Why Is Wokeness Winning?

Wokeness is winning because the Dem media have successfully convinced many Americans that they should feel guilty about the past history of the United States.

If we had a patriotic media that reported the truth and not just serve as mouthpieces for bad people and bad movements, Americans would be super proud of the reforms that have occurred.

No group in the history of the world has done more to rectify wrongs than the Euro American majority since the 1960s. They deserve a shoutout for generosity and graciousness. Sadly, all they have received is ingratitude and disrespect.

This ‘woke’ nonsense is nothing more than a temporary fad that we’ll hear less about in Trumps second term.

Many of these woke people have already become victims of this BS. lol :)

This is a great article that I found... I copied a bit of it so you could determine if you wanted to read the entire article. I think this frames it better than any other that I've seen. Thoughts?
Why Is Wokeness Winning?
"A question I’ve wrestled with this past year or so is a pretty basic one: if critical race/gender/queer theory is unfalsifiable postmodern claptrap, as I have longcontended, how has it conquered so many institutions so swiftly?
It’s been a staggering achievement, when you come to think of it. Critical theory was once an esoteric academic pursuit. Now it has become the core, underlying philosophy of the majority of American cultural institutions, universities, media, corporations, liberal churches, NGOs, philanthropies, and, of course, mainstream journalism. This summer felt like a psychic break from old-school liberalism, a moment when a big part of the American elite just decided to junk the principles that have long defined American democratic life, and embrace what Bari Weiss calls “a mixture of postmodernism, postcolonialism, identity politics, neo-Marxism, critical race theory, intersectionality, and the therapeutic mentality.”
It’s everywhere. Across the country, schools and colleges are dumping SATs so they can engineer racial equity, and abolish the idea of merit. The Smithsonian backed the idea that working hard, showing up on time and perfecting a task are functions of “whiteness”. In California, there’s a ballot initiative to legalize government discrimination on the basis of race; and a new mandate that company boards add members from under-represented communities. Corporations who haven’t publicly committed themselves to the full woke project are being hounded by their employeesinto doing so, meaning hiring and firing on the basis of race, or forcing employees into re-education sessions, guided by DiAngelo and Kendi. The NBA, for Pete’s sake, is now a festival of wokeness, even as viewership collapses. CRT propaganda like the NYT’s 1619 Project can be exposed as untrue and unethical, but the paper can both debunk it in its own pages and still hail it as a triumph. And the pièce de resistance: 21 percent of liberal students in the Ivy League favor some level of violence to stop campus speech they disapprove of.
There seems no stopping this. But why? Why this powerful, seemingly inevitable shift, especially among white elites? I’d posit some obvious reasons, but this is a rough guess and I hope we can start a conversation here about the reason for this astonishing change — and how better to engage it.
The first, it seems to me, is emotional. The reason so many people marched this summer was because of a righteous revulsion at the visceral image of a black man being murdered slowly on the street by a bad, white cop. This revulsion is a vital and important thing — and it’s completely compatible with a liberal attempt to reform the cops and criminal justice to ensure equal treatment under the law for everyone of every race. In fact, there is considerable bipartisan support for a pragmatic shift."

LINK to full article.

It's not winning..... And it won't get very far. Skill always triumphs and it will now also. Skill is not a Marxist construct.... It is an individual ability. Wokeness cannot make every man six feet tall..... Or every woman look like Halle Berry......it cannot perform Brain Surgery nor can it challenge
A mathematical paradox.
It's nothing to worry about because it's has always failed under the weight of its own clumsiness and it always will.

It's winning in corporate America, academia, and in the government. It's also winning in mainstream media and Hollywood.

We've heard for three years non-stop how important it was to investigate Russia interference from the Left... and as soon as we get actual evidence that China AND Russia are buying off politicians we hear not a word. I think Woke Nation is winning.

