Why do you want to elect Trump again?

I'm vaxxed, angry guy. LOL. What a stupid douche.

otto105: I don't know what anti-vaxxer means? Why it's someone who took the vaccine and doesn't think they should be forced by government to wear a mask. That's what an anti-vaxxer is

No, it's not jackass. Yes, you are that stupid, angry guy
Lonely florida guy, an anti-vaxxer is someone who is against all vaccines.

An anti-masker is some who is against masks who dies from COVID-19.

That is why I support the Article V movement. States need to rise up and amend the Constitution to take power away from the Federal government, but doing such things as limiting the terms of those in Congress and/or limiting the spending of Congress. Both of these issues about 80% of Americans favor, which would be unifying. But so long as you allow the circus of Biden/Trump to evenly divide the country, we will get nowhere.
It has always puzzled me why Americans rate Congress in the single digits, but then re-elects House members 98 percent of the time, and Senate members 80 percent of the time.

I'm all for limiting the power of the federal government. Another thing that has always puzzled me is why liberals whine about how much money is in politics and increasing all the time, while at the same time increasing the scope and power of the federal government. Money flows to where the power is in an attempt to steer that power in the favor of special interests. And the more power you give to the government, the more money will be spent trying to control that power.

It is positively dumbfounding liberals have not figured this out!

Trump doubled the federal deficit, with full cooperation by the GOP Congress, in his first two years. This was before Covid.

There was one, and only one, Republican candidate in 2016 who actually had experience in cutting federal spending and balancing the budget. He was run out of town on a rail in favor of a thoroughly corrupt huckster.

And the last time the GOP had full power (under Bush), they doubled the federal debt.

I have given up on the Republican party ever living up to its alleged beliefs. They are flat full of shit.

The Democrats have always been the party of spending and increasing government, but now I can't tell the two of them apart.

We get the politicians we deserve. "Gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it."

It has always puzzled me why Americans rate Congress in the single digits, but then re-elects House members 98 percent of the time, and Senate members 80 percent of the time.

I'm all for limiting the power of the federal government. Another thing that has always puzzled me is why liberals whine about how much money is in politics and increasing all the time, while at the same time increasing the scope and power of the federal government. Money flows to where the power is in an attempt to steer that power in the favor of special interests. And the more power you give to the government, the more money will be spent trying to control that power.

It is positively dumbfounding liberals have not figured this out!

Trump doubled the federal deficit, with full cooperation by the GOP Congress, in his first two years. This was before Covid.

There was one, and only one, Republican candidate in 2016 who actually had experience in cutting federal spending and balancing the budget. He was run out of town on a rail in favor of a thoroughly corrupt huckster.

And the last time the GOP had full power (under Bush), they doubled the federal debt.

I have given up on the Republican party ever living up to its alleged beliefs. They are flat full of shit.

The Democrats have always been the party of spending and increasing government, but now I can't tell the two of them apart.

We get the politicians we deserve. "Gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it."
I agree with almost all of you post, but the Democratic position on money in politics. Of course money flows to power, but it should flow thru only the very rich influencers who buy private meetings with elected people. We detest the Citizens United ruling, would like to see limits and sunshine on campaign contributions.

I agree with almost all of you post, but the Democratic position on money in politics. Of course money flows to power, but it should flow thru only the very rich influencers who buy private meetings with elected people. We detest the Citizens United ruling, would like to see limits and sunshine on campaign contributions.
The only reason "very rich influencers" spend so much money buying politicians is because the politicians have been given the power to affect the market.

If politicians did not have that power, no one would spend a dime trying to influence them to their advantage.

The only reason "very rich influencers" spend so much money buying politicians is because the politicians have been given the power to affect the market.

If politicians did not have that power, no one would spend a dime trying to influence them to their advantage.
That's how government works with power, but we don't have to give the dark money an advantage.

That's how government works with power, but we don't have to give the dark money an advantage.
You do not understand human nature. Money always finds a way.

Despite all the campaign finance reforms and Supreme Court decisions attempting to limit political spending for the past 50 years, the re-election rate of the House and Senate remains completely unchanged.

The only way to get money out of politics is to take power out of Washington.

You do not understand human nature. Money always finds a way.

Despite all the campaign finance reforms and Supreme Court decisions attempting to limit political spending for the past 50 years, the re-election rate of the House and Senate remains completely unchanged.

The only way to get money out of politics is to take power out of Washington.
I understand human nature and the power of money. I would rather not just let the rich influencers win so easy.

Does it make you feel uncomfortable that one party just decided to take the money and rule as sycophants to it.

I understand human nature and the power of money. I would rather not just let the rich influencers win so easy.

Does it make you feel uncomfortable that one party just decided to take the money and rule as sycophants to it.
If you think only one party takes the money and are sycophants, you are seriously deluded.

If you think only one party takes the money and are sycophants, you are seriously deluded.
Well take WI senator ron johnson. He supposedly held up the trump tax bill of 2017, but he actually held out for two people here in state. He got a tax pass thru which netted them 200 million less per year in taxes. Again just for two people in state...the owners of Uline and ABC Supply. Those two people gave him 21 million in campaign money.

Is tax policy best written for just two people?

Well take WI senator ron johnson. He supposedly held up the trump tax bill of 2017, but he actually held out for two people here in state. He got a tax pass thru which netted them 200 million less per year in taxes. Again just for two people in state...the owners of Uline and ABC Supply. Those two people gave him 21 million in campaign money.

Is tax policy best written for just two people?
Again, if you think only one party does that, you are seriously deluded.

Have you ever looked at how much of Chuck Schumer's campaign money comes from Wall Street?

Again, if you think only one party does that, you are seriously deluded.

Have you ever looked at how much of Chuck Schumer's campaign money comes from Wall Street?
What has Senator Schumer done to write legislation just for them?

Did any of them go to jail for the massively fraudulent subprime bubble?
I don't think that any corporate heads of the banks were sent to prison.

Someone from Lehmann should have been.

Been a few years ago but I do recall writing to him my objection to putting cash limits at five thousand. We did not have a bank card for many years so we carried cash to pay for anything we needed including paying employees if they needed money.

If you use cash like that now, they will arrest you, confiscate your money and accuse you of drug running. Everyone is guilty now of something until proven innocent in the eyes of the government. You must be watched vewy vewy closely now in case you are a "bad" person.

The fed probably has a 500 page dossier on you.

Forum List

Back