Why is Hollywood systematically destroying older film heroes?

And they installed this village-idiot in the White House to destroy America's credibility.

Sorry, that happened in 2016. And that idiot..isn't coming back.

It's a movie. Entertainment. You have the choice not to spend money to see it.
But getting outraged over it is a complete waste of energy.

Like how Obi Juan Kenobi passed the torch to Luke. That was done right!
That is how it use to be done.
Today, Hollywood wants to mock all of the heroes of old, and replace them with souless "cool kids" with none of the qualities that it takes to be a hero.
Like I said - the message before was - you can be something great by hard work, determination and sticking to it. Today's message... you can be a hero by just being cool and good looking.

Last edited:
Sorry, that happened in 2016. And that idiot..isn't coming back.

It's a movie. Entertainment. You have the choice not to spend money to see it.
But getting outraged over it is a complete waste of energy.
No fucking shit, Sherlock.
And there is no way you could come up with a worse president than the retard in the WH today.
Anyone who thinks Biden being there isn't a serious problem is either a foreigner or an enemy of the state.

Last edited:
No fucking shit, Sherlock.
And there is no way you could come up with a worse president than the retard in the WH today.
Anyone who thinks Biden being there isn't a serious problem is either a foreigner or an enemy of the state.
Prima Donnas in the Dumpster

Hollywood wrote Bi-Den's script to deconstruct all the great Presidents of the past. Bloated postmodern degenerates need to trash everything from our glorious past.

Time to find a landfill. Dump them into it before they dump the rest of America there.

Prima Donnas in the Dumpster

Hollywood wrote Bi-Den's script to deconstruct all the great Presidents of the past. Bloated postmodern degenerates need to trash everything from our glorious past.

Time to find a landfill. Dump them into it before they dump the rest of America there.
Bye-Dumb is the perfect POTUS for these degenerates. He can't remember if he just dumped in his Depends or if he just signed another America destroying EO.

The only remake I ever liked was "Terminator 2". I hated the smarmy Clooney Oceans 11-12 and even Denzel couldn't make the remake of Manchurian Candidate work.

We are in the days of streaming. The movies theaters like everything else in this country are done. You won't even be able to watch free tv in the coming years due to streaming.

In my area you cannot really watch free TV anyway now. Very few people can do the digital broadcast thing. We are a fair distance from most stations and the terrain and radio interference make it a crap shoot unless you happen to be in the right spot or hoist a digital antenna 150 feet up a pole (which in the city is more than slightly frowned upon without going through a permitting process and putting in in a concrete base so the pole doesn't fall on anybody). At the very least, people are going to need to comcast senior citizens package of just local stations for like $30 plus equipment.

In my area you cannot really watch free TV anyway now. Very few people can do the digital broadcast thing. We are a fair distance from most stations and the terrain and radio interference make it a crap shoot unless you happen to be in the right spot or hoist a digital antenna 150 feet up a pole (which in the city is more than slightly frowned upon without going through a permitting process and putting in in a concrete base so the pole doesn't fall on anybody). At the very least, people are going to need to comcast senior citizens package of just local stations for like $30 plus equipment.
Wait until they start making folks pay to stream their football. Not going to go over too smoothly.

The only remake I ever liked was "Terminator 2". I hated the smarmy Clooney Oceans 11-12 and even Denzel couldn't make the remake of Manchurian Candidate work.
Terminator 2 was a part of this video.
T-2 was before the degeneration of heroes. IN T-1 -the hero was Sarah Conner. A regular person in every sense, who, when faced with a huge challenge and the need to save her son... she trained herself, vigorously worked out to gain strength... worked her ass off to fight off the threats. In T-2, she once again was faced with danger and having to protect her son,,, and Sarah Conner was the heroine again. Then comes "T-3"... and they destroy her character. She is now a bitter alcoholic that - again - hates everybody and everything. To be replaced by a skinny ammoral "magic hero" who just can't stop being awesome even though she has never done anything to be so awesome. Just magic. No hard work needed, no training needed to become an expert marksman... just magic.

Message of old - to be awesome you have to put in the work. It takes guts, determination and dedication.
Message today - to be awesome, you just have to want to be awesome and POOF! - you are awesome!!
And it apparently helps if you are a young, small framed female.

Last edited:
Wait until they start making folks pay to stream their football. Not going to go over too smoothly.

Depends on what they are subscribing to I guess. If we ever really get to a la cart programming might be cheaper for most. I pay $136 a month for direct's second tier package with 4 receivers. I watch maybe 4 channels in any given month. Others in the house, who knows.

Depends on what they are subscribing to I guess. If we ever really get to a la cart programming might be cheaper for most. I pay $136 a month for direct's second tier package with 4 receivers. I watch maybe 4 channels in any given month. Others in the house, who knows.
Streaming is still the best option by far.
I have Prime, which is essentially free. You get it as part of the Prime package with Amazon, where free shipping on many items is the real reason you get it.
I have Netflix... $20/mo
Paramount + - $9/mo for commercial free
Discovery + - $9/mo for commercial free
AppleTV - $5/mo.... super steal, it is cheap now as they are trying to get more subs.

So my total cost is $43/mo and I can't possibly watch 5% of what is available.

Streaming is still the best option by far.
I have Prime, which is essentially free. You get it as part of the Prime package with Amazon, where free shipping on many items is the real reason you get it.
I have Netflix... $20/mo
Paramount + - $9/mo for commercial free
Discovery + - $9/mo for commercial free
AppleTV - $5/mo.... super steal, it is cheap now as they are trying to get more subs.

So my total cost is $43/mo and I can't possibly watch 5% of what is available.

I won't ever do prime but I have considered paramount. Netflix was free with my comcast renewal the last time but I cancelled them because my price was still being jacked up $25 a month.

Aye... and the point of the video.
Luke Skywalker was like anyone else, could have been any member in he audience.
But through sheer determination, brutal hard work and relentless loyalty to the good cause - becomes a powerful hero.
In the "Rise of Skywalker" all of that was torn down in order to make the audience accept the new hero.
When you're making a movie, your concern is about making that movie successful. If it tarnishes the memory of heroes past, that is of no concern.

When you're making a movie, your concern is about making that movie successful. If it tarnishes the memory of heroes past, that is of no concern.
It is a little bit more than that.
You can read numerous other posts I made in this thread, expanding the point

That's difficult to do when they try cramming their garbage ideas down your throat in their movies.
They kill off the lead character because he's a white male and some chick replaces him.
Not hard for me to do, I enjoy the movie...... or not, depending on how good it is but then again I'm typically suspending reality in order to enjoy a good show.

Not hard for me to do, I enjoy the movie...... or not, depending on how good it is but then again I'm typically suspending reality in order to enjoy a good show.
In the equal sense, people can be bothered by messaging in movies and it isn't wrong.
Because you are not, doesn't mean others shouldn't be.
Suspending reality to watch movies is a given. However, a good film maker knows the story needs to be believable.
The example I have used 1000 times - would it matter if Darth Vader's outfit was pink polka dots? Yeah... it would.

As for messaging, it matters. Especially when a film targets a young audience. Kids are very impressionable.

Forum List

Back