crime and redistribution and believe it will lead to a better country. I've seen no evidence for this to be true. I don't believe individuals are helpless, and I think it is both valuable and necessary to promote self sufficiency.
Tell me, where did I say that crime will lead to a better country?

Do you realize you just lied again? I wonder why you do that so often.

Why Is Wokeness Winning?

LINK to full article.

So, tough shit.

It is just what you are voting for. Like all of the other things you denounce. Rationalizining voting for democrats has been brought up in another thread. The only way to do it is to say the other side is worse. How? How is America First, individualism, and no stupid wars worse than your progressive wing?

Why Is Wokeness Winning?

LINK to full article.

So, tough shit.

It is just what you are voting for. Like all of the other things you denounce. Rationalizining voting for democrats has been brought up in another thread. The only way to do it is to say the other side is worse. How? How is America First, individualism, and no stupid wars worse than your progressive wing?
Several ways. I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'll never understand this level of blind adoration, so I don't know how to communicate with it.

Why Is Wokeness Winning?

LINK to full article.

So, tough shit.

Several ways. I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'll never understand this level of blind adoration, so I don't know how to communicate with it.
Blind adoration? Wake up, people are voting for ideas. I have no difficulty saying what I believe. You don't have to convince me, but it is telling you can't explain your position.

Why Is Wokeness Winning?

LINK to full article.

So, tough shit.

Blind adoration? Wake up, people are voting for ideas. I have no difficulty saying what I believe. You don't have to convince me, but it is telling you can't explain your position.
Great.

Forum List

Back