Why is the NBA/NFL so black? So lacking diversity?

Genetic superiority is why we're starting to screw around with genetic engineering 'better babies.' If there was nothing to be gained by our genes being manipulated we wouldn't be doing it. And yet claims ethnicities are all equal and none superior to another is disproven in that some are naturally 'geneticly superior' already. As GE continues to advance and be done, the superiority of ethnicites will mean less and less as everyone's 'tweaked' to their parents specifications. But right now, some are naturally superior in specific areas with no help from science.
So the NBA is allowed to consider quality of performance over skin color.

And if they lowered their standards to make the league ethnically fair, overall quality would decline, and the entire league would mostly likely suffer as a result.

A perfect argument against Identity Politics.

Genetic superiority is why we're starting to screw around with genetic engineering 'better babies.' If there was nothing to be gained by our genes being manipulated we wouldn't be doing it. And yet claims ethnicities are all equal and none superior to another is disproven in that some are naturally 'geneticly superior' already. As GE continues to advance and be done, the superiority of ethnicites will mean less and less as everyone's 'tweaked' to their parents specifications. But right now, some are naturally superior in specific areas with no help from science.

And if they lowered their standards to make the league ethnically fair, overall quality would decline, and the entire league would mostly likely suffer as a result.

Isn't about skin color so much as the genes certain skin colors tend to have by default. Isn't ethnic-superiority but genetic-superiority. It's just that right now certain ethnicities have the superior genes.

How long we live is the result of our genes. We're in effect 'predestined' in many areas like longevity, physical strength and endurance, etc. Some ethnicities have this genetic advantage inherit to their ethnicity, others don't, still others do but in greater or lesser amounts. Thanks to inter-ethnic reproduction we see a lot of cross-over.

But the fact that genes determine pretty much everything is why science is headed towards tweaking genes so offspring have whatever desired traits genes determine. Height, skin/eye/hair color, physical prowess, intellect, etc. It's all in our genes and all eventually selectable.

Just hope I'm long dead when we're seeing "Gattaca" for real.

The human race evolved in Central Africa. We were all Black once.

Way back, as with all species, the biggest and strongest ruled...and the weaker had to leave and fend for themselves, and adapt, sometimes to fortuitous circumstances--such as the Nile Delta, where a great adaptive civilization evolved...as did as migrations to Asia, and later into Europe.

The ones who stayed, the strongest, had no reason to adapt...it was important to stay strong...and their descendants, now moved by force to America, are stars in the NBA & NFL.
There is probably some truth to the Weaklings Had to Leave theory.

A disaster for the Weaklings and their descendants for uncounted generations after the departure, quite probably.

But, the flip (positive) side of the coin is that the hardships incurred during the first few score thousands of years of exile probably made the descendants of those Weaklings into very strong folk in their own right, and required them to become adaptive thinkers and builders and to farm and to herd in new and different and far more efficient ways, in light of the shorter growing and grazing seasons and the highly challenging geography that they had formerly been forced to migrate to. So, in the end, they, too, ending up 'winning'.
It would have been interesting to watch what a couple of ships full of Vikings would have done to the negroes in Africa.
The problem with the negro race is they ain't too "strong" between the ears.

Why is the NBA/NFL so black? So lacking diversity?

Because you white folks can't jump.

Yes whites are slower on the feild. But we are much better at business and organization. Why should any employer be forced to take less qualified employees? The Knicks shouldnt have slow white forced onto their roster. Microsoft shouldnt have dumb lazy blacks who are proud of being late unless they are the most qualified. Right?

Yes. Careers that blacks excell in dont need racial equality. Careers blacks fail in...must be forced to allow them in.

So the NBA hiring ONLY based on merit is fair.
Microsoft hiring only on merit....is racist.
NFL hiring only on merit...is ok.
Police and military hiring/promoting on merit...is racist.

Blacks are more violent...LOL. Just look at the German people to determine that is BS.
Germans are just better at organizing, including for dark purposes.

Blacks are simply more prone (in this country) to mindless small-scale and personal violence, yes?
Not really...blacks are just arrested more for fighting than whites. A black gets in a fight it is a felony. A white gets in a fight...it is just letting off steam. A white kills a cop...you ignore it and pretned it never happens. A white goes on a mass shooting dpree, killing kids...it is blackies fault.

But its not just the Germans...look at the history of war and violence throughout humanity...whites have killed everything. They are a very violent. Yes?
A black person kills a white person, nothing. A white person kills a black, media goes wild. Towns looted and burned. True story.

Yes. Careers that blacks excell in dont need racial equality. Careers blacks fail in...must be forced to allow them in.

So the NBA hiring ONLY based on merit is fair.
Microsoft hiring only on merit....is racist.
NFL hiring only on merit...is ok.
Police and military hiring/promoting on merit...is racist.

Ethnic equality is basicly antithetical to capitalism. And pro-sports are a manifestation of capitalist philosophy. You want the very best, so the very best is gonna result in mostly black athletes. But there is a hypocritical double-standard between the realms of sports and non-sports as illustrated above. In sports, the very best is also the very bottom line. But outside of sports, equality, even at the expense of quality is desired. Or at least stated as a desire which I think is more of what's really going on. Businesses who get a reputation for being racist or exclusionary don't do as well as more-inclusive businesses.

Blacks are more violent...LOL. Just look at the German people to determine that is BS.

Blacks are simply more prone (in this country) to mindless small-scale and personal violence, yes?
Not really...blacks are just arrested more for fighting than whites. A black gets in a fight it is a felony. A white gets in a fight...it is just letting off steam. A white kills a cop...you ignore it and pretned it never happens. A white goes on a mass shooting dpree, killing kids...it is blackies fault.

But its not just the Germans...look at the history of war and violence throughout humanity...whites have killed everything. They are a very violent. Yes?
A black person kills a white person, nothing. A white person kills a black, media goes wild. Towns looted and burned. True story.
White people invented looting and lynching. True story.

Blacks perfected receiving and stealing things. True story.

Again...that is white people...racists like yourself just ignore it. True story.

Again...that is white people...racists like yourself just ignore it. True story.
I've really never cared about the color of a persons skin. Then Obama got elected, and I all of a sudden became a racist. You're the one that voted a man to be president, based on his skin color. Not me, seems you're the racist.

Yeah because Africa is so peaceful and civilized.

Ultimate blackness is Somolia and Nigeria.
Ultimate whiteness is Utah and Vermont.

Which would you prefer to live in?

Given that I am American...do you consider blacks to be American?

I've really never cared about the color of a persons skin. Then Obama got elected, and I all of a sudden became a racist. You're the one that voted a man to be president, based on his skin color. Not me, seems you're the racist.
I didn't vote for Obama...racist.

Yes

I find that hard to believe.

I find that hard to believe.
That s because you are a racist idiot who uses race and hate as a political weapon...a typical teaper.

"Why is the NBA/NFL so black? So lacking diversity?"

Your return to conservative ranks is clearly where you've always belonged.

I value diversity and racial equality. Why cant the NBA and NFL be held to that?

Yes
I find that hard to believe considering your hate.

Forum List

Back