Why I Canceled My Order From L.L. Bean: The Toxic Tweets Of Donald Trump

I don't think I've ever ordered anything from LLBean, I'm too cheap........ :thup:

Same here, I'm into Walmart fashions.

Sportsmansguide.com and CheaperthanDirt.........

I've ordered from Sportsman Guide.
Okay, hopefully they support something you hate. Oh they do!! The NRA......... :thup:

All ammo and gun sources support the NRA. However, I have had a liberal gunsmith make a couple great hunting rifles for me.
Good for you....... :dunno:

587d1325170000880192a5db.jpeg

The return of two $30 pairs of gloves will not impress Linda Bean or move the needle at L.L. Bean, but it makes a big difference to me.

Dear L.L. Bean,

When I lost my favorite pair of L.L. Bean rag wool gloves last week, I immediately purchased a replacement pair online. Chronically prone to losing my gloves, I even bought an extra pair.

I’d like to explain why I canceled that order.

I’ve been a customer of Bean’s for nearly 40 years—since the days when the clothes in your catalog were modeled by staff members in the office parking lot in Freeport, Maine.

I even worked as a technology consultant to L.L. Bean in the 1990s when the catalog was integrating its first workflow software. I was told all about “Beanness”—the company’s expression of its unique culture and its guiding philosophy—and was taken on a tour of your fulfillment center. I still have the Swiss Army knife I purchased from the outlet store afterward.

I’ve played chamber music at summer festivals hosted by the University of Maine at Orono and by the Maine Maritime Academy in Castine, where I fell in love with the state’s rocky coastline; since then, I’ve always been happy to support Maine-based businesses. I’ve spent thousands of dollars on Bean merchandise over the years.

And I’ve always been willing to look the other way when Bean family members spouted lies, supported right-wing candidates whose beliefs were antithetical to my own, and endorsed right-wing causes that directly threatened me, my family, and my friends.

But this time things have gone too far.

More: Why I Canceled My Order From L.L. Bean: The Toxic Tweets Of Donald Trump

You should read the rest of the OP link. It is delicious. Thank you Andrew Miller. I usually spend a few hundred with L.L. Bean each year - but no more.
Things like this will make every ones shopping experience better...hopefully other businesses will catch on, imagine never having to deal with a liberal again.

Okay, hopefully they support something you hate. Oh they do!! The NRA......... :thup:

All ammo and gun sources support the NRA. However, I have had a liberal gunsmith make a couple great hunting rifles for me.

The NRA is the biggest enemy of the commie left...which is why the commies constantly attack them. You see, the commies want and crave a disarmed citizenry.........one that can have no hope of defending themselves. 250 million people have died under communism because they had no means to resist and that is exactly what those like you want.....not gonna happen....at least in my lifetime. The "state" is your god.....and anyone that resists must be dealt with. That is how those like you "roll".......

The NRA was once a great outfit and I was a faithful member for many years - until it was hijacked by radicals in 1977.

How NRA’s true believers converted a marksmanship group into a mighty gun lobby

It still is a great organization....my rights to defend myself anyway I see fit doesn't come from a benevolent corporate "gubermint" that decided that we have privileges instead of rights...privileges that they can take away at their whims. You see, not every male has become an emasculated dependent of "da gubermint".,......and we will defend that to our death. Bear that in mind.......

The NRA is the biggest enemy of the commie left...which is why the commies constantly attack them. You see, the commies want and crave a disarmed citizenry.........one that can have no hope of defending themselves. 250 million people have died under communism because they had no means to resist and that is exactly what those like you want.....not gonna happen....at least in my lifetime. The "state" is your god.....and anyone that resists must be dealt with. That is how those like you "roll".......

The NRA was once a great outfit and I was a faithful member for many years - until it was hijacked by radicals in 1977.

Hijacked? You mean grew out of a need (felt by many) to defend against those who wanted (and still want) to reinterpret the 2nd Amendment. Got it. :thup:

Hijacked? You mean grew out of a need (felt by many) to defend against those who wanted (and still want) to reinterpret the 2nd Amendment. Got it. :thup:

You mean the 2nd Musket Amendment?

The return of two $30 pairs of gloves will not impress Linda Bean or move the needle at L.L. Bean, but it makes a big difference to me.

