Why is CA broke? Anchor Babies?

I'd much rather not see ANY ILLEGALS in this country. All it does is bring this country more problems, that this government is not willing or able to face, much less solve.

What my mathematical mind is wondering is: Would Cali's gdp, be as large as it is, without the hands of the illegal's producing it? And if a number can be put on what they produced and what taxes were paid by these businesses that they produced for....?
EDIT
And what number can be put on the taxes these products produced and SOLD brings when taxed at the register?

Illegals/migrant labor has always been important for the agriculture industry (especially in the Central Valley). Perhaps we won't need much of that labor if the Fed's water policy to kill the valley in favor of a few fish isn't reversed. But for now, we do need that labor.

During the go-go Real Estate Bubble, there were a lot of construction jobs - but that's not an issue now either.

I suspect that as the availability of jobs decreases, there will be some reverse migration (there have been reports of such already).

i'm not certain if there is a monetary value that is truly accurate on what the illegals cost us each year....

I just believe, if you want to come and work here, come LEGALLY, please.

i'm not certain if there is a monetary value that is truly accurate on what the illegals cost us each year....

I just believe, if you want to come and work here, come LEGALLY, please.
Probably the vast majority of them would happily do that but our quotas don't allow it.

Then the vast majority should stay put and NOT come here. This country has every right to have quotas. Otherwise we would be overrun by people from ALL over this planet. What should happen, is for people to RESPECT our laws and rules! It's that simple. If they don't like our laws and rules, well that's too damn bad. Continue the round-ups; strive to make sure our immigrations laws are respected and followed to the letter of the law. Get rid of the baby anchor law and stop giving away this country to those who yell the loudest.

According to the CBO and the IRS, six million illegal workers pay income tax. I'm sorry, but their word is more valid than the hysterical rantings of xenophobes.
the Mexicans themselves are Xenophopes?.....of their own kind?.....ok....ill tell you what Ravi...ill take the word of the Mexicans i live around over any article you care to show...

i work for the PO Boe....and i aint going to get no 90%.....if that was so i would already be gone.....

You're not a CA State, County, or Local employee. During the dotcom boom, Gray Davis made horrible deals with state unions, which percolated down to counties and cities as well.

CA would actually have a budget surplus if public sector employee levels and comp had just kept face with per capita inflation growth. Instead the morons in the state legislature assumed that the revenue growth (from dotcom capital gains) would last FOREVER.

Yet another example of the economic illiteracy of politicians.

oh ok when you said "public' i just assumed you meant govt at any level....

]

would you say that what these workers produce is an indirect positive to Cali's economy?

I just don't know?

I live in a state that is 97% Caucasian, and the other 3% is primarily American Indians....illegals are not an issue....though a very high percentage of our citizens are in poverty.

ill put it this way Care....the ones who are here to work and contribute and are good people....which is the good majority of them ...YES....the ones who are just here to SUCK what they can NO...and of course the lowlife gang bangers and criminals among them should be kicked out now....with extreme haste...every day they are here someone somewhere dies .....

When you import poverty, they pay very little income tax. Get a clue. Out of those 6 million, how many have a job that pays enough to be on the high income tax bracket???? You people are foolish. They are at the bottom of the barrel whereby most earn very little if not zero and live off welfare food stamps and any monies they get for their anchor babies.

When you import poverty, they pay very little income tax. Get a clue. Out of those 6 million, how many have a job that pays enough to be on the high income tax bracket???? You people are foolish. They are at the bottom of the barrel whereby most earn very little if not zero and live off welfare food stamps and any monies they get for their anchor babies.

Angel...they are here.....our govt.,Fed and states, have let this happen for 50 years and never did a dam thing.....now you want them to kick everyone out?.....it aint gonna happen,so you might as well get used to them being here....what they should be doing is keeping anymore from getting here and get rid of the ones that they know are pieces of shit......but that wont happen either because our politicians are so worried about PC that they dont want to be seen as a "racist"......so this will go on and on and on.....until someone with some balls steps up and says ENOUGH!!!.....

california budget 2000 2006 - Google Search

Budget spending
Over the past 10 years state spending from state sources has more than doubled in nominal terms (not adjusted for inflation), and during the current governor's tenure state spending from state sources has risen almost 40 percent[16] [17]:

California Spending, Years in Comparison FY 1997-1998 FY 2003-2004 FY 2007-2008
State spending $68.5 billion $104.2 billion $144.8 billion
Federal money $31.6 billion $52.5 billion $59.5 billion

Note: California's legislators have declined to put details of the state's spending online.

General Fund Spending by Major Program Area (In Millions)[18]

Programs Actual 2007-08 Estimated 2008-09 Enacted 2009-10
K-12 Education $39,825 $32,356 $33,745
Higher Education 11,823 10,138 10,495
Health 19,906 18,794 16,077
Social Services 9,432 10,009 8,876
Criminal Justice 13,059 12,778 9,032
All Other 8,954 7,472 6,358
Totals $103,000 $91,547 $84,583

'California's biggest financial drain is its universities, grants and the ever growing retirement accounts for its state funded payroll.'

Of course it is. When you have to educate millions of people entering the country illegally and then giving perks to those who are here illegally who attend CA universities and give them breaks on the cost, what is expected to happen????

Forum List

Back