Why is it ok to burn the Bible but not the quran?

Good come back - NOT!

So you think that we should appease the people who harbored Al Queda and who are now murdering people becuase a book got burned?

Holy Geez - and you call me stupid!

i think your inability to see it from their pov indicates a lack of native intellect, and your chest thumping just highlights it.

yes, you're stupid.

So you think that being upset with people who harbour mass murderers and who murder people for burning books is 'chest thumping'?

Got news for you - I do see their point of view - which is exactly why I have no tolerance for them. There is no justification for their actions.

Oh and BTW - only an idiot would call me stupid. Somehow as an electrical and computer engineer, most people seem to think that I'm extrodinarily smart. But I suppose you know more than all those I.Q. tests.

You seem to use that word alot...'stupid'...perhaps it's a word that you've heard quite a lot in your life.

i use it because it describes you accurately.

running a cash register at best buy isn't really the same thing as being an electrical engineer. :eusa_shhh:

horseshit

So, Christians DON'T kill in the name of god?

No where in the Bible does God command a christian to kill in his name.

I respectfully disagree.

It is certainly true that the Qur'an advises Muslims to kill non-believers (infidels). However, you should also be aware that the Christian Old Testament God also requires the killing of infidels. The only difference between the two "holy books" is the definition of non-believers or infidels. the Qur'an describes infidels as those who do not believe in the God described in the Qur'an and the KJV describes infidels as those who do not believe in the God as described in the Old Testament. Here is what the Bible says about killing non-believers:

“If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

"Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage” (Deuteronomy 13:6-10, KJV).

These are the Biblical God's specific instructions for His faithful to kill all non-believers. The fact that these words are in the Old Testament is immaterial since Christians believe the entire bible to be inspired by God.

See NORTHERN IRELAND, THE CRUSADES, DAVID KORESH, JIM JONES, etc.

I back up willowtree. Go to ReligionofPeace.com - Islam: Making a True Difference in the World
statistics back up the facts that in 20 years alone....
in the name of allah
islamiic inspured killing surpasses in 20 years
over 600 of christtian killings.
and nowhere in the bible,does it state that you must convert or die
as the quran does.
i have studied it for 27 years
would you like me to recite actual passages?
No argument from me. That is why we were attacked and entered Afghanistan, by ALSO starting a war in Iraq however, the fanatics' case that the US hates Islam was made stronger.* And by licking the feet of the Saudis as Bush did, we have left HANDS OFF the source of funding for the crazed.

*Yes, Saddam was a secular leader but the nation is MUSLIM.

For the reading impaired: See the difference between licking boots and extending proper respectful cultural courtesy as expected by a visiting head of state?

Attachments

• $bowingtosaudiking.jpg
    $bowingtosaudiking.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 15
  • $1004af0e_Bush_Prince_Abdullah_kiss_hold_hands.jpeg
    $1004af0e_Bush_Prince_Abdullah_kiss_hold_hands.jpeg
    21.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Anyone have a clue?

Because it goes against the norms of Muslim society in that region of the world. Just like not committing a violent act against a white conservative goes against the norms of certain segments of black American society.

It is not ok to burn the Bible but not the Qu'ran.

As a general rule, it is not ok to burn the Bible.

As a general rule, it is not ok to burn the Qu'ran.

As a general rule, it is not ok to burn almost any book.

I wish the incident in A'gan'stan had never occurred.

But given the purported reasons behind the burning of those Qu'rans, it is also true that the murderous reaction of the Islamic radicals is fucking ridiculous.

See NORTHERN IRELAND, THE CRUSADES, DAVID KORESH, JIM JONES, etc.

I back up willowtree. Go to ReligionofPeace.com - Islam: Making a True Difference in the World
statistics back up the facts that in 20 years alone....
in the name of allah
islamiic inspured killing surpasses in 20 years
over 600 of christtian killings.
and nowhere in the bible,does it state that you must convert or die
as the quran does.
i have studied it for 27 years
would you like me to recite actual passages?
Scott Roeder is another example. Though Ann THE MAN Coulter joked about the killing of Dr. Tiller, he was shot by a religious fanatic also.

