may seem shocking but I actually feel sorry for Alex Murdaugh, convicted murderer

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022
I don't feel sorry enough to say he should be released! That would be the dims who say such...

But I feel sorry for him because he never learned what life is really all about. No one told yours truly what life was really about either, so I know how that goes. You end up in a bad place because of your foolish, youthful mistakes and you learn the absolute hard way. I was raised Catholic (why do I half-way laugh at that?) so I learned some things about God and living the right way and etc. But there was a hole in my family's ethics/Christianity you could drive a truck through and that's how things went haywire with me.

So now Murdaugh has the rest of his life to learn what life is all about, which is, in a word:

Jesus.

Jesus said "I am the WAY..."

Murdaugh likely heard that somewhere along the line, but paid no heed. That can be said for many, many people. Fortunately I myself finally learned.

Still donā€™t understand why he murmured his wife and son. Itā€™s obvious the Housekeeper didnā€™t have an accident. Why did he kill her?

Still donā€™t understand why he murmured his wife and son. Itā€™s obvious the Housekeeper didnā€™t have an accident. Why did he kill her?
I don't know. I was wondering that myself, and actually, we don't know who killed her. But one thing we seem to know w/ certainty is that the Murdaugh family got away or seems to have gotten away with a lot of criminal behavior. I guess that fact alone gave Murdaugh the notion he could get away with killing his wife and son.

Anyone who says unsavory things about the Catholic religion (not the clergy---) should realize that it is a force for good in this world because like I said, it is rare for a person raised Catholic (whatever that means) to kill anyone. I do not speak of those who are baptized Catholic but never raised such. That's a different topic IMO

as waters said...alex loved maggie and paul but loved himself more...he had never been held accountable and didnt think he would be held accountable this time...the boat case goes away with paul dead....why does any spouse kill their spouse...years of pent up resentment? alex talked about how maggie was so happy to stay at home and take care of him and the boys but here she was at edisto beach not living with alex...wanting to buy another house and refusing to sell the house she had...and her check to a charity bounced....in her social sphere that is unthinkable....paul credit card (thru maggie) was being declined...it was all closing in on him

was alex at the house with gloria satterfield died? she raised paul...if he pushed her..then he was a monster like his father...
if you watch the netflix special his friends say he loved gloria and would never hurt her..

I don't feel sorry enough to say he should be released! That would be the dims who say such...

But I feel sorry for him because he never learned what life is really all about. No one told yours truly what life was really about either, so I know how that goes. You end up in a bad place because of your foolish, youthful mistakes and you learn the absolute hard way. I was raised Catholic (why do I half-way laugh at that?) so I learned some things about God and living the right way and etc. But there was a hole in my family's ethics/Christianity you could drive a truck through and that's how things went haywire with me.

So now Murdaugh has the rest of his life to learn what life is all about, which is, in a word:

Jesus.

Murdaugh likely heard that somewhere along the line, but paid no heed. That can be said for many, many people. Fortunately I myself finally learned.
You could connect your belief in the god by coming to the understanding that social responsibility was lacking in America and that has resulted in men like him.

Ask me for an explanation or just ignore it. It's only my offer of an explanation on why you feel torn between two opposites on this character.

You've most likely unknowingly shown a beginning on being able to accept your social conscience.

Jesus.

The man is mentally ill. He is a sociopath. He holds no morality. He just behaves in a manner that will gain him what he wants at the moment.
That's what his problem is. Sociopaths can be highly intelligent and seem charming. But in every instance they are only in the relationship for themselves and the profits it provides. Just like the relationship he had with his drug dealer...it was the most honest relationship he owned....and he was paying him too much money for it to just be oxytocin he was purchasing from him.

as waters said...alex loved maggie and paul but loved himself more...he had never been held accountable and didnt think he would be held accountable this time...the boat case goes away with paul dead....why does any spouse kill their spouse...years of pent up resentment? alex talked about how maggie was so happy to stay at home and take care of him and the boys but here she was at edisto beach not living with alex...wanting to buy another house and refusing to sell the house she had...and her check to a charity bounced....in her social sphere that is unthinkable....paul credit card (thru maggie) was being declined...it was all closing in on him
thanks for the info, assuming it is correct. I didn't hear some of this on Fox (and watched CNN when Fox was on commercial break)

Jeanine Pirro kept saying it was domestic violence and I didn't get that until I learned more facts about the marriage. A woman's chance of being murdered by her husband/boyfriend goes up 800% when she attempts to leave him.

