Why Iowans are NOT a good barometer of a presidential candidate...Obama is the case in point!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
From this web site: How Iowa Caucus Works » 2016 Iowa Caucus Presidential Election
"The Democrats have a more complex system.
In a typical caucus, registered democrats gather at the precinct meeting places (there are close to 2,000 precincts statewide), supporters for each candidate have a chance to make their case, and then the participants gather into groups supporting particular candidates (undecided voters also cluster into a group). In order for a particular group to be viable, they must have a certain percentage of the all the caucus participants.
If they don’t have enough people, the group disbands, and its members go to another group.
The percentage cut-off is determined by the number of delegates assigned to the precinct.
Democratic candidates must receive at least 15 percent of the votes in that precinct to move on to the county convention."

So once again Iowans WILL NOT be a good barometer of a "GooD President" but a president that the MSM approves of and Obama was a perfect example.

With hundreds of reporters gathered around in the 2,000+ caucus meeting places coupled with the well known fact that Iowans have a pronounced inferiority complex we had Obama as the President!
Reporters just waiting to ask a dumb hick Iowa farmer why are you in the group of people supporting Obama..(see above..i.e. "participants gather into groups supporting particular candidates") the dumb hick farmer having little if any knowledge of Obama's extreme lack of experience, the dumb Iowa hick farmer says, "because I am not a racist"! And of course the reporter was looking for that answer! It has been proven time and again Obama played the race card to get elected. That was the ONLY reason he was
elected because NO ONE wants to be called a racist if there is NO OTHER reason to VOTE for a black man!

Obama knew that. He told voters in 2008...."And did I mention he's black?"
Obama says Republicans will use race to stoke fear

So this time the dumb hick Iowans not wanting to be tag with liking a "racist", misogynist", "anti-immigrant", loud-mouthed impulsive Trump, will once again rather then recognize the REAL value of an honest and capable of executing person... will NOT be voting for Trump!
Again the MSM at play working the people for their candidate that Hillary WILL beat!

Oh... I forgot to mention I KNOW Iowans as I'm originally from Iowa. left when I was 30 for Texas.

Forum List

Back