Why I don't talk politics at work

The reason I don't talk politics at work, first and formost, is because I'm getting paid to work. But it's not the only reason.

Because if you spewed a fraction of the stupid shit you spew here you'd be fired in a hot minute?

There's a ditzy member of congress from Arizona who was videotaped ranting about how the earth is only 4-6 thousand years old. Republican, of course.

I think it was in the book, What's The Matter With Kansas that the author talks about the incredible stupidity of the Creation Museum that has an exhibit of an animatronic dino with a saddle on it. Could have been a different book but the closed minded ignorance really is just astounding.

Driving through San Juan, Puerto Rico, which is a very vibrant and modern city (as well as having the expected poor areas), there is an enormous brick building just off the highway. Its a "church" slash "museum" (anything to get that tax free status) and painted on the side is a generic dinosaur (generic because they don't need to be bothered with facts) and something about people coexisting with the dinosaurs.

What strikes me about this anti-fact religion is that its aimed at separating fools from their money. Apparently, its working.

And, its all part of the Republican push against education. They want their constituents DUMB and GULLIGLE. That seems to be working pretty well too.

BTW, I'm retired, don't work at a paying job but do a lot of volunteer and by damn, I DO talk politics. The more people know about the fraud that IS Mittens and the FACTS about Obama, the likely they'll vote for their own best interests.

Considering how the damn corrupt Rs are buying and lying their way to getting their puppet elected, I don't hesitate to point people to FACTS so they can make an educated decision.

But, I also understand that losing a job these days is just plain dangerous. You've got to do what is best for your own family. JMO.
Luddly, religion has nothing to do with facts. It's about faith; no facts are required. The Bible says God created sea monsters, then he created sea monsters; the Bible says God created everything in 6 days, then it happen in six days; the Bible said Noah put two of all living creatures in the ark, then he put them all in ark, all 1.7 million. It's just takes faith, lots of faith.

Yep, if you have enugh faith, you can just throw an saddle on that there T. Rex and ride to the voter booth to close your eyes and vote for the cult of your choice.

These days, that would be the morms.

I would fight with my dying breath for the right of idiots to believe in any silly nonsense they want because I believe in that right but don't most people KNOW that all that kneebound silliness is just that?

Just like they (should) KNOW that magic fucking underwear is the dumbest damn thing to ever draw a bead on the White House.

There's a ditzy member of congress from Arizona who was videotaped ranting about how the earth is only 4-6 thousand years old. Republican, of course.

I think it was in the book, What's The Matter With Kansas that the author talks about the incredible stupidity of the Creation Museum that has an exhibit of an animatronic dino with a saddle on it. Could have been a different book but the closed minded ignorance really is just astounding.

Driving through San Juan, Puerto Rico, which is a very vibrant and modern city (as well as having the expected poor areas), there is an enormous brick building just off the highway. Its a "church" slash "museum" (anything to get that tax free status) and painted on the side is a generic dinosaur (generic because they don't need to be bothered with facts) and something about people coexisting with the dinosaurs.

What strikes me about this anti-fact religion is that its aimed at separating fools from their money. Apparently, its working.

And, its all part of the Republican push against education. They want their constituents DUMB and GULLIGLE. That seems to be working pretty well too.

BTW, I'm retired, don't work at a paying job but do a lot of volunteer and by damn, I DO talk politics. The more people know about the fraud that IS Mittens and the FACTS about Obama, the likely they'll vote for their own best interests.

Considering how the damn corrupt Rs are buying and lying their way to getting their puppet elected, I don't hesitate to point people to FACTS so they can make an educated decision.

But, I also understand that losing a job these days is just plain dangerous. You've got to do what is best for your own family. JMO.
Luddly, religion has nothing to do with facts. It's about faith; no facts are required. The Bible says God created sea monsters, then he created sea monsters; the Bible says God created everything in 6 days, then it happen in six days; the Bible said Noah put two of all living creatures in the ark, then he put them all in ark, all 1.7 million. It's just takes faith, lots of faith.