This is a great article that I found... I copied a bit of it so you could determine if you wanted to read the entire article. I think this frames it better than any other that I've seen. Thoughts?
Why Is Wokeness Winning?
"A question I’ve wrestled with this past year or so is a pretty basic one: if critical race/gender/queer theory is unfalsifiable postmodern claptrap, as I have longcontended, how has it conquered so many institutions so swiftly?
It’s been a staggering achievement, when you come to think of it. Critical theory was once an esoteric academic pursuit. Now it has become the core, underlying philosophy of the majority of American cultural institutions, universities, media, corporations, liberal churches, NGOs, philanthropies, and, of course, mainstream journalism. This summer felt like a psychic break from old-school liberalism, a moment when a big part of the American elite just decided to junk the principles that have long defined American democratic life, and embrace what Bari Weiss calls “a mixture of postmodernism, postcolonialism, identity politics, neo-Marxism, critical race theory, intersectionality, and the therapeutic mentality.”
It’s everywhere. Across the country, schools and colleges are dumping SATs so they can engineer racial equity, and abolish the idea of merit. The Smithsonian backed the idea that working hard, showing up on time and perfecting a task are functions of “whiteness”. In California, there’s a ballot initiative to legalize government discrimination on the basis of race; and a new mandate that company boards add members from under-represented communities. Corporations who haven’t publicly committed themselves to the full woke project are being hounded by their employeesinto doing so, meaning hiring and firing on the basis of race, or forcing employees into re-education sessions, guided by DiAngelo and Kendi. The NBA, for Pete’s sake, is now a festival of wokeness, even as viewership collapses. CRT propaganda like the NYT’s 1619 Project can be exposed as untrue and unethical, but the paper can both debunk it in its own pages and still hail it as a triumph. And the pièce de resistance: 21 percent of liberal students in the Ivy League favor some level of violence to stop campus speech they disapprove of.
There seems no stopping this. But why? Why this powerful, seemingly inevitable shift, especially among white elites? I’d posit some obvious reasons, but this is a rough guess and I hope we can start a conversation here about the reason for this astonishing change — and how better to engage it.
The first, it seems to me, is emotional. The reason so many people marched this summer was because of a righteous revulsion at the visceral image of a black man being murdered slowly on the street by a bad, white cop. This revulsion is a vital and important thing — and it’s completely compatible with a liberal attempt to reform the cops and criminal justice to ensure equal treatment under the law for everyone of every race. In fact, there is considerable bipartisan support for a pragmatic shift."

LINK to full article.

It's not winning..... And it won't get very far. Skill always triumphs and it will now also. Skill is not a Marxist construct.... It is an individual ability. Wokeness cannot make every man six feet tall..... Or every woman look like Halle Berry......it cannot perform Brain Surgery nor can it challenge
A mathematical paradox.
It's nothing to worry about because it's has always failed under the weight of its own clumsiness and it always will.

It's winning in corporate America, academia, and in the government. It's also winning in mainstream media and Hollywood.

We've heard for three years non-stop how important it was to investigate Russia interference from the Left... and as soon as we get actual evidence that China AND Russia are buying off politicians we hear not a word. I think Woke Nation is winning.
What they define is victory will eventually be a loss for them. In a new society should one be ushered in there will be no room for incompetence whether the Russians supervise us or the Chinese do. The people who bring it here will be the first ones to be put on the chopping block because they have no marketable skills.

America would release its nuclear arsenal upon both countries long before they allowed either one of those dictatorships to take charge of this continent. This type of stupidity must boil itself out all we can do in the meantime is sit it out. Continue to acquire marketable skills and never stop learning..... It is the garlic to their vampire.
Intellectualism is fine until somebody gets a flat tire.

Jo

One only needs to read Saul Alinsky. The past 40 years is right out of his playbook

One only needs to read the history of Germany to see the parallels between the rise of Hitler and the rise of Trump. Right down to the concentration camps on the Southern Border. Trump even borrowed his "Make Germany Great Again" campaign slogan. Trump borrowed Stalin's "the press are the enemy of the people", line too.

