Why I no longer support the death penalty.

The War on Drugs is a failure, but that does not eliminate the fact the Constitution itself gives the government power to execute those found guilty of certain crimes as long as due process is followed.

State by State is turning against Capital Punishment

At the Federal Level, Biden will commute Death Sentences before he leaves office to prevent the mass executions Trump ordered before he left

State by State is turning against Capital Punishment

At the Federal Level, Biden will commute Death Sentences before he leaves office to prevent the mass executions Trump ordered before he left

As is their right, as is the right of places like Texas to keep doing it.

What "mass executions"?

All those on Death Row at the federal level were found guilty and sentenced to death individually, and will be executed individually.

As is their right, as is the right of places like Texas to keep doing it.

What "mass executions"?

All those on Death Row at the federal level were found guilty and sentenced to death individually, and will be executed individually.

Trump ordered 13 killed before he left after none had been executed in over a decade

Biden will commute those sentences to prevent another Trump Execution spree

Trump ordered 13 killed before he left after none had been executed in over a decade

Biden will commute those sentences to prevent another Trump Execution spree

He was merely doing his role after they were found guilty by Federal courts and sentenced to death.

He was merely doing his role after they were found guilty by Federal courts and sentenced to death.

Trump had to get his killing in before he left office
13 in six months while we hadn’t had a Federal Execution in the 17 previous years

Trump had to get his killing in before he left office
13 in six months while we hadn’t had a Federal Execution in the 17 previous years

That's due to the appealing of every little thing by people opposed to the death penalty.

Not on the merits of the cases, but on technical grounds usually.

That's due to the appealing of every little thing by people opposed to the death penalty.

Not on the merits of the cases, but on technical grounds usually.
If those Death Sentences had just happened to come up while Trump was President that may be justifiable.
But Trump ordered his Justice Department to accelerate Executions in his last six months and he went on a killing spree.
Showing the political nature of Executions and why we should no longer do it.

Biden is a follower of Christ and will commute all Capital Sentences before he leaves office

If those Death Sentences had just happened to come up while Trump was President that may be justifiable.
But Trump ordered his Justice Department to accelerate Executions in his last six months and he went on a killing spree.
Showing the political nature of Executions and why we should no longer do it.

Biden is a follower of Christ and will commute all Capital Sentences before he leaves office

Unsticking a stuck machine, good for him.

Biden is a pudding cup.

Trump could not leave office without killing a bunch of people

Biden will not let it happen again

Executing a bunch of murderers, so fucking sad.

People like you are the reason they need to be executed, so they won't be let out in 50 years due to a sob story.

Executing a bunch of murderers, so fucking sad.

People like you are the reason they need to be executed, so they won't be let out in 50 years due to a sob story.
Trump insisted on killing people before he left office

As a true follower of Christ, Biden opposes the Death Penalty

I think differently at 74 than I did at 24. Consequently, I no longer agree with the death penalty. I have been thinking about it lately because of attempts to reinstate it for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, one of the brothers convicted for the Boston Marathon bombings in 2013. There is no question that there are bad people in this world that do awful things but there is no evidence that capital punishment dissuades them from committing terrible acts. In addition, some of the most dangerous and destructive people in this world never face the death penalty or even prison. Anthony Fauci had a hand in more deaths and suffering than some of the worst mass murdering dictators in human history, yet he faces no firing squad like Private Eddie Slovik that paid a price as an example to save the country from military deserters at the end of World War Two.

Did capital punishment stop spying and treason like that of Julius and Ethel Rosenberg? A plume of blue smoke rose from Ethel’s head as her eyeballs exploded in the electric chair in 1953, but people are still spying and giving away state secrets to this day. Hopeless life sentences for the dangerous in society are preferable to my thinking these days. I live in New Hampshire and recall the Pamela Smart case where she recruited young killers with low IQs to murder her husband. She keeps begging for parole but unless society goes completely out of its head, she will never get it. Leslie Van Houten, one of the infamous Manson murderers, is in a similar dilemma. She is stuck in lifetime punishment and while she continues to breath; she will never see freedom.

The death penalty in America today has propensity to use the state to kill the stupid and poor more than the evil. For that reason, I see capital punishment as a Eugenic tool to wipe out the weak-minded, economically indigent, and poorly represented. Prison is no picnic, and it is a good place for those that attack society’s innocence. Death? Well, that is an escape; it is a short-term feel-good solution that does nothing to solve anything.

Th death penalty does have purpose though; it is used by the real evil in society to silence those who are caught and might implicate others as stool pigeons. The FBI had to off Whitey Bulger for what he knew about the bureau and of course the perversions of highly placed political actors could not be allowed to become exposed when Jeffrey Epstein began to sing.

Therefore, I no longer support capital punishment.
I am pro death penalty. Prison is no real punishment for a sociopath. Now if we could sentence murderers to life without the possibility of parole at hard labor, I'd be in favor of that instead of death. That way the killer could suffer every day for the rest of his life. There needs to be a real penalty for murdering someone.

It's reality. Due process makes the difference, free will on the part of the criminal makes the difference.
The Death Penalty is Barbaric

Most of the Country has moved on from it as has most of the world

Forum List

Back