CDZ Why is prostitution illegal?

It's perverted.

Greg
Specifically, what is "perverted" about the practice of prostitution?

There are certain sexual acts and activities which are commonly thought of as perverse, i.e., pedophilia, bestiality, et. al. But there is nothing perverse about the ordinary practice of prostitution, which is the voluntary and wholly agreeable exchange by adults of sexual intimacy for some form of compensation.

It's perverted.

Greg

There are certain sexual acts and activities which are commonly thought of as perverse, i.e., pedophilia, bestiality, et. al. But there is nothing perverse about the ordinary practice of prostitution, which is the voluntary and wholly agreeable exchange by adults of sexual intimacy for some form of compensation.
Apparently the exchange of money makes it perverse, otherwise it's simply sex.

there is NOTHING to stop pimps from beating, raping and even killing prostitutes and with special emphasis on minors and children. .

Minors and children especially suffer from the ills that have been PROVEN to coincide with legalized prostitution. You care more about playing games with some 'theory' than with the fate of actual human beings. That says something about you.
Child prostitution would still be illegal,

And there would be more of it thanks to people like you.

It's not a "theory." .

And you offer nothing more than insistence. Try reading some of the many, many links I've provided.

I have. LIKE I SAID, the reason why the instances of arrests for human trafficking happen is because it is being policed instead of ignored.

You clearly haven't read the scientific studies.

Those are NOT scientific studies, hate to break it to you. They are trying to correlate "more arrests" with increased crime. That is not the case. The reason why there are more arrests is because the so-called "business" is being regulated, so those who are breaking laws are getting caught, as opposed to keeping the whole thing "secretive."

It's perverted.

Greg

Well, it is rather disgusting. I wish women wouldn't do it, but as long as they are consenting adults and know what they're doing, then that's fine by me. I know that we can't stop them. However, regulating the industry, IMO, will help minors. They wouldn't have to be afraid to tell the police if they are being abused, etc. As it is now, the pimps use the fact that it is illegal to scare these young (sometimes VERY young) girls.

Sorry. I already explained this. The reason why this SEEMS to be the case is because when it is legalized, the police capture MORE of these people. Duh.

"The scale effect of legalized prostitution leads to an expansion of the prostitution market, increasing human trafficking, while the substitution effect reduces demand for trafficked women as legal prostitutes are favored over trafficked ones. Our empirical analysis for a cross-section of up to 150 countries shows that the scale effect dominates the substitution effect. On average, countries where prostitution is legal experience larger reported human trafficking inflows."

Does Legalized Prostitution Increase Human Trafficking

Stop pretending you care about real people.

Nope, it doesn't lead to MORE illegal activity. .

Yes it does. Read the links.

Last edited:

Sorry. I already explained this. The reason why this SEEMS to be the case is because when it is legalized, the police capture MORE of these people. Duh.

"The scale effect of legalized prostitution leads to an expansion of the prostitution market, increasing human trafficking, while the substitution effect reduces demand for trafficked women as legal prostitutes are favored over trafficked ones. Our empirical analysis for a cross-section of up to 150 countries shows that the scale effect dominates the substitution effect. On average, countries where prostitution is legal experience larger reported human trafficking inflows."

Yes it does. Read the links, idiot.

I did, idiot, and they don't PROVE anything. They go along with exactly what I said, except the authors put a spin on it.

I can see you are going to start getting nasty because you are wrong, as usual. My argument makes much more sense than your ridiculous stance of "do nothing."

I did, ...

Your posts prove you have not.

My argument makes much more sense

I have provided proof over and over again. You have provided nothing.

No you haven't, and I've taken your "proof" and applied simple common sense to it. IGNORING problems doesn't help make them better. Keeping things illegal and for the most part unregulated is not helping anyone.

As I've told you, the reason why there is an alleged "increase" in human trafficking is because those people are caught more often when the activity is legalized. Same with alcohol, same with anything.

Well, it is rather disgusting.
That is an entirely subjective individual perception -- which you are fully entitled to. While I'm sure there are certain transactions within the practice of prostitution which are thought of as revolting by those with ordinary and/or conservative sexual preferences and attitudes, provided the subjects are consenting adults and no one is harmed by their actions, let freedom reign. (I personally feel that eating lobsters and crabs is disgusting.)

I wish women wouldn't do it . . .
Men do it, too. Not quite as commonly, or overtly, but the gigolo is a very real presence in the world of wealthy women.

. . . . but as long as they are consenting adults and know what they're doing, then that's fine by me.
Which is a perfectly rational, reasonable attitude.

I know that we can't stop them.
Why should we stop them? How does their peaceful, discreetly conducted sexual behavior affect us?

However, regulating the industry, IMO, will help minors. They wouldn't have to be afraid to tell the police if they are being abused, etc. As it is now, the pimps use the fact that it is illegal to scare these young (sometimes VERY young) girls.
Well said and quite true.

Prostitution should be legalized, regulated, and supervised by the police -- as it is in The Netherlands, which is a highly civilized and psychologically healthy nation.

As I've told you, the reason why there is an alleged "increase" in human trafficking is because those people are caught more often when the activity is legalized. .

This statement proves you have not read the links.

That is an entirely subjective individual perception -- which you are fully entitled to. While I'm sure there are certain transactions within the practice of prostitution which are thought of as revolting by those with ordinary and/or conservative sexual preferences and attitudes, provided the subjects are consenting adults and no one is harmed by their actions, let freedom reign. (I personally feel that eating lobsters and crabs is disgusting.)

Men do it, too. Not quite as commonly, or overtly, but the gigolo is a very real presence in the world of wealthy women.

. . . . but as long as they are consenting adults and know what they're doing, then that's fine by me.

Why should we stop them? How does their peaceful, discreetly conducted sexual behavior affect us?

However, regulating the industry, IMO, will help minors. They wouldn't have to be afraid to tell the police if they are being abused, etc. As it is now, the pimps use the fact that it is illegal to scare these young (sometimes VERY young) girls.

Prostitution should be legalized, regulated, and supervised by the police -- as it is in The Netherlands, which is a highly civilized and psychologically healthy nation.

Well, I think it's disgusting because of the fact that they are sleeping with NUMEROUS men in a day. Come on! That is just not very "clean" so to speak, opens you up for a larger chance of catching some disease, and I don't know how any man could WANT to sleep with a woman who perhaps just got done having sex with some other dude. :puke: Think about that and yes, it's pretty disgusting. You don't have any idea how "clean" they might be.

I never said men didn't do it, but mostly women are the more "successful" prostitutes. That's just the way things are. Not many women have to pay for sex, and gay people are a minority.

I don't think it's a very good occupation, that's why. I think women are capable of better things than just spreading their legs for money. I think it is a profession that attracts those with low self esteem who feel they really can't do anything else. The fact that most prostitutes do have other issues is indicative of that.

I agree, it should be regulated industry. Keeping it in the black market isn't helping these women, that's for sure.

As I've told you, the reason why there is an alleged "increase" in human trafficking is because those people are caught more often when the activity is legalized. .

This statement proves you have not read the links.

Look, get lost. You are starting to become a nuisance. Your links prove nothing. They are just bogus correlations and blogs, nothing more.

I also think that sex should be something special between two people, not something you sell to strangers, but that's just me. :D

Writing an essay proves nothing. Of course they found exactly what they were looking for. They were not looking for independent woman that were successful in the business because that would go against their narrative.

Forum List

Back