I've never read Alinsky, but I have read William Manchester's brilliant books on NAZI Germany and WWII. The parallels between Hitler's co-opting the NAZI Party, is mirrored by the Trump take over of the Republican Party. Hitler villified the Jews. Trump villifies non-whites, immigrants, and "others" who are not white, male and Christian. That includes women, most of whom have left this toxic party.

How much crack does one need to smoke to be as delusional as you?

One only needs to read Saul Alinsky. The past 40 years is right out of his playbook

One only needs to read the history of Germany to see the parallels between the rise of Hitler and the rise of Trump. Right down to the concentration camps on the Southern Border. Trump even borrowed his "Make Germany Great Again" campaign slogan. Trump borrowed Stalin's "the press are the enemy of the people", line too.

I've never read Alinsky, but I have read William Manchester's brilliant books on NAZI Germany and WWII. The parallels between Hitler's co-opting the NAZI Party, is mirrored by the Trump take over of the Republican Party. Hitler villified the Jews. Trump villifies non-whites, immigrants, and "others" who are not white, male and Christian. That includes women, most of whom have left this toxic party.

The same has been said for every president in office since the 40's..... You really are dumb.... That can be excused after all you're a Trudaeaulian toad..... But even you must know when your own sanity has deteriorated to utter bovum...
And yet you speak.

Jo

Because the "wokers" are FAR more determined to take America by any means necessary than "Patriots" are willing to defend the nation.

It really is that simple.

Once again the radical right tries to virtue signal their "patriotism", while supporting white supremacist policies and encouraging the right wing terrorism of the armed thugs calling themselves "militia".

The radical right is using the language of patriotism, "law and order" calling themselves "militias" when in fact they are thugs and killers as their history of violence and death can attest. If you knew anything about the psychometrics of language, you'd realize you're being lied to and manipulated.

In the 1970's the anti-abortion movement was very unpopular with the American public. They hired a PR firm which taught them how to rebrand the movement. "Anti-abortion" was turning people off. Instead, they should re-brand themselves as "pro-life", even though most "pro-lifers" favour the death penalty, and claim to believe in "small government and personal freedom". Suddenly instead of the American were being told the anti-abortionists were the "pro-life" people, and they also tried to re-brand the "pro-choice" movement as "pro-abortion". And it worked. The anti-abortion created an entire propaganda campaign built on the lies of being "pro-life" and caring about the unborn, even as they cut to programs and services for low income families, close public schools in favour of charters, and fight universal health care for mothers and babies.

The whole anti-abortion movement is not "pro-life" at all, and the armed white thugs walking around with AR15's terrorizing and shooting Americans who exercising their First Amendment rights, aren't "patriots" and they sure as hell aren't "militias". A "militia" is formed by and under the leadership of the duly elected government it serves. These are armed gangs of racist and anti-government thugs, cloaking their sedition and crimes as "patriotism".

You can't use language to cloak who and what these people really are, with false claims of patriotism and law and order any more than the anti-abortionists can cloak their hatred of women, with the false claim that they are "pro-life" while they are cutting school lunch programs, and cancelling health insurance in the natioon with the highest infant mortality rate in the first world.
Oh bullshit- propaganda, no matter what political stripe it wears is still propaganda- when you point a finger look at where the other three are pointing- as in back towards the pointer- language is and has been used for "cloaking" since men learned to communicate verbally- the "Public Education" "system" is subscribed to by R and D- that's why dictionary's are important and if need be, self education- of course educating ones self is tied to "want to"- when a mind is made up the heart has to be changed first- demonizing somebody is not winning a heart, though it may garner approval of like minded-

You'd be better served to educate yourself, as would most political message board posters from BOTH sides of the divide- speaking of the divide- to the political class, citizens are one of two things- tools or enemies- neither is very flattering to an Individual, though a group of like minded may praise either- and will ostracize the other- take it to the bank and welcome yourself into the group think group.