Yep, if you have enugh faith, you can just throw an saddle on that there T. Rex and ride to the voter booth to close your eyes and vote for the cult of your choice.

I would fight with my dying breath for the right of idiots to believe in any silly nonsense they want because I believe in that right but don't most people KNOW that all that kneebound silliness is just that?

Just like they (should) KNOW that magic fucking underwear is the dumbest damn thing to ever draw a bead on the White House.
If people would just accept the Bible for what it is, a book about our relationship with God and guidance on how to live life, instead of a book of history, science, geography, economics, and political science, the world would be a lot better place. I fail to see how the age of the earth or how man was created has anything to do with man's relationship to God.

Last edited:

Dudley can you prove there is no God?.....or how about that we were seeded on this planet by a much more advanced race?.....convince me that evolution is the only possible way for us to be here.....

Why I don't talk politics at work

People laugh at you there too?

:lmao:

same thing i said......

Why is it that the rw's ALWAYS resort to name calling?

Funny you should ask.

Reason is very simple.

They have no original ideas and they know the old ideas are dead wrong.I suspect they knew it back when they voted for King George The Younger but they did it anyway. TWICE, for christs sake.

They also know that a R vote is vote against America and against their own best interest. And as I've said before, what is most disturbing is that they KNOW that voting R is a vote against their own children's best interest.

Okay, rw's, you can go back to childish name calling but surely you know that no one is fooled.

Except other rw's.

What name calling? I do see you labeling me however :eusa_whistle:

rdean wanted to know why he does not talk politics at work.

I asked/said becasue he did not want to be laughed at? Do tell... what name did i call him?

Deanie...do yourself a favor and refrain from talking about politics ANYWHERE.

There's an old saying that goes something like this...Better to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

I talk politics at work all the time. I live in Arizona and work with a bunch of hard right birthers and Obama haters. It's fun. I've been called an asshole during political conversations. I was told I could go to HR and get the guy fired, but having spent 20 years in the military where we argued, fought and then went drinking, going to HR seemed like such a pussy move. I didn't go and we continued to argue politics.

I talk politics at work all the time. I live in Arizona and work with a bunch of hard right birthers and Obama haters. It's fun. I've been called an asshole during political conversations. I was told I could go to HR and get the guy fired, but having spent 20 years in the military where we argued, fought and then went drinking, going to HR seemed like such a pussy move. I didn't go and we continued to argue politics.

which is the way it should be.....i work with a guy who cries to the station manager if you just look at him ......

I rarely talk about politics at work too.

However, I've been speaking a fair amount to ex-Bain employees lately and a few current Bain employees as well, and I've asked them what they thought of Romney as a man and as a leader. I haven't had a single person say anything negative about him yet.

Maybe if everyone used science to deside what the best course of action is on anything in this country we could get somewhere.

The right would lose all their power though

Maybe if everyone used science to deside what the best course of action is on anything in this country we could get somewhere.

The right would lose all their power though

Maybe if you used English (and spell check) you might have a chance at gaining your first tiny bit of credibility.

But probably not. You'd still be posting your silly "thoughts," just in a more coherent format. They'd still be YOUR "thoughts," though, sadly.

The few times I have discussed politics or religion with co-workers, I have regretted it. It's not the right place.

800px-Creation_museum_triceratops_saddle.jpg

wow... never knew that electricity was apparently formed from dinosaur dung...

learn sumpin' new every day... :)

ever walk into an establishment that has oxyRush playing on the radio? lol
The store owners hate it when you shit your pants in rage and fear, don't they?

ummm..... no they "shit their pants in rage and fear" when I take my business elsewhere :lol: You listen to oxyRush do you davemouse? Figures. :rolleyes:
No, I don't do talk radio.

You cried when Olbermann got fired -- twice! :lol: -- didn't you?

Forum List

Back