Why is Tesla hated so much?

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
I understand that many people do not want to buy an EV. So they shouldn't buy an EV.

I understand that the current electrical grid cannot handle the load if most people drove EVs. But then, there are significant portions of the electrical grid cannot handle our current needs. It needs to be upgraded and expanded. That has been true for many years.

I don't like Ford Motor Co. Not because of some political nonsense, but because I have owned 2 Fords and both have been pieces of shit. So I don't buy Fords. It is that simple.

But Tesla has become one of the most valuable companies on the planet. They have innovated the EV market. While they did not have the first commercially available EV, what came before them was more of a commuter novelty than a good option for a vehicle. I had a friend with a Volt. The range, on a full charge, was around 50 miles.

So why all the hatred for an American car company?

Some dont like it because it is a huge welfare queen company.
Some dont like it because they are against EVs.
Some dont like it because they dont like Elon.

The ZEV credits are designed to help all car manufacturers produce EVs.

And the income tax credits go to the car owners, not Tesla.

Also, the loans Tesla got were part of the ATVM (Advanced Technology Vehicle Manufacturing) loan program.
Ford got $5.93 Billion in ATVM loans and never repaid them.
Fisker got $0.529 billion in ATVM loans, defaulted and went bankrupt.
Nissan got $1.448 billion in ATVM loans. They paid it back in 2017.
Telsa got $0.465 billion in ATVM loans and paid it back in 2013. That was 9 years early.

The ZEV credits are designed to help all car manufacturers produce EVs.

And the income tax credits go to the car owners, not Tesla.

Also, the loans Tesla got were part of the ATVM (Advanced Technology Vehicle Manufacturing) loan program.
Ford got $5.93 Billion in ATVM loans and never repaid them.
Fisker got $0.529 billion in ATVM loans, defaulted and went bankrupt.
Nissan got $1.448 billion in ATVM loans. They paid it back in 2017.
Telsa got $0.465 billion in ATVM loans and paid it back in 2013. That was 9 years early.
No tax credits and Tesla doesn't sell cars....The money is going into Musk's pockets, with an extra step.

No tax credits and Tesla doesn't sell cars....The money is going into Musk's pockets, with an extra step.

This is sort of like blaming the rich for taking advantage or all of the tax credits and deduction that are available to them.

No it's not....The rich earn that money legitimately, and deserve to keep as much of what's theirs in the first place.

No free loot to the buyers, and Musk has no customers.

That is absolute bullshit.

First of all, the inflation fighting measures put out by Bidan have killed most of those incentives.

Second of all, a new Tesla Model S Plaid will cost you between $130k and $150k. Do you think $7,500 in tax credits is why anyone buys one?

Yes, it is. Tesla did not create the incentives. That was our gov't. And the gov't does not spend less if the rich take advantage of the deductions and credits. So the tax burden is passed on to other tax brackets. I am not anti-rich. I also do not blame the rich for taking advantage of every legal means of avoiding paying more in taxes. I certainly use every deduction available to me, despite not being rich.

Some dont like it because it is a huge welfare queen company.
Some dont like it because they are against EVs.
Some dont like it because they dont like Elon.
Me ? I hate African-Americans :stir:

charweeds.jpg

The "hate" mentioned in the OP is manifested by cherry-picked "shocking revelations" that are usually extremely rare, and presented as though they were endemic problems with Tesla's or EV's.

If you presume that people paying $50k+ for a new car have the intelligence to ensure, in advance, that a car with the characteristics of the chosen model meet their needs, then 90% of the complaints one reads on line are utter nonsense.

There is a jag-off posting on this very Site, badmouthing the Ford F150 Lightning, because it wouldn't meet HIS towing and range needs. What a fucking maroon. DON'T BUY ONE!

So that is why there is so much hate for Tesla? Why not hate on the politicians that passed it? Tesla did not make those incentives available.
Kinda like calling farmers welfare leeches too. Or people that can work on welfare.
IDK man. I just see that company take a lot of crap over tax payer money.

Because of some political nonsense – the right’s unwarranted, wrongheaded opposition to addressing the fact of climate change.

EVs – Tesla in particular – are symbols of the acknowledgement of the fact of climate change and conservatives have contempt for Tesla as a consequence.

He isn't .

Always best to get a basic premiss right.

Forum List

Back