I have been well educated. Unlike you, I have been studying politics from all sides all of my adult life. Starting with the history of the Plantagenets. I'm not an American, I am an observer, so the idea that I'm just a partisan Democrat, is false. Nazi Germany has always fascinated me because I could not comprehend how the German people allowed this horror to happen, and let this monster take over their country.

Now I'm watching the same scenario play out all over again. And another white nationalist monster is in power in the USA. Nowhere have I said that Trump is Hitler, but his rise to power has been the mirror image of Hitler's rise to power, using the same tactics, the same lies, and even the same campaign slogan. Ivanna Trump said The Donald kept a book of Hitler's speeches on his night table when they were married.

Every time you fools get called out for your partisanship, your lies, and your demonization of Democrats, you try to turn the argument back on those telling the truth. Like Donald Trump calling Hillary Clinton "Crooked Hillary" and is now trying to tar Joe Biden with the same lies and the same brush.

The American people are wise to Trump's authoritarian rage, anger and racism. They want competence governance, and an end to the ugliness.
Some of the ugliest words written on this forum are yours.
Now sit back and enjoy the fact your pathetic little country isn't speaking German or one of serval other languages is because of the greatness of mine. Nobody in the world cares what your country, and therefore you, think or say.

Because the "wokers" are FAR more determined to take America by any means necessary than "Patriots" are willing to defend the nation.

It really is that simple.
That makes ZERO fucking sense.

pa·tri·ot
/ˈpātrēət/

noun
noun: patriot; plural noun: patriots; noun: Patriot
  1. 1.
    a person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors.
    "a true patriot"
    h
    Similar:
    nationalist

loyalist

chauvinist

jingoist

jingo

flag-waver

isolationist

xenophobe

h
    Opposite:
    traitor

Definitions from Oxford Languages

I think Wokeness doesn't compete well (if you read the article it suggests the same)... so Trump's biggest contribution could be erasing the hate history of Critical Race Theory being forced on our children and breaking up the corrupt social media giants who are working to shape American thinking in the scariest 1984 kind of way. Make their ideas "compete" and they will lose.

I think Wokeness doesn't compete well (if you read the article it suggests the same)... so Trump's biggest contribution could be erasing the hate history of Critical Race Theory being forced on our children and breaking up the corrupt social media giants who are working to shape American thinking in the scariest 1984 kind of way. Make their ideas "compete" and they will lose.
QAnon?

That's why the toxic lies of the Republican Party have to end.
Just fucking stop it- being publicly foolish is NOT flattering, no matter what political stripe you wear.

THEN, you ignorant, publicly foolish tramp - READ what I wrote- think about it if you even know what think means!

Once again, you cannot attack the post on the basis of fact, so you attack the poster, with insults abuse, and bullshit. I did READ what you posted. Republican bullshit and talking points is what you posted.

The first post you made had a germ of an idea, had you been talking about Republicans, but bore no relationship with what is happening on the left. What is happening in the USA right now is what happened in the USA in the 1960's. The American people woke up to the evils of Jim Crow and said "enough".

This time, the American people are waking up to the lies to the Republican policies which have essentially turned the USA into Apartheid South Africa, with defacto segregation, and a police state which has incarcertated more Americans than the Chinese Communist police state. It's pretty sad when the USA, the "home of the brave and the land of the free", imprisons more people than the totalitarian communists.
Defacto Segregation? Like School Choice?

Police state? Like the policies and laws put in place by Biden in the 90's?

Imprisons more people? Like Biden did?

LMAO! Typical lefty. Blame others for things that you support.

Why Is Wokeness Winning?

LINK to full article.
Wokeness -- PC/Identity Politics -- continues to increase in part because the Right continues to make it easy for the Left to leverage it.

The primary reason for that is the fact that your alternate universe media isn't teaching you to change hearts & minds with reason, empathy and intellect, it's teaching you to attack, insult, and convince yourselves that you're at "war" with "evil". Trump, of course, is the ultimate expression of that shallow philosophy.