The man is mentally ill. He is a sociopath. He holds no morality. He just behaves in a manner that will gain him what he wants at the moment.
That's what his problem is. Sociopaths can be highly intelligent and seem charming. But in every instance they are only in the relationship for themselves and the profits it provides. Just like the relationship he had with his drug dealer...it was the most honest relationship he owned....and he was paying him too much money for it to just be oxytocin he was purchasing from him.
I don't know much about that aspect of the story, which was not covered on Fox. What kind of rlationship did he have w/ the drug dealer?

I know nothing about that.

was alex at the house with gloria satterfield died? she raised paul...if he pushed her..then he was a monster like his father...
if you watch the netflix special his friends say he loved gloria and would never hurt her..
Do you mean: If Paul pushed her?

I don't know much about that aspect of the story, which was not covered on Fox. What kind of rlationship did he have w/ the drug dealer?

I know nothing about that.
There was a known drug dealer that Alex defended years before all this started....but Alex was writing him checks every week once the troubles began. He claimed it was for oxytocin oxycotin or some sort of drugs.....but the amount of money was for for so many pills that even with heavy drug use the pills would last 135 years....obviously something else was going on....but nobody wants to talk surprisingly enough. $9k/wk buys a lot of pills....and there were a few checks for $27k in the mix as well. All total it was for over $150K....might have been as much as 500k....can't remember exactly.

There was a known drug dealer that Alex defended years before all this started....but Alex was writing him checks every week once the troubles began. He claimed it was for oxytocin oxycotin or some sort of drugs.....but the amount of money was for for so many pills that even with heavy drug use the pills would last 135 years....obviously something else was going on....but nobody wants to talk surprisingly enough. $9k/wk buys a lot of pills....and there were a few checks for $27k in the mix as well. All total it was for over $150K....might have been as much as 500k....can't remember exactly.
I knew he paid too much money for it to be drugs alone but didn't know all this. Thanks.

I don't know why this kind of thing interests me but it does. I guess human behavior is .... baffling at times.

What do you think it is about this convicted murderer that makes you feel sympathy for him OP?

I knew he paid too much money for it to be drugs alone but didn't know all this. Thanks.

I don't know why this kind of thing interests me but it does. I guess human behavior is .... baffling at times.
Here's an article that has a quote from the Judge at the end.....it's quite a quote.

Jesus.

Why do you "half way" laugh about being raised Catholic?

You could connect your belief in the god by coming to the understanding that social responsibility was lacking in America and that has resulted in men like him.

Ask me for an explanation or just ignore it. It's only my offer of an explanation on why you feel torn between two opposites on this character.

You've most likely unknowingly shown a beginning on being able to accept your social conscience.
This entire post sounds like gibberish

just calling it as i see it. It makes no sense at all. People should edit posts before Replying

What do you think it is about this convicted murderer that makes you feel sympathy for him OP?
maybe you should read the OP which seems quite clear.

If people cannot see similarities between themselves and .. just about anyone else.. society is.. well, it's going to get worse and worse. Hasn't it gotten bad enough over the past 20 years ? Even in the last TWO it has gotten outrageously ridiculous, the lawlessness, the lack of accountability for people who have $$... I think of how all the prominent dims in DC get away with their crimes while the Rs are held accountable for looking @ someone "funny"..

sick

This entire post sounds like gibberish

just calling it as i see it. It makes no sense at all. People should edit posts before Replying
You've become aware of what 'social' responsibility means and now that's in your mind, you're going to have to make your religious beliefs fill the bill.

Just stating that you feel sorry for him has affirmed that. It's made you a better Christian but you don't understand just how much better it has made you!

Don't worry or be concerned. It's consistent with your Christian teaching!

~brought to you courtesy of 'atheism incorporated'!

Forum List

Back