Dear L.L. Bean,

When I lost my favorite pair of L.L. Bean rag wool gloves last week, I immediately purchased a replacement pair online. Chronically prone to losing my gloves, I even bought an extra pair.

I’ve been a customer of Bean’s for nearly 40 years—since the days when the clothes in your catalog were modeled by staff members in the office parking lot in Freeport, Maine.

I even worked as a technology consultant to L.L. Bean in the 1990s when the catalog was integrating its first workflow software. I was told all about “Beanness”—the company’s expression of its unique culture and its guiding philosophy—and was taken on a tour of your fulfillment center. I still have the Swiss Army knife I purchased from the outlet store afterward.

I’ve played chamber music at summer festivals hosted by the University of Maine at Orono and by the Maine Maritime Academy in Castine, where I fell in love with the state’s rocky coastline; since then, I’ve always been happy to support Maine-based businesses. I’ve spent thousands of dollars on Bean merchandise over the years.

And I’ve always been willing to look the other way when Bean family members spouted lies, supported right-wing candidates whose beliefs were antithetical to my own, and endorsed right-wing causes that directly threatened me, my family, and my friends.

You should read the rest of the OP link. It is delicious. Thank you Andrew Miller. I usually spend a few hundred with L.L. Bean each year - but no more.
Things like this will make every ones shopping experience better...hopefully other businesses will catch on, imagine never having to deal with a liberal again.
All the employees are Trumpet supporters and will give each order a golden shower before shipping..........

Dear L.L. Bean,

All the employees are Trumpet supporters and will give each order a golden shower before shipping..........

Childish.

Potty humor? What's next? Fart jokes?

I'll buy that when you start posting on parchment paper hand set in a press and mailed via horseback or carriage.........

Dear L.L. Bean,

Childish.

That's totally up to Trump...

So hows that I invented the internet Gore Phone and tablet treating you? Shit the man made a pile joining Job's cadre on the board of yes men. OBW they are all manufactured offshore by minimum wage servants to you needs. But then again usurious compensation packages are acceptable provided they dance to your tune, right? Talk about hypocrisy and double speak. As for LL Bean, quality products that meet the demands of the market place sell, regardless of what numb skulls that profess to be so socioeconomic sensitive and knowing have to say. Keep on howling at the moon it keeps me laughing.

I'll buy that when you start posting on parchment paper hand set in a press and mailed via horseback or carriage.........

The Constitution doesn't address "parchment paper hand set in a press and mailed via horseback or carriage" - but it does address arms (muskets) of the period. The 2nd Amendment is confusing and obsolete.

Is that example of the first quill amendment??

It's OK, my orders will counterbalance your ignorance. Why reject quality for political expedience. Ah, well, we both have our rights to freedom of expression, just as Linda Bean has her rights.

Might be time for some shopping. I've never bought there before but might start.

Of course, some entertainers might lose some people, too. And I heard some Hollywood actors were talking about a strike to protest Trump. They can afford it and don't care about all the little people who will lose their paychecks. Typical libs.

And they'll cry when people boycott lib supporting businesses. Remember how they had a fit when Christians were boycotting Starbucks over the red cup shit? They thought it was so wrong.

Might be interesting to see what companies survive.

In the past, companies that supported conservative views saw an increase in business.

Libs think they are hurting businesses by calling for a boycott but sometimes they end up helping them because others step up and support them.

Keep up the good work, libs. Good to know which businesses rub you the wrong way so we know where to spend our money.

Dear L.L. Bean,

Childish.

You're the immature little squirt who thinks it's funny .... it wasn't.
You're the vacancy that has nothing substantive to present ... as expected.
You're the child we must endure .... even if we don't like it.

The Constitution doesn't address "parchment paper hand set in a press and mailed via horseback or carriage" - but it does address arms (muskets) of the period. The 2nd Amendment is confusing and obsolete.
Confusing only to simpletons .... obsolete only to the treasonous.

Last edited:

Dear L.L. Bean,

Childish.

You're the immature little squirt who thinks it's funny .... it wasn't.
You're the vacancy that has nothing substantive to present ... as expected.
You're the child we must endure .... even if we don't like it.
Some adjust, others sublimate...

It does address freedom of speech based on that era's communication technology, it's what they knew..........., which is your argument for the 2nd Amendment...... What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Oops.......

Forum List

Back