So, the Left has no reason to stop, unfortunately. Those of us who lean left and are against PC/Identity Politics are losing, too. And certainly, Trumpsters aren't going to look in the mirror.

Last edited:
Why Is Wokeness Winning?

LINK to full article.

Winning over hearts and minds of impressionable young people isn’t such a difficult task.

Very true,
Until Trump arrived on the scene.
Now the silent majority has been "woke" and will "vote"

Just fucking stop it- being publicly foolish is NOT flattering, no matter what political stripe you wear.

THEN, you ignorant, publicly foolish tramp - READ what I wrote- think about it if you even know what think means!

Once again, you cannot attack the post on the basis of fact, so you attack the poster, with insults abuse, and bullshit. I did READ what you posted. Republican bullshit and talking points is what you posted.

The first post you made had a germ of an idea, had you been talking about Republicans, but bore no relationship with what is happening on the left. What is happening in the USA right now is what happened in the USA in the 1960's. The American people woke up to the evils of Jim Crow and said "enough".

This time, the American people are waking up to the lies to the Republican policies which have essentially turned the USA into Apartheid South Africa, with defacto segregation, and a police state which has incarcertated more Americans than the Chinese Communist police state. It's pretty sad when the USA, the "home of the brave and the land of the free", imprisons more people than the totalitarian communists.

One American mother told me flat out her children go to "Christian" schools so they can go to an all white school. Another American friend said this is very common in her mid-west state. While I was shocked to hear this, she just shrugged. American schools are now MORE segregated than they were prior to Brown v. Board of Education. Republicans are very committed to school "choice" which enables such defacto segregation.

Even your middle class neighbourhoods are segregated by race, and houses in the black neighbourhoods are worth less than the same house in a white neighbourhood. Trump is fear mongering to the white suburban voters promising to "save" their neighbourhoods from black people.

I get it. My daughter grew up in a mixed race neighbourhood. Our public school newsletter came home in 19 different languages. Her friends were all different races and backgrounds. So were the guys she dated. White America doesn't want their sons and daughters hanging out with minorities, dating non-whites, or, God forbid, marrying one of them. Oh the horror!

Actually, the Reagan War on Drugs and zero tolerance is what did it.

Yes, the crime bill that Biden sponsored was a bad idea, and Joe admits this. That's what "leaders" do. They admit their mistakes and learn from them. The difference between Biden and Trump, is that Trump has never acknowledged making ANY mistakes at all.

When Trump makes mistakes, he won't even admit he was wrong. His entire response to the covid pandemic being a prime example. Instead he doubles down and tries to sell the idea that he's "saved" millions of lives, when in fact, his response is a total clusterfuck with the highest rate of infection, and one of the highest death rates in the world. The majority of Americans have said they won't take a corona virus vaccine on Trump's say so, but if Dr. Faucci says it's OK, they'll take it. Even his own voters don't trust him on this one.

Andrew Cuomo acknowledges that he shouldn't have sent covid patients back to nursing homes. Donald Trump still says that his reponse was the best in the world. Cuomo is a leader and his voters trust him. Trump is an incompetent lying fool, and even his most ardent supporters don't trust anything he says on covid.

Why Is Wokeness Winning?

LINK to full article.

Wokeness is winning because it is popular and trendy. Dems like trendy fads and wokeness and there are lots of dems to push it.

But I wonder if America is brought down because of the trendy wokies if they would mend their ways?

A queer / trans country cannot defend itself. A country with open borders will be soon destroyed if the whole world moves there.

Even without open borders the filthy dems will destroy America.

Talk about crowded. The dems will make 22 million illegals new citizens.

The 22 million new illegal citizens will bring in 40 million to 60 million more through chain migration.

Don't we got enuf poop and pee in our drinking water already?

We don't need more people. Some of you getting your tap water from large rivers are already drinking 'toilet to tap' recycled human waste.

Photo tests on tap water in the USA:

Parts are nsfw

Virtue Signaler llr.jpg

LOL.

Forum List

Back