Why do we put up with this?

The argument long has been to do what you are told and no one gets hurt. Then take it to court. So according to that logic she should have shut down and took it to court.

Right the state has infinite resources, she is shut down and barely able to survive, do you think she could afford to "take it to court"?

How do you think lawyers get paid? It usually from the proceeds when the other side loses, not from the person they work for before taking the case to court!
The government has unlimited resources pilfered from the tax payers. Citizens don’t. They drag this shit out in court requiring parties to see therapists,take classes ,pay monthly fees to lawyers,social workers etc... until you are too broke to fight the battle anymore and are forced to give up.
WE were talking in this specific instance. Are you confused?
I have had lawyers tell me not to pursue a suit against the local government because the case would always wind up at the bottom of the dock and the thousands I would have to pay them would ruin me financially.
Exactly.
Bottom of the dock? WTF does that mean?

The lawyers knew you would lose!
It means that you are unimportant to them and they don’t want to bother with your case and will stall and stall and stall until you have no money and are forced to give up. Instead of having to make a ruling.

Salon owner accuses Oregon governor of retaliating for resisting lockdown orders: 'She terrorized my family' | Fox News
Glamour Salon owner Lindsey Graham reopened her salon in May and received a fine of $14,000 from the state. Graham claimed that Brown began to personally "terrorize" her family, and threatened to place her children under the care of Child Protective Services to "intimidate" her into closing her salon doors.

"She terrorized myself, she terrorized my stylists, and she terrorized my family. She took every government agency she could, and she put her full weight into intimidating me into closing, including sending Child Protective Cervices to my home and threatening the removal of my children."

Three days after publically opening her salon, Child Protective Services showed up at Graham's home and "interviewed my children without my presence," she explained.

They "opened a full-blown case against me which was completely bogus and unwarranted, and it didn't come until I shot back at them with a threat of the lawsuit," that they backed down, Graham said.

Why? This is horseshit. Our ancestors are rolling over in their graves. Everything they did was for NOTHING.
Almost certainly didn't happen that way.

Anyway, when the owner refused lawful orders to close shop for public safety they should have just arrested her, seized the shop, and been done with it.
The tyrant speaks. You’ll do well in our Orwellian future.
It is not tyrannical to enforce public health measures during a global pandemic.

It is a crime to ignore them.
It’s not a public health problem and it’s not a global pandemic. So, you’re wrong there too.

The argument long has been to do what you are told and no one gets hurt. Then take it to court. So according to that logic she should have shut down and took it to court.
And how long would it take a court to hear the case?

About as long as it would for the others that are told to do this.
The problem with justice in our country, is it’s difficult to obtain via the courts. The deck is stacked in favor of the government in numerous ways. The cost to litigate is just one. However, the wealthy aren’t nearly as encumbered by our corrupt judicial system. They can afford to buy justice. The rest of us often get railroaded.
People don't get this because most people aren't involved with politicians.

Salon owner accuses Oregon governor of retaliating for resisting lockdown orders: 'She terrorized my family' | Fox News
Glamour Salon owner Lindsey Graham reopened her salon in May and received a fine of $14,000 from the state. Graham claimed that Brown began to personally "terrorize" her family, and threatened to place her children under the care of Child Protective Services to "intimidate" her into closing her salon doors.

"She terrorized myself, she terrorized my stylists, and she terrorized my family. She took every government agency she could, and she put her full weight into intimidating me into closing, including sending Child Protective Cervices to my home and threatening the removal of my children."

Three days after publically opening her salon, Child Protective Services showed up at Graham's home and "interviewed my children without my presence," she explained.

They "opened a full-blown case against me which was completely bogus and unwarranted, and it didn't come until I shot back at them with a threat of the lawsuit," that they backed down, Graham said.

Why? This is horseshit. Our ancestors are rolling over in their graves. Everything they did was for NOTHING.

Anyway, when the owner refused lawful orders to close shop for public safety they should have just arrested her, seized the shop, and been done with it.
it wasnt a lawful order because there isnt a law to force her to do it,,
Historically courts have seen it differently, even if a few of today's RWNJ activist judges have ignored that precedent.

Historically courts have seen it differently, even if a few of today's RWNJ activist judges have ignored that precedent.
not true,, courts have always said if there are no laws you have no authority,, havent you been paying attention to all the cases lost on this issue??

Where does the Constitution say that Constitutional Rights can be put on hold for a "pandemic?"

It is not tyrannical to enforce public health measures during a global pandemic.

It’s not a public health problem and it’s not a global pandemic. So, you’re wrong there too.
You've obviously lost contact with reality.

Please turn yourself in at the nearest mental health provider.

The salon owner is a chick named Lindsey Graham?
Well that seems appropriate :D

You've obviously lost contact with reality.

Please turn yourself in at the nearest mental health provider.
Maybe so, but at least I’m not a Fascist like you.

And how long would it take a court to hear the case?

About as long as it would for the others that are told to do this.
The problem with justice in our country, is it’s difficult to obtain via the courts. The deck is stacked in favor of the government in numerous ways. The cost to litigate is just one. However, the wealthy aren’t nearly as encumbered by our corrupt judicial system. They can afford to buy justice. The rest of us often get railroaded.
People don't get this because most people aren't involved with politicians.
Many people not involved with politicians or our political system, get railroaded by our corrupt judicial system.

Why do right wingers only complain when the less fortunate are "illegal to the law"?

Why do right wingers only complain when the less fortunate are "illegal to the law"?
WTF?

Kill Samantha Bee and her family and it will be a start. Poison the baby food.

WTF?
Exactly. WTF. Only illegals don't care about the law.

WTF?
are you trying to say this lockdown was law?

Right the state has infinite resources, she is shut down and barely able to survive, do you think she could afford to "take it to court"?

How do you think lawyers get paid? It usually from the proceeds when the other side loses, not from the person they work for before taking the case to court!
The government has unlimited resources pilfered from the tax payers. Citizens don’t. They drag this shit out in court requiring parties to see therapists,take classes ,pay monthly fees to lawyers,social workers etc... until you are too broke to fight the battle anymore and are forced to give up.
WE were talking in this specific instance. Are you confused?
I have had lawyers tell me not to pursue a suit against the local government because the case would always wind up at the bottom of the dock and the thousands I would have to pay them would ruin me financially.
Exactly.
Bottom of the dock? WTF does that mean?

The lawyers knew you would lose!
Judges are owned by the party they are members of.
If you try to sue a politician who is in the same party as the judge, your case will be placed at the bottom of the docket.

That just gives you another reason to sue in a higher court! You realize you can do that, right?

Unless you're a democrat, then it is Burn, Loot, Murder, and riot with Kate's approval for three solid months. So much for your one-sided logic.

WTF?
In my state it was. I read it. The gov is given the authority, requiring the legislature's approval every 90 days.

WTF?
In my state it was. I read it. The gov is given the authority, requiring the legislature's approval every 90 days.
youre confused,,, no state authority over rides the constitution,,,

But at least old men perverts can use the same bathroom with little girls if they so choose....

Another BIG LIE ^^^.

STATEMENT: But at least old men perverts can use the same bathroom with little girls if they so choose....

RESPONSE: They may use the same restroom but not at the same time; these single restrooms have locks, and little girls are more likely to be accompanied by a parent. or guardian. Simple statements are misleading, and of course that is your intent.

Sure thing synthy....

Forum List

Back