There is a great difference between isolated individuals who act, claiming their religion as grounds for evil, and an entire population that claims the same. One represents a deranged person, the other represents a population that is so evil and tainted that their extermination should be considered a good deed.

Anyone have a clue?

Your postily atheist here to tickle the funny bone of many usmb members again.

But this time, I don't want to tickle any funnybones or play with your toes today!

I am here in total disgust! People think we Atheists burn bibles!!

Why do I say that? Well ask yourself, who else are willing to burn a bible?

The Eastern traditions? Nope, cause anger. the Eastern traditions dissuade against anger!

The Jews? Includes too much of their material(although badly translated from the Hewbrew) Nope, not the Jews!

The Muslims? They use it to cross reference with the Qu'ran. It is also considered a holy book to them.

So that leaves only us A-types! The Agnosticas and the Atheist!

I do not find it ok and to insinuate that it is ok is to imply those "Who might not give a damn because they do not believe in damnation" will is quite wrong.

Only Christ-haters seek to burn the bible. Not many of those. Even Cammmpbell does not hate Christians. He just like to annoy you.(Kind of suggesting he is a Christian to me)

I'm agnostic and I would not personally consider burning a book, regardless of its origin. I value books too highly. The people who misuse the information in books to further their own evil ends, however, I might consider putting to the stake.

horseshit

So, Christians DON'T kill in the name of god?

No where in the Bible does God command a christian to kill in his name.

Just a few more examples of where the Christian God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob orders his followers to kill (all references are from the KJV):

“Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt. Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.” (1 Samuel 15:2-3).

“And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof. And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary.” (Ezekiel 9:5-6).

“But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth: But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee” (Deuteronomy 20:16-17).

“And that day Joshua took Makkedah, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and the king thereof he utterly destroyed, them, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain: and he did to the king of Makkedah as he did unto the king of Jericho.

Then Joshua passed from Makkedah, and all Israel with him, unto Libnah, and fought against Libnah: And the LORD delivered it also, and the king thereof, into the hand of Israel; and he smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain in it; but did unto the king thereof as he did unto the king of Jericho.

And Joshua passed from Libnah, and all Israel with him, unto Lachish, and encamped against it, and fought against it: And the LORD delivered Lachish into the hand of Israel, which took it on the second day, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein, according to all that he had done to Libnah.

And from Lachish Joshua passed unto Eglon, and all Israel with him; and they encamped against it, and fought against it: And they took it on that day, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein he utterly destroyed that day, according to all that he had done to Lachish.

And Joshua went up from Eglon, and all Israel with him, unto Hebron; and they fought against it: And they took it, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and the king thereof, and all the cities thereof, and all the souls that were therein; he left none remaining, according to all that he had done to Eglon; but destroyed it utterly, and all the souls that were therein.

And Joshua returned, and all Israel with him, to Debir; and fought against it: And he took it, and the king thereof, and all the cities thereof; and they smote them with the edge of the sword, and utterly destroyed all the souls that were therein; he left none remaining: as he had done to Hebron, so he did to Debir, and to the king thereof; as he had done also to Libnah, and to her king.

So Joshua smote all the country of the hills, and of the south, and of the vale, and of the springs, and all their kings: he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the LORD God of Israel commanded ” (Joshua 10:28-40, emphasis my own).

I know all this stuff is from the Old Testament; however, I would remind everyone of these words: "For I am the Lord, I change not" (Malachi 3:6).

I listening to the news and because the U.S. Military is Afghanistan burnt some Quran obama has apologized for that, and 12 people have been killed over it.

Funny about that, the Chicken-Shit-In-Chief has failed to demand even a feeble apology from the murderers. He just keeps belly-crawling around the ankles of animals that view him as a weakling and a coward.
Show weakness in the face of bullies and you will get beaten even harder and more often.

As we now see. obama has apologized twice, the defense department has apologized, all of our troops will be trained in how to show obesiance towards islam.

It has only excited the muslims to be even more murderous. They are like sharks with a wounded prey. The groveling has only whetted their appetite for more violence.

