Why I'm Canceling My AARP Membership

Fifty - The Huffington Post by [email protected] (John Blumenthal) @ Why I'm Canceling My AARP Membership | John Blumenthal

I understand this is supposed to be a humorous piece – and it is. But, he never gets down to the main reason I have never joined AARP – it's become a supporter of the Democrat party and candidates. And it doesn't seem to seek to deal with those in the over 50 crowd who are still working -as the author points oub.

Are you a member? And why?

My parents were members of AARP for many years, right up until AARP came out in full support of obama and obamacare. They immediately cut up their cards and cancelled their membership after that.

I've gotten a solicitation or two from them, until I answered them back with my uncensored comments telling them what I think of their leftist obamacare support. I believe they took me off their mailing list.

Last edited:
Fifty - The Huffington Post by [email protected] (John Blumenthal) @ Why I'm Canceling My AARP Membership | John Blumenthal

I understand this is supposed to be a humorous piece – and it is. But, he never gets down to the main reason I have never joined AARP – it's become a supporter of the Democrat party and candidates. And it doesn't seem to seek to deal with those in the over 50 crowd who are still working -as the author points oub.

Are you a member? And why?

I was a member.

I joined for the car insurance.

I will join again pretty soon. Why?

Somebody needs to be there to protect our social security from the thieving hands of our POLS.

Forum List

Back