What they want is for obama to give them a couple of sacrificial lambs to behead for the next You Tube video.

That's not a commandment for Christians to kill in the name of God try again.

Thus Joshua struck all the land, the hill country and the Negev and the lowland and the slopes and all their kings. He left no survivor, but he utterly destroyed all who breathed, just as the LORD, the God of Israel, had commanded. (Joshua 10:40)

Where's the commandment that CHRISTIANS are to kill in the name of God? Was Joshua a Christian?

I believe Joshua was a Jew.

i think your inability to see it from their pov indicates a lack of native intellect, and your chest thumping just highlights it.

yes, you're stupid.

So you think that being upset with people who harbour mass murderers and who murder people for burning books is 'chest thumping'?

Got news for you - I do see their point of view - which is exactly why I have no tolerance for them. There is no justification for their actions.

Oh and BTW - only an idiot would call me stupid. Somehow as an electrical and computer engineer, most people seem to think that I'm extrodinarily smart. But I suppose you know more than all those I.Q. tests.

You seem to use that word alot...'stupid'...perhaps it's a word that you've heard quite a lot in your life.

i use it because it describes you accurately.

running a cash register at best buy isn't really the same thing as being an electrical engineer. :eusa_shhh:
I think anybody who can wire a house is a GENIUS! (I once burned a part of a ceiling changing a light bulb, and still don't how it happened.)

Thus Joshua struck all the land, the hill country and the Negev and the lowland and the slopes and all their kings. He left no survivor, but he utterly destroyed all who breathed, just as the LORD, the God of Israel, had commanded. (Joshua 10:40)

Where's the commandment that CHRISTIANS are to kill in the name of God? Was Joshua a Christian?

I believe Joshua was a Jew.

Jesus was also Jewish. And so were his parents.

And, this matters because ...?

I listening to the news and because the U.S. Military is Afghanistan burnt some Quran obama has apologized for that, and 12 people have been killed over it.

Funny about that, the Chicken-Shit-In-Chief has failed to demand even a feeble apology from the murderers. He just keeps belly-crawling around the ankles of animals that view him as a weakling and a coward.
Show weakness in the face of bullies and you will get beaten even harder and more often.

As we now see. obama has apologized twice, the defense department has apologized, all of our troops will be trained in how to show obesiance towards islam.

It has only excited the muslims to be even more murderous. They are like sharks with a wounded prey. The groveling has only whetted their appetite for more violence.

What they want is for obama to give them a couple of sacrificial lambs to behead for the next You Tube video.

Send Newt, Romney and Santorum.

I like Ron Paul too much to include him with the others.

The freaking left got a court order from left wing judges to bulldoze a Cross on top of a 50 year old Korean War monument in San Diego because some dopey agnostic was "offended" by it. A cultural icon, the Mojave Cross, was burned to the ground by vandals a couple of years ago and there wasn't a bit of outrage in the liberal media. Sissy artsy lefties giggled about an "art" exhibit in NYC a few years ago that featured the Crucifix upside down in a vat of urine and nobody apologized. The Mother of Christ was featured smeared with feces in another "art" exhibit and the left wing continues it's war against Christianity.

Did he really say that about training the troops?

If he did and I were still in the Guard, I would resign immediately. I am not going to worship the Muslim god come hell or high water.

Immie

The freaking left got a court order from left wing judges to bulldoze a Cross on top of a 50 year old Korean War monument in San Diego because some dopey agnostic was "offended" by it. A cultural icon, the Mojave Cross, was burned to the ground by vandals a couple of years ago and there wasn't a bit of outrage in the liberal media. Sissy artsy lefties giggled about an "art" exhibit in NYC a few years ago that featured the Crucifix upside down in a vat of urine and nobody apologized. The Mother of Christ was featured smeared with feces in another "art" exhibit and the left wing continues it's war against Christianity.

I threw away my kid's Barney books. It's all the same.

Did he really say that about training the troops?

If he did and I were still in the Guard, I would resign immediately. I am not going to worship the Muslim god come hell or high water.

Immie

You already do.

Forum List

Back